Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I wonder about the rewards from M+ tho, outside of the vault there seems very little incentive to do M+ as a pug. Not getting an item 3/4 of the time and then having to hope its something you can actually use feels bad for the effort you have to put in.
    I assume Blizzzard intends the incentive to M+ to be lessened honestly, now that the weekly reward doesnt just give something from dungeons but also raids.

A weekly M+ run is not at all needed, especially for the raiders that will now want to just raid instead.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I assume Blizzzard intends the incentive to M+ to be lessened honestly, now that the weekly reward doesnt just give something from dungeons but also raids.

A weekly M+ run is not at all needed, especially for the raiders that will now want to just raid instead.
    I think there is room between M+ being the primary means of gearing a character in max ilvl (obv wrong) and getting practically nothing from them. Especially for the lower M+ that gives loot worse then normal raids.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't trust at all the brokers and Ven'ari ... imo they'll betray us in the future, maybe they are the "Jailer's eyes"

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Im yet another confused soul not capable of understanding the Great vault.

On the one hand the game tells me this:

On the other this:

What is it now?
    Guess the Great Vault shall forever stay an unsolvable enigma.

Also, Newcomer chat is the most wholesome chat in the history of wow.
    The item level of the reward in the M+ tier is based on the lowest possible key for the tier.

The first slot only needs one run, so it takes the highest key you did (AKA lowest key in top 1 runs). The second slot takes 4 runs to unlock and gives reward based on lowest keystone among your top 4 runs. Last slot takes 10 runs to unlock and gives item based on lowest key among your top 10 runs.

It is done like this to prevent you from doing one M14 to unlock highest level reward and then spamming 9 M2s for quick and easy maxing of the vault.

I think there is room between M+ being the primary means of gearing a character in max ilvl (obv wrong) and getting practically nothing from them. Especially for the lower M+ that gives loot worse then normal raids.
    The run itself gives gear lower than normal, the reasoning being that you can do it infinitely, however the gear you get from the weekly is essentially a tier higher.

I feel this is a decent compromise solution.

The run itself gives gear lower than normal, the reasoning being that you can do it infinitely, however the gear you get from the weekly is essentially a tier higher.

I feel this is a decent compromise solution.
    I have no problem with the item level that M+ drops.
    My issue is doing a run for 1/6th of an item feels garbage for the effort it takes.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    I don't trust at all the brokers and Ven'ari ... imo they'll betray us in the future, maybe they are the "Jailer's eyes"
    Not even Bwonamdi himself trusts them. That's saying something
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    For spies they are getting fucked by him pretty hard in the Maw. And of course they are shady, they are basically Ethereals 2.0, and Venari has super obvious ulterior motives.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    For spies they are getting fucked by him pretty hard in the Maw. And of course they are shady, they are basically Ethereals 2.0, and Venari has super obvious ulterior motives.
    I could see Ve'nari being allied with the Jailer, it would certainly explain why she has such a seemingly easy tiem avoiding his minions, as well as why the other brokers who are clearly against the Jailer are so distrustful of her.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the connection to the ethereals is intentional and the realm-hopping Brokers have void origins. I wouldnt be surprised if they are the hint for the next expac or something. They must fall into one of the cosmic forces, and they repeatedly state they are not from death.

7+ Year Old Account
    I could see Ve'nari being allied with the Jailer, it would certainly explain why she has such a seemingly easy tiem avoiding his minions, as well as why the other brokers who are clearly against the Jailer are so distrustful of her.
    Again, she helps us to much and sends us to kill his minions so I really doubt it. She has ez time hiding, because us players need a safe refuge and a friendly face (?) in the Maw.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-12-11 at 07:08 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I have no problem with the item level that M+ drops.
    My issue is doing a run for 1/6th of an item feels garbage for the effort it takes.
    I mean, sure, its the same with raids though.

Only 3 items per boss isn't amazing either. Thats 30 items per full clear which is not a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I mean, sure, its the same with raids though.

Only 3 items per boss isn't amazing either. Thats 30 items per full clear which is not a lot.
    indeed. I thought it was the normal 1 per 5 still.3 per 20 is such a random number.

indeed. I thought it was the normal 1 per 5 still.3 per 20 is such a random number.
    Probably gotten from making the drop chance lower from 25% chance per person to 12.5% per person, then rounding up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably gotten from making the drop chance lower from 25% chance per person to 12.5% per person, then rounding up.
    Should of kept bonus rolls in. While it would still feel bad, sometimes the lack of a drop can really burn you.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Should of kept bonus rolls in. While it would still feel bad, sometimes the lack of a drop can really burn you.
    While it would be nice to have a bonus roll for when there is a specific item you really want, whether for power or transmog, it is also true that the bonus roll was the cause of just as many, if not more disappointments than simply not having it.

With the bonus roll you had 2 different chances per boss kill to be massively disappointed, now you just have one. Not to mention that what was possibly even worse was getting something wit hte bonus roll, and then for that something ot not be what you wanted.

It's a 40% reduction. Not really all that random.

While it would be nice to have a bonus roll for when there is a specific item you really want, whether for power or transmog, it is also true that the bonus roll was the cause of just as many, if not more disappointments than simply not having it.

With the bonus roll you had 2 different chances per boss kill to be massively disappointed, now you just have one. Not to mention that what was possibly even worse was getting something wit hte bonus roll, and then for that something ot not be what you wanted.
    Yeah, bonus rolls were not a "woot Item" but more of a "wow, it wasn't worthless". I think the vault having 3 choices is a decent alternative to bonus rolls.

Yeah, bonus rolls were not a "woot Item" but more of a "wow, it wasn't worthless". I think the vault having 3 choices is a decent alternative to bonus rolls.
    I guess the effect on gameplay is functionally the same too anyways. With bonus rolls oyu might run more dungeons or raid bosses than normal to spend bonus rolls, now you just run more dungeons and raid bosses than usual to have more chances at gear, the only real difference is that you no longer farm something that will likely only give you gear if you get lucky with the bonus roll, not to mention not having to search for the same dungeon or raid boss several times in a row.

- - - Updated - - -

So is this thread going to stay as the main general discussion thread, or is a different one being made? Cannot quite remember, and I am too lazy to check.

They wanted Anduin when they saw his Light powers. It has to be linked to this. Something about needing Light to go somewhere/do something.
    It must have something to do with Anduin wielding the Light, they did seem to put extra emphasis on him being able to channel it even in the Maw.
    Why are you so focused on Anduin? While he shielded us while we escaped via the Waystone, the thing that even made the Jailor show up was the Adventurer activating the Waystone.

That's what the Jailor wants, to get out of the Maw - while he broke his physical chains that were seen in promo art and the "TV spot" trailer, something likely still ties him to the Maw, so he can't get out, unlike the Mawsworn (and I don't think it's as simple as having wings)
    Say, for whatever lore reason, he can only leave via the Waystone, but he cannot use it.

He knows he can lure us back using the other prisoners we had to leave behind (not to mention the countless souls unjustly thrown into the Maw) and while Sylvanas is trying to break and/or turn Anduin anyway, the Jailor might piggyback inside Anduin, to get out of the Maw - something the Adventurer might not even realize for a while, until e.g. a 8.2 reveal.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.