Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    The overarching point being that while WoD introduced sharding, it wasn't really put into successful use until Legion launch. I wouldn't consider WoD's launch to be much more populated than Legion's, either, since Chilton famously bragged that Legion's subscribers were back above the venerable 10M mark.
    Then why did none of the issues happen in Tanaan? Frostfire already had significantly less players since it was Horde only. And Legion quickly distributed players over a far larger set of areas, so sharding didn't play nearly as much of a role.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I think you will likely always have to accept something you don't agree with. The important aspect is whether you trust the developers to know better than you what is best for the game, which hopefully Shadowlands manages to convince players of.
    Let's not get into it - It's not a time for negativity They might be doing some stuff I hard disagree with, but they're definitely doing a lot of things right as well. I'm especially looking forward to player power progression being much more time considerate than previous expansions - especially with the Steam Autumn sale reportedly landing today The BG changes, a lot of the class changes, new dungeon & raid content... It's gonna be a good time.

I'm cautiously optimistic for Shadowlands as a whole, which is the absolute polar opposite of how I was after the BfA beta & just a few weeks of that expansion going live, so hey! Good times ahead for all, hopefully!

Well, this is interesting:

https://www.wowhead.com/news=319365/...tion-imbalance

It reminds me of how they approached the level squish - at first it was a hard "no", then "yeah, we see that there is a problem, but it would suck to lose a bunch of your levels" and then we got it, and... the sky didn't break (oh, wait), people didn't whine too much about it and right now most are probably used to being level 50.

I think the same will happen with cross-faction play. Blizzard will eventually add it to the game, some people will be unhappy, but most will just be happy that it's easier to find groups and that they can play the faction they like without worrying about population.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post

https://www.wowhead.com/news=319365/...tion-imbalance

It reminds me of how they approached the level squish - at first it was a hard "no", then "yeah, we see that there is a problem, but it would suck to lose a bunch of your levels" and then we got it, and... the sky didn't break (oh, wait), people didn't whine too much about it and right now most are probably used to being level 50.

I think the same will happen with cross-faction play. Blizzard will eventually add it to the game, some people will be unhappy, but most will just be happy that it's easier to find groups and that they can play the faction they like without worrying about population.
    If the trend keeps continuing the community will solve it for them, but there being no organised PvE left on Alliance (outside of Oceania where apparently the trend is reversed).
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    Frankly, the only thing i don't like about it is his bullshit excuse. For how integral it supposedly is, it's odd how players are apparently the only ones that can't go and cooperate when the fecal matter hits the air stirrer. Again. Unless it's PvP, then all you need to do is wear a mask and nobody will bat an eye.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, faction imbalance is self solving problem. Soon there is no Alliance left.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    If the trend keeps continuing the community will solve it for them, but there being no organised PvE left on Alliance (outside of Oceania where apparently the trend is reversed).
    It's only a matter of time before they won't have any other choice if they want both factions to be able to participate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Yeah, faction imbalance is self solving problem. Soon there is no Alliance left.
    That's not really solving the issue, just rendering it irrelevant.

7+ Year Old Account
    Reminder to update all your addons today as you won't be able to till December.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's not really solving the issue, just rendering it irrelevant.
    Either way, it won't be a problem anymore.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Reminder to update all your addons today as you won't be able to till December.
    First, somewhere I heard overshit is delaying they maintenance for different week, but don't quote me on this. Second, wowupio won't be working?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    First, somewhere I heard overshit is delaying they maintenance for different week, but don't quote me on this. Second, wowupio won't be working?
    From what i understand, wowup gets the addons from curse, no?
    But then, what do i know as a mere IT noob.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2020-11-23 at 11:00 AM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    From what i understand, wowup gets the addons from curse?

But then, what do i know as a mere IT noob.
    Oh yeah, I red more about this, they won't be able to update addons at all on curse. But this got delayed, update won't be available between 30th November and around 3rd December.

7+ Year Old Account
    For some random fun:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ery_last_care/
    Let's go to the maw, everybody!

Come on jaina, come on Thrall
    Let's go to the maw, you won't be sorry
    Put on your legendaries
    And your cool covenant coat
    In the maw, having fun is what it's all about

I haven't done my weekly's yet (That's OK)
    And you know how my guild officers get (Whatever)
    I don't care 'cause all my friends are gonna be there

Everybody come and play
    Throw every last Soul away
    Let's go to the Maw, today!

There's this Eternal I like
    Met him at the food court
    He's got hair like Mudmug
    And he does jumps on his skateboard
    I hope he asks me out
    Take me to my favorite spot
    It'll be just him and me (But don't forget the millions of damned souls)
    Today, today, toda-ay, toda-ay
    Let's go to the Maw (Today)
    Let's go to the Ma-a-aw (Toda-ay)
    Let's go to the Ma-a-aw (Toda-ay)
    Let's go to the Ma-a-aW (Toda-ay)

Formerly known as Arafal

Less than 12 hours remaining. This day is flying by surprisingly quickly.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Less than 12 hours remaining. This day is flying by surprisingly quickly.
    I'm about an hour or two from going to bed, having woken up at 19:10 yesterday to watch the football. It's all lining up pretty perfect for me - I just hope I can sleep

Funniest thing is I was never planning on going full-on with the early tryhard leveling, but I sort of just fell into a near-perfect schedule a few days back, so decided to just stick with it lol.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Timer on front page is on, Shadowlands in 10 hours, I finish work in one hour and I'm exhausted as hell. So far so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Timer on front page is on, Shadowlands in 10 hours, I finish work in one hour and I'm exhausted as hell. So far so good.
    Well, that gives you 9h to get to a bed and sleep.

It was nice knowing you all. See you in 1.5 years from now!!
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the only bittersweet parts of leaving BFA behind is this thread ending. Until the next one!

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems I am damned, suddendly my wow files are corrupted, verification does not work ... Love it xD