Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Cinematics should leak early from foreign sites, I think.
    That didn't happen in Legion or BFA so it won't happen this time either. It's a global release mate, no one has access to the cinematics other than Blizzard until they get triggered in game for the first time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    BfA midnight release was very smooth. Sharding helped a ton.
    Also helped that we weren't in the same zones. Not only were Alliance/Horde on seperate continents but also you could pick any of the 3 zones of that continent. We also didn't worry about a scenario intro because we've all already done it due to early access weeks before the release. Shadowlands is opening with the Maw, followed by everyone being in Bastion and following the same linear zone order after that. We haven't had a launch like this since MoP with everyone being in Jade Forest. I'd be very surprised if the launch was as smooth as Legion or BFA were, but I do imagine they'll be putting Classic's layering tech to use so it won't be another WoD launch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Does that include cutscenes? I heard there is one cutscene in Oribos which will explain when the machine of Death broke and, since this is the main catalyst for the entire expansion, I am intrigued by that.

(By cutscene, I mean the weird/cheap cutscenes made with the in-game models)
    All cutscenes have already been available on the beta, just with a red cross over them saying WIP. Oribos thing is a cinematic that is yet to be seen, not a cutscene, the interview did some poor wording if they actually wrote cutscene.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    All cutscenes have already been available on the beta, just with a red cross over them saying WIP. Oribos thing is a cinematic that is yet to be seen, not a cutscene, the interview did some poor wording if they actually wrote cutscene.
    I see, then it must have certainly been my mistake.

Well then, I can't wait for the in-game cinematic where it's revealed when the machine of Death broke.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I see, then it must have certainly been my mistake.

Well then, I can't wait for the in-game cinematic where it's revealed when the machine of Death broke.
    theres like 4 cutscenes missing just in the starter area my friend

we have many hidden cutscenes coming

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Cinematics should leak early from foreign sites, I think.
    I pray I won't spoil it for myself this time, but... well, I failed all other times, so my hopes are rather low

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    I pray I won't spoil it for myself this time, but... well, I failed all other times, so my hopes are rather low
    it's less than 24 hours, surely you could find something to occupy yourself

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Lol, not for me, still have shit ton of work to do and want catch at least 4-5 hours of sleep afer 3PM.
    I mean, its not like i won't have anything to do.
    I got online classes tomorrow.

Day's gonna drag on forever exactly BECAUSE of them.
    And it definitely won't help that i'm excitedly waiting for launch.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    BfA midnight release was very smooth. Sharding helped a ton.
    outside of i think draenor EU best launch by miles

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Also helped that we weren't in the same zones. Not only were Alliance/Horde on seperate continents but also you could pick any of the 3 zones of that continent. We also didn't worry about a scenario intro because we've all already done it due to early access weeks before the release. Shadowlands is opening with the Maw, followed by everyone being in Bastion and following the same linear zone order after that. We haven't had a launch like this since MoP with everyone being in Jade Forest. I'd be very surprised if the launch was as smooth as Legion or BFA were, but I do imagine they'll be putting Classic's layering tech to use so it won't be another WoD launch.
    Classic's layering is just a variation of Sharding which was introduced in WoD. And WoD had everybody in the same zone as well before they split off to Frostfire and Shadowmoon. Problems didn't really happen until you had to zone into your Garrison, so i don't expect many issues here, especially due the lack of scenarios involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    i get to tell my friends they are cool once an hour
    Only once an hour, if you do more than that, Blizzard will hit you with the ban hammer and will take your friends away to work on a mine.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Classic's layering is just a variation of Sharding which was introduced in WoD. And WoD had everybody in the same zone as well before they split off to Frostfire and Shadowmoon. Problems didn't really happen until you had to zone into your Garrison, so i don't expect many issues here, especially due the lack of scenarios involved.
    WoD's version of sharding was so fucked the problems it caused represent one of the only times in the last decade that Blizzard gave players free game time. This technology wasn't perfected until Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Only once an hour, if you do more than that, Blizzard will hit you with the ban hammer and will take your friends away to work on a mine.
    I think he literally meant the kyrian ability to tell your friends they are cool with the steward

- - - Updated - - -

18 hours boys

I geared up an alt and got the bag drop on my main

Do the daily, random and unranked battle grounds, still reward conquest for a win?

If not, does that mean the Gladiator (not elite) appearance is now locked behind rated pvp?
    Can anyone with beta answer this for me?

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Just pre-ordered the epic version and only paid 20. had the other 100 from token gold back when I was playing BFA.

Waited till the last day because why not. Feels good.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    WoD's version of sharding was so fucked the problems it caused represent one of the only times in the last decade that Blizzard gave players free game time. This technology wasn't perfected until Legion.
    It wasn't zone sharding. It was the garrison instance that fucked over the servers. Every zone worked fine, but garrisons being central to the levelling progression fucked things over for blizz.

We're truly in the final stretch now. Time to start preparing all the snacks and nibbles for the evening.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    It wasn't zone sharding. It was the garrison instance that fucked over the servers. Every zone worked fine, but garrisons being central to the levelling progression fucked things over for blizz.
    Eh -- many people got stuck at the Garrison but I distinctly remember ridiculous lag in Frostfire Ridge and questing, in general, was miserable the first few days. Legion's launch was much smoother by comparison.

Garrisons weren't sharded, they were Scenarios. Sharding worked just fine in Tanaan. Problems happened when everybody, their dog, their dog's dog and their tapeworms each had to go into individual instances and completely overloaded the instance servers, which was compounded by there being a massive surge in active players around release.

- - - Updated - - -

Eh -- many people got stuck at the Garrison but I distinctly remember ridiculous lag in Frostfire Ridge and questing, in general, was miserable the first few days. Legion's launch was much smoother by comparison.
    Because there was a crapton of players sitting in front of the garrisons. Questing also had issues since many big questlines had scenarios as capstones, that naturally also failed to load for most people.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Garrisons weren't sharded, they were Scenarios. Sharding worked just fine in Tanaan. Problems happened when everybody, their dog, their dog's dog and their tapeworms each had to go into individual instances and completely overloaded the instance servers, which was compounded by there being a massive surge in active players around release.

- - - Updated - - -

Because there was a crapton of players sitting in front of the garrisons. Questing also had issues since many big questlines had scenarios as capstones, that naturally also failed to load for most people.
    The overarching point being that while WoD introduced sharding, it wasn't really put into successful use until Legion launch. I wouldn't consider WoD's launch to be much more populated than Legion's, either, since Chilton famously bragged that Legion's subscribers were back above the venerable 10M mark.

The PvP gearing changes have taken my hype from a 7 to a solid 8+ I'm glad they're listening to the feedback, even if they're very deadset on certain things that I don't agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    The PvP gearing changes have taken my hype from a 7 to a solid 8+ I'm glad they're listening to the feedback, even if they're very deadset on certain things that I don't agree with.
    I think you will likely always have to accept something you don't agree with. The important aspect is whether you trust the developers to know better than you what is best for the game, which hopefully Shadowlands manages to convince players of.
    The world revamp dream will never die!