Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I suggest tweeting @WarcraftDevs and asking them to check it. You have a 0.4% chance of them doing it, and a 0.07% chance of them responding, but that's better than the 0% chance posting here.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Ok mate, great to hear some theoretical statements, how many 1% raid mounts have you yourself successsfuly acquired? Or people you know? Do you know of anyone who had 1000 attempts on a raid mount before getting it? No, 1 in 10k does not happen for those mounts. 400+ is already a crazy high count of attempts and most people get them way lower than that. 700+ territory is way past the usual.
    some 1% mounts you get ahead of the curve, some you get behind the curve. but you tend to forget the ones you got after just a few kills and you tend to remember the ones that took forever. ofc 700 is "way past the usual", but not much more unusual than getting it on your first few kills.

friend of mine recently did ~700 kills for one of the ZG mounts. he got really mad about it too.
    i got both ToT mounts in one run, thats a 1 in 10k chance.
    seen someone get needy and greedy acheivement at the same time once, thats another 1 in 10k.
    know a bunch of people who got both thunderfury bindings in one run, and some who got 3 in 2 clears.
    some of the titanforge + socket + tertiary items you see nowadays are probably also not far from 1 in 10k chance to proc like that too.
    how many of those rustfeather mounts have you seen already? pretty rare drop yet you see them frequently.

if you farm a lot of mounts, you are going to be unlucky on a few of them. for me its the blazing drake, tried that several times for a few months with a save share and no luck.

but if you really have data on hundreds of people, just tell them to all make tickets about it at the same time, then it'll get escalated up the chain for sure, and someone higher up can spend 5 minutes looking at the actual droprates to see if its normal or not.
    Last edited by horbindr; 2019-08-01 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I suggest tweeting @WarcraftDevs and asking them to check it. You have a 0.4% chance of them doing it, and a 0.07% chance of them responding, but that's better than the 0% chance posting here.
    Also posted on the official forums, hoping that actually has a chance of getting somewhere. Making bug reports and gm tickets regularly, but thanks - the more reports the better, and this is also why I'm posting it here, for people who care to try and make a small difference themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by horbindr View Post
    ofc 700 is "way past the usual", but not much more unusual than getting it on your first few kills.
    Yes, it is much more unusual.

i got both ToT mounts in one run, thats a 1 in 10k chance.
    I actually got both of these on a pretty low attempt count too. Who knows, maybe the drop chance is higher for those?

know a bunch of people who got both thunderfury bindings in one run, and some who got 3 in 2 clears.
    That's a non-mount, 1 per character item drop, not pertinent to the discussion.

some of the titanforge + socket + tertiary items you see nowadays are probably also not far from 1 in 10k chance to proc like that too.
    Yes, and do you see many of those? I don't. And no one is really trying for those on purpose, also not a mount, and also not something you can try with hundreds of alts for. Not pertinent.

how many of those rustfeather mounts have you seen already? pretty rare drop yet you see them frequently.
    Rustfeather is too new to draw any conclusions, but yeah, the drop rate does seem to be below 1% based on wowhead drop rates. I myself have acquired Rustfeather mount on attempt 114th and Harvester mount on attempt #142, but there's not much public data yet, so I won't make any conclusions. Also, many of the mounts you see might be the rewards from Mecha-Done, not Rustfeather.

if you farm a lot of mounts, you are going to be unlucky on a few of them. for me its the blazing drake, tried that several times for a few months with a save share and no luck.
    Yes, I've been unlucky many times myself. But being unlucky for a 1% mount means making 300-400 attempts, not 800+. The latter, especially when experienced by many people, is a clear information that something is not working correctly.

but if you really have data on hundreds of people, just tell them to all make tickets about it at the same time, then it'll get escalated up the chain for sure, and someone higher up can spend 5 minutes looking at the actual droprates to see if its normal or not.
    Doing my best to try to make people act. We all know that people aren't that motivated to actually report stuff themselves, they prefer others doing that work.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2019-08-01 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Yes, I've been unlucky many times myself. But being unlucky for a 1% mount means making 300-400 attempts, not 800+. The latter, especially when experienced by many people, is a clear information that something is not working correctly.
    The law of large numbers cuts both ways. Theoretically you can get it on the first try, but someone else could try a near infinite amount of times and not get it. The only way to be sure is to ask someone that has the ability to check. Make a forum thread on the actual forums instead of here. Coming on a fan forum and arguing with everyone that disagrees with you without considering their point is mental masturbation.

No, he's absolutely right, the more people that know about it the more likely it'll get fixed, if it is indeed broken. His time here isn't completely wasted. Just mostly wasted.

Farmed most of my mounts in Panda/WoD period, like LK, Alar, Onyxia etc. Skipped Legion and came back to farming them in BFA,I stopped after my 200+ Yogg kill and 60+ Dragon Soul, missing one drake for achi xd.

Id rather do a BG/LFR/Dungeon

Old legacy bosses should drop a coin on each kill that you could eventually spend to buy them That would be nice
    Last edited by Xemioza; 2019-08-01 at 01:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    im in the same boat as u but im only farming him on 6 toons per week...

probability=/=posibility,1% is always 1%,you could get it 5 times in a row if your lucky or never in 10.000,math is hard i know

Been farming him forever, 7 toons a week. My attempts number in the 300s.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    probability=/=posibility,1% is always 1%,you could get it 5 times in a row if your lucky or never in 10.000,math is hard i know
    Oh look it's one of those people who have no idea what they're talking about again. Read the thread, then try again.

Thanks for doing this, OP. Been farming the mount aswell and I started to think it's a bit weird and that something might be off, heard about it being possibly bugged few months back but don't remember there being any concrete evidence so I didn't pay much attention to it. Hopefully they'll look into it.

Actually after 700 tries the probability of you NOT getting it is almost 0% if I remember my Probability classes correctly.

Got all my raid mounts when they were current.
    Being offended is cool and trendy now, don't be a sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by Xemioza View Post
    Farmed most of my mounts in Panda/WoD period, like LK, Alar, Onyxia etc. Skipped Legion and came back to farming them in BFA,I stopped after my 200+ Yogg kill and 60+ Dragon Soul, missing one drake for achi xd.

Id rather do a BG/LFR/Dungeon

Old legacy bosses should drop a coin on each kill that you could eventually spend to buy them That would be nice
    Nothing wrong with some rng, as long as it works as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    im in the same boat as u but im only farming him on 6 toons per week...
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Been farming him forever, 7 toons a week. My attempts number in the 300s.
    Good luck!

Yeah whatever mate. I'm not a mathematician by profession, I farm mounts all day every day though, and I know a broken drop chance when I see one Also, this is happening to many people, not just me, as evidenced in the thread. Seems reading is not one of your strongest points, but that's ok, we all excel at something, your forte seems to be shitposting.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWDontu View Post
    Got all my raid mounts when they were current.
    Good for you

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    Most of the players that farm mounts do it with several twinks a week. Doing 15 and more id's on the same boss per week isn't unusual
    Can confirm, I farm most of my dungeon and raid mounts on 10-14 characters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by guisadop View Post
    Actually after 700 tries the probability of you NOT getting it is almost 0% if I remember my Probability classes correctly.
    Seeing as how there is no bad luck protection, while theoretically true, in practice it's different. It's 1% for it to drop on every try, so while in 750 tries or whatever your chance of it dropping in one of the tries would be 97% that doesn't mean that the dropchance increased to 97%.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Just to throw my 2 cents in real fast, I got one to drop week of 8.2, and had another drop yesterday. I've been grinding transmogs and happened upon another. People in my guild have gotten regularly over the course of this entire expansion.

As has been pointed out, this mount is not, and probably never has been, bugged for dropping. It's simply people trying to make themselves feel better about not seeing a drop. "It must be broken!" Not only that, I understand that people can have 300+ kills across multiple characters, but every time I've asked for proof, the average person ends up showing me around ~60 kills between statistics of all their characters. Now, obviously, OP could be an exception and actually has 300+ kills, but all other claims haven't been near that amount. My wife used to farm mounts from dungeons/raids for me on my account and did nothing else. Using all my characters, she almost never broke 60 kills on a boss without seeing the mount, except Ashes of Al'ar, which I'm up to 137 kills on now, but that doesn't mean it's broken, it means I have terrible luck for that specific mount.

My Ashes of Al'ar is your Ironhoof Destroyer.

I'm thinking it's bugged as well.

The thing is that Ironhoof needs to be compared to other previously 100% Mythic drop mounts. Compared to the green infernal and love rocket one wouldn't consider any mount 'bugged'.
    Parkinson's machine took me 50ish, Ur'zul 138 tho I've seen it drop for others at attempts 106 and 114. Red infernal also seen multiple drops after the first 100 runs in BfA, and I still don't have it.

I suppose my point is that mounts from the same catagory seem to drop just fine, except Ironhoof, which I'm on 276 attempts atm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    Now, obviously, OP could be an exception and actually has 300+ kills, but all other claims haven't been near that amount.
    Except there have, if you bothered to read the blizzard forum post and multiple posts in this thread.

Fix the green mount from Gul'dan while at it. That sucker is like 1/2000 drop chance. Someone put the . at the wrong spot on that one.
    Living Infernal Core - https://www.wowhead.com/item=137574/...-infernal-core

Shackled Urzul from Argus is also "broken". It's clearly not 1/100 or 1/200, Its more ilke 1/1000 or 1/2000 based on the amount of drops I've seen in ~300 runs with ~20 people I've endured. In those 20 runs I've seen 3 drops. Thats 3 out of around 6000 total attempts.

My personal mount-bane at the moment is Heavenly Onyx from Sha of Anger.
    I'm above 3500 attempts now incl coin rolls on my huge horde of alts.
    I have Nalak, Galleon, Oondasta and Rukhmar. But Sha of Anger refuse to give in and let me have it.
    Last edited by Nelle; 2019-08-01 at 08:46 AM.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    As has been pointed out, this mount is not, and probably never has been, bugged for dropping.
    And you know this how? Uncle in Blizzard? Newsflash: there has been a similar case confirmed and fixed as a bug lately (Azure/Blue Drake).

And no, it has not been "pointed out". Most people understand the situation here because it's a forum section frequented by collectors. There's a couple people who have no idea whose posts were 100% debunked though, maybe you mean those

I understand that people can have 300+ kills across multiple characters, but every time I've asked for proof, the average person ends up showing me around ~60 kills between statistics of all their characters. Now, obviously, OP could be an exception and actually has 300+ kills, but all other claims haven't been near that amount.
    I am currently at 630 attempts tracked in-game by Rarity. These numbers are not high to reach by any means. WoD is now 2 expansions back, you could already solo this raid with a poorly geared 110, now with 120 it's a cakewalk. As for other people...I linked a wowhead page in the OP, people are posting their attempt counts...sure they could all be lying and this could all be a conpiracy...or it could just be a bug caused by personal loot introduction to legacy loot. But I guess according to you it's impossible for it to be a bug, despite the exact same one being confirmed and fixed for Malygos lately.

My wife used to farm mounts from dungeons/raids for me on my account and did nothing else. Using all my characters, she almost never broke 60 kills on a boss without seeing the mount, except Ashes of Al'ar, which I'm up to 137 kills on now, but that doesn't mean it's broken, it means I have terrible luck for that specific mount.
    137 kills is a good number, but it's nothing exceptional. I'm not surprised you haven't received a 1% mount at that attempt count, it's fairly common. And no, your Alar is not my Ironhoof Destroyer, I have 4 times the attempts you do, and there's a legion of people on wowhead with even higher counts. You have no idea what a dry streak means.

Overall, your expertise in this area seems to be very limited. All that puzzles me is how you are so sure there is no bug. Certianly not because of your experience with mount farming (cause it's very poor) and certainly not because there have never been similar cases (because there have been, literally 3 days ago).
    Last edited by Azerate; 2019-08-01 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    Shackled Urzul from Argus is also "broken". It's clearly not 1/100 or 1/200, Its more ilke 1/1000 or 1/2000 based on the amount of drops I've seen in ~300 runs with ~20 people I've endured. In those 20 runs I've seen 3 drops. Thats 3 out of around 6000 total attempts.
    It's not broken. It is 1/100, but because you run it with 20 people it makes it a 1/2000 chance to drop for you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    Fix the green mount from Gul'dan while at it. That sucker is like 1/2000 drop chance. Someone put the . at the wrong spot on that one.
    Living Infernal Core - https://www.wowhead.com/item=137574/...-infernal-core

My personal mount-bane at the moment is Heavenly Onyx from Sha of Anger.
    I'm above 3500 attempts now incl coin rolls on my huge horde of alts.
    I have Nalak, Galleon, Oondasta and Rukhmar. But Sha of Anger refuse to give in and let me have it.
    It's not a 1/100 chance for it to drop per person, it's 1/100 to drop at all and then it gets decided on for which of the players it drops
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread