15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It is confirmed. It was in an interview earlier this year, all "magical" beings go to their associated realm on death unless they're already there. That's why Demons go to the Nether. Only Mortals go to the Shadowlands to start a new "life".
    But we know that isn't 100% true since Revendreth has a presence of Light in the emberward. The Ardenwealde also has demi-gods that can be reborn and is Nature themed. There may be rules that work like that for most of the cases but it isn't playing out that way in the story.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But we know that isn't 100% true since Revendreth has a presence of Light in the emberward. The Ardenwealde also has demi-gods that can be reborn and is Nature themed. There may be rules that work like that for most of the cases but it isn't playing out that way in the story.
    Isn't the Ember Ward the result of some sort of attack by the Light? Not because of Light souls send to Revendreth by the Arbiter.

Pretty sure there is a mention of something like that during the Revendreth quests.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

7+ Year Old Account
    They honestly need to increase the spawn time for the wrath of the jailer bosses.

They despawn before you can make a proper group to down them.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2020-11-26 at 06:13 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Isn't the Ember Ward the result of some sort of attack by the Light? Not because of Light souls send to Revendreth by the Arbiter. Pretty sure there is a mention of something like that during the Revendreth quests.
    Maybe. The quests said the light "broke through" if I remember correctly. Not sure if it is a spoiler but You rescue a Naaru from one of the dungeons and they are housed in Dawnkeep in the emberward. It doesn't say if they are dead or were captured alive. As the brokers also have Naaru captured.

I think the light is going to a big plot point and integral to the jailers plans but maybe I'm wrong. I wonder if the winter queen saying "my sister's pet" referred to Elune or Eonar.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Hilarious, i can't enter Sinfall to help a friend with the leveling campaign despite party sync being on.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Is there a reason why the sky in Maldraxxus randomly turns dark?
    Rain of souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Its literaly Danuser taking a piss.
    Jesus, talk about rent free.

Maybe. The quests said the light "broke through" if I remember correctly. Not sure if it is a spoiler but You rescue a Naaru from one of the dungeons and they are housed in Dawnkeep in the emberward. It doesn't say if they are dead or were captured alive. As the brokers also have Naaru captured.

I think the light is going to a big plot point and integral to the jailers plans but maybe I'm wrong. I wonder if the winter queen saying "my sister's pet" referred to Elune or Eonar.
    There was an explicit line in the questing (don't remember where) that said that the ward was from when "the Light retaliated".

Maybe. The quests said the light "broke through" if I remember correctly.
    There's no maybe about it. It was a straight-up attack on Revendreth. It's not the only attack by the Light on the Shadowlands, either, nor is the Light the only force to attack them.

Mortals are the only ones to go there naturally upon death. Everybody else can still go there, but it takes deliberate effort on their part.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Mortals are the only ones to go there naturally upon death. Everybody else can still go there, but it takes deliberate effort on their part.
    That part is not true at least. Aren't the wild gods immortal? Yet they are stated to go to the Ardenweald to await rebirth or final death as is the case with Ursoc. The arbiter is to over ride the natural state of the souls and sort them where they belong (or where the "system" thinks they do). Some can be sorted again like in Revendreth. Some like the Drust don't seem to because they are cursed to be outside the cycle.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2020-11-27 at 04:16 AM.

Has anyone mentioned how on Horde you go to Oribos with Maldraxxus anima (and decorations) and on Alliance you go there with Kyrian anima (and decorations)?

Just saying.

This is quite possibly the most fun I've had on an expansion launch in a good ten years. The fact that so little content is required to max out character progression makes me actually want to play the game more, not less So I've been doing all the optional stuff I can get my hands on besides leveling an alt, which is surely next on the agenda.

Where is 9.1 discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    This is quite possibly the most fun I've had on an expansion launch in a good ten years. The fact that so little content is required to max out character progression makes me actually want to play the game more, not less So I've been doing all the optional stuff I can get my hands on besides leveling an alt, which is surely next on the agenda.
    Yes, the lack of grinds feels really good. I want to do a bunch more dungeons to gear up but other then that I could go and level a second (farm) character without costing progress on my main.

#freedom.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

That part is not true at least. Aren't the wild gods immortal? Yet they are stated to go to the Ardenweald to await rebirth or final death as is the case with Ursoc. The arbiter is to over ride the natural state of the souls and sort them where they belong (or where the "system" thinks they do). Some can be sorted again like in Revendreth. Some like the Drust don't seem to because they are cursed to be outside the cycle.
    Technically, no, that's why the whole Ardenweald business exists in the first place. They die, then reincarnate, and as can be seen in Ardenweald this requires deliberate effort, or they'd just die and stay dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    We don't know what happens to Titans when they die, the Pantheon was never killed by Sargeras, only defeated.
    Norgannon used his magic to preserve the Pantheon's Titan souls and they all found hiding places across the universe. Some of the Titan soul shards landed on Azeroth and fused with some Titan Keepers.
    Elunaria was the planet Eonar was hiding on, but its not the realm she goes to when she dies - Elunaria isn't a realm and Eonar isn't dead.

Argus is the first and only Titan who is dead for real (aside from the unborn Titan Sargeras killed) and we don't know what happened to him. Whether Titans even go to an 'Order realm' when they die isn't confirmed at all, whether a realm like that even exists is still speculation at this point too. All we have to go on is that Aluneth is from a dimension of pure Arcane.
    Well there's a Taliesen interview that they do ask what happens when a Titan dies, and they do point out that the Titans have their own afterlife, just like demons.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Yes, the lack of grinds feels really good. I want to do a bunch more dungeons to gear up but other then that I could go and level a second (farm) character without costing progress on my main.

#freedom.
    the funny think is ive heard more people complaining about not having to grind than people happy to be free.

2020 man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    the funny think is ive heard more people complaining about not having to grind than people happy to be free.

2020 man.
    Well they can still go back to BFA dailies for the money. The old World-Quests have not been nerfed, still get the full amount of Gold.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post

2020 man.
    i can actually do stuff and not get behind im so happy

7+ Year Old Account
    Gotta say, I just hit lvl 60 but expansion looks/feels great, and first time since WotLK (I think) made me excited about story development.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Well there's a Taliesen interview that they do ask what happens when a Titan dies, and they do point out that the Titans have their own afterlife, just like demons.
    Hmm, funny. Because some of these guys in the last zone I already forgot the name of again looked suspiciously like dreadlords...