Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    For all but the Sylvar it is confirmed that the rank and file are the souls of mortals, given new form, and I have at least seen nothing that would contradict the same assumption for the Sylvar.
    Sylvar aren't. It's explained in the Night Fae introduction that mortal souls get to choose a soul shape, i.e. one of those semi-translucent blue animal forms that are used for the Signature ability. Most don't seem to have any significant job in Ardenweald, either, though there are exceptions like Aliothe.

It's a bit notable that Night Fae are the only Covenant so far that isn't primarily made up of former mortals.

Snip
    Beyond any specifics -which while fun speculation, can be fraught- I do really like the idea that instead of new AR we instead race change into them. It allows for further customization for players without perhaps affecting the lore as new races would.

I mean we could have NPC's like, let's say, other souls that chose to return to the world of the living in their Covenant forms, but all from the perspective these are individuals rather than new races trying to establish a culture and society, you know? So a Kul Tiran that returns to Azeroth on a Kyrian body would probably return to Boralus instead that all the souls that return to Azeroth forming a "Kyrian" faction.

3+ Year Old Account
    -Snip-
    Would Night Fae Druids get a Tree of Life form that looks like the Treants in Ardenweald?

Also I think a recolored Nightborne cat would be a good Night Fae Cat form
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Would Night Fae Druids get a Tree of Life form that looks like the Treants in Ardenweald?
    The Tirnenn? Now that would be an idea... sadly, can't think of existing NPCs for every Form and Covenant...
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

So I can safely assume most here give 0 fucks about spoilers

The new torghast scene has the jailer and Sylvanas talk about Anduin. I’m guessing next week is the fancy cutscene.

In this cutscene they discuss using him. They talk about how strong he is when he tries....soooo the jailer isn’t specifically interested in him??? He just calls Anduin his weapon because he’s a normal person??? No special plans???

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    So I can safely assume most here give 0 fucks about spoilers

The new torghast scene has the jailer and Sylvanas talk about Anduin. I’m guessing next week is the fancy cutscene.

In this cutscene they discuss using him. They talk about how strong he is when he tries....soooo the jailer isn’t specifically interested in him??? He just calls Anduin his weapon because he’s a normal person??? No special plans???
    The Jailer talks about turning Anduin, for what reason we do not know, but the easy assumption si that it is because Anduin can channel the light in the Maw which is likely exceptional (players being able ot do the same is most likely just to be disregarded.)

- - - Updated - - -

As for all the talks of Shadowlands ARs. I have come to realize that partinioning the different zones into different factions really wouldnt work, at best one might be able to make an argument for Kyrians being Alliance because of all the similarities, but even then the bigger problem that would quickly show up is that noone wants to be loyal to a specific covenant and then not be able ot play as them.

Currently I play Necrolord on my Human Hunter. I quite enjoy playing as them and I enjoy helping Mograine and having a swell time fighitng, yet if we go by 2 ARs for both factions then Necrolord is likely to go to Horde.
    This isnt even a case like Nightborne in Legion, in that one you were never obliged to pick the faction that you enjoyed the most and identified with only to have it go to the other faction and for you to be stuck with the choice you didnt want.

What is to happen to dedicated Kyrian Horde players if Kyrians become Alliance? Are we just to assume that the developers did not intend Horde playewrs to choose Kyrian? Because that is certainly the idea that the game presents.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The Jailer talks about turning Anduin, for what reason we do not know, but the easy assumption si that it is because Anduin can channel the light in the Maw which is likely exceptional (players being able ot do the same is most likely just to be disregarded.)

- - - Updated - - -

As for all the talks of Shadowlands ARs. I have come to realize that partinioning the different zones into different factions really wouldnt work, at best one might be able to make an argument for Kyrians being Alliance because of all the similarities, but even then the bigger problem that would quickly show up is that noone wants to be loyal to a specific covenant and then not be able ot play as them.

Currently I play Necrolord on my Human Hunter. I quite enjoy playing as them and I enjoy helping Mograine and having a swell time fighitng, yet if we go by 2 ARs for both factions then Necrolord is likely to go to Horde.
    This isnt even a case like Nightborne in Legion, in that one you were never obliged to pick the faction that you enjoyed the most and identified with only to have it go to the other faction and for you to be stuck with the choice you didnt want.

What is to happen to dedicated Kyrian Horde players if Kyrians become Alliance? Are we just to assume that the developers did not intend Horde playewrs to choose Kyrian? Because that is certainly the idea that the game presents.
    i assumed horde would get necro and venthyr due to the lore characters within them while alliance would get fae and kyrian howeverr its always possible they are going to introduce neutral versions

Venthyr campaign seemingly bugged for anyone else? "Use My Strengths" doesn't seem to work at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Venthyr campaign seemingly bugged for anyone else? "Use My Strengths" doesn't seem to work at all.
    Didn't run into any significant issues other than it being relatively easy to kill the 4 Stoneborn without getting the followup quest.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Didn't run into any significant issues other than it being relatively easy to kill the 4 Stoneborn without getting the followup quest.
    Weird. I'm stuck on this part... Unless I'm completely missing something >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Weird. I'm stuck on this part... Unless I'm completely missing something >.<

[IMG]
    Possible that she gets stuck if somebody doesn't properly finish the encounter. IIRC Kael stuns her at half health or so, then the Accuser shows up and sends her off.

Ardenweald really does just have hte most depressing stories doesnt it? The general dark tone of the levelling story, and now the Bastion story "Vessel of Ardenweald".

Ardenweald really does just have hte most depressing stories doesnt it? The general dark tone of the levelling story, and now the Bastion story "Vessel of Ardenweald".
    I hate the night fae

But it has the funniest line of dialogue in the entire game.

"Someone wants a staaabbing!"
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Still unsure on how I feel about the loot changes. Doing 10/10HC & looting nothing but a shield for my off spec is kinda crazy I get that they want to push more value to the great vault so the gap between the nerds & the casuals is never too big, but still, it'd be nice to get at least one upgrade from a full clear when like half of my gear can be upgraded in heroic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Some of the quest design is... really something.
    I just spend about 40 minutes collecting 50 individual pieces of bulging bug intestines for the Ardenweald campaign.

Such meaningful and fun gameplay.
    The Pinnacle of immersive quest design.

Formerly known as Arafal

3+ Year Old Account
    It has Bwonsamdi so that's all what matters for me <3
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

New year, new posibilities, new chances at being dead wrong on predictions...

I guess the first and best prediction might be when our next livestream is going to be? Or rather if there will be one before Blizzconline.

New year, new posibilities, new chances at being dead wrong on predictions...

I guess the first and best prediction might be when our next livestream is going to be? Or rather if there will be one before Blizzconline.
    there might be one in a few weeks where they give the 9.1 preview and maybe it hits prepatch then at blizzconline they deep dive into all the content going into it and beyond

Hey guys did you know Anduin isn’t important to the jailer?? Yeah he’s just another mortal ya know.

I love blizzard writing lol they do something that they think “nobody will expect this” when they give it away 5 minutes into the expansion