View Poll Results: The requirements...

Voters
176. You may not vote on this poll
  • were overdone

    86 48.86%
  • were appropriate enough

    78 44.32%
  • weren't hard enough!

    12 6.82%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
  1. #101
    I actually thought Rockweed Shambler would be the hardest by far because a friend spent maybe 20 hours farming algans in the first week and he told me horror stories, but I've killed it a good 4-5 times by now and honestly it's not THAT bad. Considering you can force it to spawn by killing algans you can actively work on getting him to spawn. Packfather took me a long time because even though I've killed Packmother maybe 20 times I never saw him spawn until quite recently. One of the hydras was my last and I would say they're quite rough because the 3 of them share spawn timer and the timer itself seems random (between 90-120 mins) and there's no specific order either so you can get the same hydra twice in a row. Deepglider seems quite rare too, guess I got lucky there since I got that kill in first or second week.

  2. #102
    Happy crab week to those who are wrapping up the meta with the last bit of Periodic Destruction this reset.

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I actually thought Rockweed Shambler would be the hardest by far because a friend spent maybe 20 hours farming algans in the first week and he told me horror stories, but I've killed it a good 4-5 times by now and honestly it's not THAT bad. Considering you can force it to spawn by killing algans you can actively work on getting him to spawn. Packfather took me a long time because even though I've killed Packmother maybe 20 times I never saw him spawn until quite recently. One of the hydras was my last and I would say they're quite rough because the 3 of them share spawn timer and the timer itself seems random (between 90-120 mins) and there's no specific order either so you can get the same hydra twice in a row. Deepglider seems quite rare too, guess I got lucky there since I got that kill in first or second week.
    Same I expected the shambler to be the issue but the packfather took weeks to get spawned. But worse was the damn easy green runelocked chest. I somehow missed the one other time it was up so just finally finished that up last night. Still have to wait till next week though for my crab mount as I screwed up the labratory the second week of the patch and accidentally picked the same option a second time.

  4. #104
    Banned textz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    friendly, friendly
    Posts
    22
    Naz doesnt have any RNG requirements, the bag achievement isnt required too, so its ok.

  5. #105
    God forbid the WoW devs give you something to work toward over the several months the patch is current. If you've finished all but periodic destruction, all you need to do is go back there for 5 minutes every week. And the bigger bag achievement is not required for anything. It only serves as a collector's log for content from this patch so you can easily track it all.

  6. #106
    I am Murloc! Kyphael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,670
    I'm not even sure what the requirements are, I haven't looked them up, but I saw "time gating" and it's an immediate turn off. Is it harder than Ratstallion? To put it in perspective, I haven't been a PVP player since like, at least Cataclysm. I was never hardcore, but I was semi-deidcated. I would do daily battlegrounds, collect honor points, collect gladiator sets, and one time or another even did arena, winning a couple. That was before my WoD break.

    Haven't PVP'ed since Legion. Found out abotu Ratstallion. I took my ass down to Dalaran Sewers and didn't come back up until I had Ratstallion. Ratstallion may not seem that difficult, but farming 20 thousand Sightless Eyes in a PVP contested zone is no joke. My point is... if it's something I REALLY want, I'll put in the time and do the grind, don't care how long it takes. Thankfully a giant crab doesn't look appealing to me, so I don't care, but if the requirements were easier than say Ratstallion, I'd do it for the fun of it.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    Same I expected the shambler to be the issue but the packfather took weeks to get spawned. But worse was the damn easy green runelocked chest. I somehow missed the one other time it was up so just finally finished that up last night. Still have to wait till next week though for my crab mount as I screwed up the labratory the second week of the patch and accidentally picked the same option a second time.
    Yeah there was a lot of people that just had no idea that he was so easy to spawn by just killing packmother under the pavilion. So they just camped waiting for something just wasn't going to organically spawn.

  8. #108
    Just got my crab (EU). I like how it buries into the ground and them jumps out again.
    Don't see myself using it a lot though except for some posing.

    P.s. The underwater animations are utterly disappointing though.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2019-09-18 at 05:14 PM.

  9. #109
    i have done every single periodic destruction quest weekly starting the first day of the patch. For some reason im missing one. I checked the guide on wowhead, did the correct bosses, no duo's. Im still missing one. the fuck is this shit ? waiting for a responce to my ticket now, but i have a suspicion what the answer gonna be. "sorry, we are incompentent and can't help you"

  10. #110
    High Overlord GhostlyBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Posts
    150
    Still 5 levels to go on the 3rd follower so I'll be late to the party. Well at least I know I will get it soon, something I cannot say with certainty for the Mechagon meta achiev where I'm still missing the damn orange paint, which I've been farming since day 1.

  11. #111
    Got it today! Will probably use it a bit now at the start for showing off but the fact it moves sideways as to where your character is facing is both unique but also a bit weird.

  12. #112
    Well, I have collected many things in WoD and Legion, but I just cannot collect the motivation required for similar things in BfA. Training my little dinosaur into a mount was at least fun. But getting the crab mount, the mount from Mechagon meta or farming low drop chance expedition mounts just disgusts me for some reason. Did not want to start with the hivemind-mount, either - the thought of needing a 5-man-group was a bit repulsive. I don't mind grouping up with a buddy or two for such things, but that's it.
    All of that seems too much.

  13. #113
    To infinity and beyond det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    33,103
    Quote Originally Posted by textz View Post
    Naz doesnt have any RNG requirements, the bag achievement isnt required too, so its ok.
    Meh...the different rune puzzles /easy /medium / hard, are a bit RNG, but I got there. Also the way some rares spawn / are spawned seems RNG-ish...or at least annoying. But I still have a long way to go anyhow, easily two months worth of doing follower dailies.

    Finishing Mechagon atm....bloody blueprints and Vinyls....

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by scubi666stacy View Post
    Well, I have collected many things in WoD and Legion, but I just cannot collect the motivation required for similar things in BfA. Training my little dinosaur into a mount was at least fun. But getting the crab mount, the mount from Mechagon meta or farming low drop chance expedition mounts just disgusts me for some reason. Did not want to start with the hivemind-mount, either - the thought of needing a 5-man-group was a bit repulsive. I don't mind grouping up with a buddy or two for such things, but that's it.
    All of that seems too much.
    I actually felt at the time the patch dropped that it was way too much content for one patch. Not just 1 daily hub but 2! I remember on launch day and the following weeks I actually felt burnt out to the point where too much content was feeling like a massive negative. I could easily spend 10 hours in both Mecha and Nazjatar and still feel I didn't get much done towards the achievements. Luckily as things have calmed down and I finished Nazjatar (outside the bigger bag one but its not required), and i'm just about to hit 70 on my neck, even though Mecha is still a RNG nightmare at least having other grinds done, it doesn't feel as bad to me.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    Yeah there was a lot of people that just had no idea that he was so easy to spawn by just killing packmother under the pavilion. So they just camped waiting for something just wasn't going to organically spawn.
    This is simply not true.

    Also I guess I missed 2 weeks of Periodic, at the start I didn't really know wtf I was doing. Oh well, 5 mins a week, I can handle that.
    Last edited by Zyrinx; 2019-09-19 at 03:17 PM.

  16. #116
    I worked on Mecha-done first (need 3 items now: orange color, emergency repair blueprint and musical track from data anomaly), I found out about the crab after, because I simply forgot it exists. So, one week ago I started working for it. I only need now the periodic destruction, puzzle performer and aqua team murder force achievs (about 2 months left). I can objectively say the Undersea Usurper is much easier than Mecha-done, because there are few RNG factors (Packfather and the scale matriarchs; rockweed can be killed with a raid group farming algans)

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    Yeah there was a lot of people that just had no idea that he was so easy to spawn by just killing packmother under the pavilion. So they just camped waiting for something just wasn't going to organically spawn.
    I've seen Packfather spawn 4x. And each time Packmother was killed right where she spawns.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •