Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Speaking of the weekly changes I really appreciate the nerf to the Tyrannical affix from 40% to 30% extra boss health. Now hopefully we just get it nerfed even more. I somehow doubt the change will be enough to make me actually actively seek out M+ on Tyrannical weeks.
    I always preferred Tyrannical for weeklies. Unless your group blasts, you have to play boss mechanics right all the time anyway, but at least on Tyrannical weeks you can kinda mind-afk the trash a lot more.

The HP nerf is very appreciated, though! Nothing worse than a fight that's not all that difficult but takes ages because of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    I always preferred Tyrannical for weeklies. Unless your group blasts, you have to play boss mechanics right all the time anyway, but at least on Tyrannical weeks you can kinda mind-afk the trash a lot more.

The HP nerf is very appreciated, though! Nothing worse than a fight that's not all that difficult but takes ages because of reasons.
    While it is nice to get to appreciate the boss mechanics instead of just blasting past them, I do think it is fairly unquestionable that Tyrannical was a massive step up in difficulty compared to Fortified.

Maybe one day Blizzard will really get the hang of the affixes. The spiteful affix for instance could have been a really neat addition if it was just a regular mob that needed to be tanked after each add. Or if Bolstering was removed completely...
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    While it is nice to get to appreciate the boss mechanics instead of just blasting past them, I do think it is fairly unquestionable that Tyrannical was a massive step up in difficulty compared to Fortified.

Maybe one day Blizzard will really get the hang of the affixes. The spiteful affix for instance could have been a really neat addition if it was just a regular mob that needed to be tanked after each add. Or if Bolstering was removed completely...
    Bolstering is just anti-fun, I agree. We need more kiss/curse affixes like Prideful. Maybe if bolstered mobs took increased damage while dealing increased damage that'd be fun It'd lead to some amazing cheese, too!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm looking forward to the inevitable 10.0 general discussion thread coming this spring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time gating has always existed in wow and mmos. /dropmic
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    As someone with rather good memory it's really funny to read what community has to say about SL after honeymoon is over and we are in "sky is falling" constant drama again. Literally most complains I see (loot and Torghast) are things that were praised by people like Preach/Asmongold, no one cares about things like Covenant choice/disbalance or soulbinds that were regular "problems" during Beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I'm looking forward to the inevitable 10.0 general discussion thread coming this spring.
    Waaay too soon. It usually started in summer and pandemic shifted things. I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzcon will stay in February and we will have reveal year from now.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone with rather good memory it's really funny to read what community has to say about SL after honeymoon is over and we are in "sky is falling" constant drama again. Literally most complains I see (loot and Torghast) are things that were praised by people like Preach/Asmongold, no one cares about things like Covenant choice/disbalance or soulbinds that were regular "problems" during Beta.

Something something about the grind, timegating yadda yadda. Also SL hasn't been out for....very much at all. Not even 3 months yet.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

3+ Year Old Account
    I get the gearing problem is shitty at times but, I just got my alt Covenant set up to 184 Ilvl and 184 weapon from Campaign.

Something that was not easily done with alts in the past. Especially during the beginning of expansion.

As far as alts go it’s pretty damn friendly after the Torghast changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    I get the gearing problem is shitty at times but, I just got my alt Covenant set up to 184 Ilvl and 184 weapon from Campaign.

Something that was not easily done with alts in the past. Especially during the beginning of expansion.

As far as alts go it’s pretty damn friendly after the Torghast changes.
    It is absolute pain in the ass above the covenant armor level.

I haven't seen an item drop from raid or dungeons in 3 weeks.

Going to take a brief shot at reviving this thread now that 9.0.5 is on the PTR.

Anything anyone would like to see from it beyond what we already have?
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Avowed rep past Honoured from Halls of Atonement.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Completely random thinking out loud moment.

Switch the "renown" system to "paragon levels". Add a paragon level bar to the UI and a paragon level number next to the 60. This level is either account wide or grants a "rested bonus" to alts that you can clearly see when hovering your mouse over the bar. Ie, "You will earn paragon levels 50% quicker". The bar is filled up by doing any task in game that would normally grant XP were you not capped. The available levels open up over time.

When each expansion releases the paragon level is reset just like your level 60 is reset down to 50. You then fill up the bar again just like you would gain levels. The system itself never changes and is never renamed but the rewards it offers change with the expansion theme etc.

During one of the Ysera's nightmare quests in Ardenweald, there is a dragon called "Azeroth's Demise".
    Who is this dragon? Some people on Discord suggested it is Galakrond.

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    During one of the Ysera's nightmare quests in Ardenweald, there is a dragon called "Azeroth's Demise".
    Who is this dragon? Some people on Discord suggested it is Galakrond.
    Isn't that one using the Cata Deathwing model? I think the Galakrond one is just a Protodragon named deadly enemy or something like that, as she was far more primal back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    It is absolute pain in the ass above the covenant armor level.

I haven't seen an item drop from raid or dungeons in 3 weeks.
    And you still might not with the upcoming change because it's balanced around the raid not selfish people who just look at "me,me,me" and declare the loot system is bad. In previous expansions raiding with a guild I had gone a couple months at times without getting an upgrade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    And you still might not with the upcoming change because it's balanced around the raid not selfish people who just look at "me,me,me" and declare the loot system is bad. In previous expansions raiding with a guild I had gone a couple months at times without getting an upgrade.
    If for some reason loot doesn't drop after several boss downs.. something is up. Its not exactly nice to just get anima after 5 boss fights. Also you used your own ancedote to combat someone else's..thats not really helping either. I get it having to get geared over time but I think the scarcity of loot is a bit extreme at least at the start of SL.

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    If for some reason loot doesn't drop after several boss downs.. something is up. Its not exactly nice to just get anima after 5 boss fights.
    cant talk bad about blizz cus they are doing something to fix this problem...which they created themselves....and the fix is just reversing what they did...but not entirely

the sarcasm in the beginning of the statement might not have been too obvious so just in case it wasnt we should absolutely not thank blizz for giving us a cake for years then taking it away and giving us the cake back but without the frosting

the loot drop rate buff brings it back to what it was before SL the only difference now being we dont have bonus rolls which we were told at blizzcon would be in and interact with the vault but they decided to cut them because blizzard is stupid when it comes to changing stuff for the sake of change

every screw up they have made has been eventually solved but with a half baked solution that is still needlessly complicated

the cache in bfa being changed weeks before launch thus fucking over people looking for azerite gear
    fixed in 8.1 but requires currency that is gated
    azerite neck grind to unlock new traits
    no new rings after 8.1 instead replaced by an essence system that still required farming
    essences not being account wide
    bring in "account wide" unlocks requiring a currency that you are gated on
    corruption not targetable
    you can buy specific ones but they are on a weekly rotation and require the same currency as the essences and the cloak upgrades

equal gearing for m+ as for pvp and raiding so m+ doesnt feel meaningless?
    you can upgrade the gear you get after the patch but it requires a currency and you have to unlock the ability to upgrade it
    normal raid gear ilvl requires +5
    heroic raid gear ilvl requires +10
    heroic sire ilvl requires +15
    this wouldnt be bad if it was do one dungeon but no they want you to get keystone master in order to be able to get 220

10+ Year Old Account
    the sarcasm in the beginning of the statement might not have been too obvious so just in case it wasnt we should absolutely not thank blizz for giving us a cake for years then taking it away and giving us the cake back but without the frosting
    This just feels like you just want an excuse to complain. Yeah they shouldn't of reduced the drop rate but whats done is done. Saying "They shouldn't be praised" is asinine. They responded instead of the common whine these days is "THEY IGNORE US."

I know you were being sarcastic but honestly it seems like passive aggressive snark.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2021-02-14 at 03:58 AM.

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    So it appears that HD Stormwind textures have appeared in 9.0.5. https://twitter.com/MrGMYT/status/1359278843530461187

Few more images on his twitter. They dont seem that high res but those might be low res images of high res textures. So we looking at just a Stormwind Revamp, or more clues of a world revamp?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    If for some reason loot doesn't drop after several boss downs.. something is up. Its not exactly nice to just get anima after 5 boss fights. Also you used your own ancedote to combat someone else's..thats not really helping either. I get it having to get geared over time but I think the scarcity of loot is a bit extreme at least at the start of SL.
    If no loot drops, yes. If loot doesn't drop for one person in particular, that's just RNG. There's no guarantee for loot after x kills for individual players. People are also likely to vastly overstate how commonplace rare events are.(or, for that matter, underestimate how common common ones are)