Poll: The requirements...

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Crab Mount Requirements

How do you feel about the requirements for this mount? Do you think they overdid it? Felt it was appropriate? Or should have made it take longer?

Basically do you want this level of time and effort being the standard for any zone metas going forward?

I can say to anybody with the mount, you know they put in the effort it and it'll be relatively rare. And it gives you something to do even if you're fairly casual. But is the time-gating and all the requirements too much?

Edit: Just to clarify, I shouldn't have used the word "hard", but more like "should have required even more time and effort"

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I'm at a point with the game that I don't want to put in that much effort for a ground mount with flying enabled, but it is cool how rare it's going to be (counterargument: island rarity isn't cool but that's RNG). Though should it be exceedingly rare if they're going to announce it at Blizzcon as a big thing to look forward in 8.2? They announced something that might be more rare than the number of players that raid mythic TEP, and everybody was all up in arms cheering about it. Of course they didn't know that at the time. Still, overall I'd say I'm alright with what they did here, but this is just an uninformed opinion of somebody who hasn't put in the time in for it. I don't want to see extreme time-gating going forward. (like the bodyguard one)
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2019-08-01 at 12:32 AM.

Yeah nobody has it yet afaik. I have a feeling a lot of people here will be okay with it since it's the achievement board after all. I'm definitely mixed on it. The bodyguard requirement was the biggest turnoff for me. Doing that elemental thing once a week for 13 weeks isn't all that bad.

Well, I think Mecha-Done is "harder". It requires several rare drops, or rare thing from a rare event/mob/daily, like stuff for Junkyard Architect, Available in Eight Colors, Outside Influences, Junkyard Melomaniac. Even blueprint from paragon box. Ouch.

Undersea Usurper at least looks deterministic. Only the mount from Mrrl seems "random". Oh, okay, Puzzle Performer is a b!tch but it's a passive b!tch, not active like a random drop. If every requirement for Puzzle Performer pops up while we farm the Mardivas lab or the padawan xp, then all is good in my book.

It's a longer goal, but definetly more "go and do it" than "maybe get it someday? if you're lucky?".

Edit: oh, and of course most if not all of the achieves required for mecha-done are not account wide. Not even the whole completed sub-achieve.
    Last edited by Lei; 2019-08-01 at 09:52 AM.

I've been fairly diligent with my follower dailies in Nazjatar as well as trying to kill the 4 rares that drop bark whenever possible and checking the murloc for bonus experience items, and I'm only slightly past the halfway point. I'm fine with this achievement though, because I can actually feel the progress as my followers grow stronger.

The entirely time-gated summons in Mardivas' cave though is a different story. There's really no reason for that to be on a weekly lockout. And I'm also not a fan of the bejeweled achievement being essentially completely RNG reliant as it could potentially take longer to spawn the correct world quests than killing every Mardivas summon.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

I don't think it's that big of a deal. Yeah, it is a bit longer than usual to get it, but most of the time consuming stuff gets completed in the first month, which also coincides with doing the content when it's fresh, gearing up, collecting benthic etc.

After that, all you have left pretty much are those Mardivas Puzzles, and Followers. Mardiva thing is 3 minutes a week, followers are like 10 minutes a day (3x exp daily). It's somewhat timegated, but does not require that much of a time investment per day

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    I've been fairly diligent with my follower dailies in Nazjatar as well as trying to kill the 4 rares that drop bark whenever possible and checking the murloc for bonus experience items, and I'm only slightly past the halfway point. I'm fine with this achievement though, because I can actually feel the progress as my followers grow stronger.

The entirely time-gated summons in Mardivas' cave though is a different story. There's really no reason for that to be on a weekly lockout. And I'm also not a fan of the bejeweled achievement being essentially completely RNG reliant as it could potentially take longer to spawn the correct world quests than killing every Mardivas summon.
    Well, if you've been doing the Puzzle Performer since day 1, then you only miss 3? by now - on EU at least: Hard Green, Easy blue, and Medium green. Or less, I think I've missed a day and this is my progress. And my second padawan is level 14. Third padawan is level 5.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post

If you are talking about this achievemnt: https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=...-to-the-depths
    That is for the zone event I think, not for the Mardivas weekly quest. Don't know if his cave quest is part of anything else tho, seems to me like it's just easy 500 rep each week
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's alright imo except for tying certain elements of the metas to temporary lottery WQs and rares within rares - timegate all you want but that is a bullshit house move.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Well, if you've been doing the Puzzle Performer since day 1, then you only miss 3? by now - on EU at least: Hard Green, Easy blue, and Medium green. Or less, I think I've missed a day and this is my progress. And my second padawan is level 14. Third padawan is level 5.
    I'm a bit further ahead with followers but my progress is otherwise identical on Puzzle Performer. Doesn't mean I'm not dissatisfied with the RNG nature of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    If you are talking about this achievemnt: https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=...-to-the-depths
    That is for the zone event I think, not for the Mardivas weekly quest. Don't know if his cave quest is part of anything else tho, seems to me like it's just easy 500 rep each week
    One of the requirements of Undersea Usurper is Periodic Destruction where you need to kill every single unique summon from Mardivas' cave. You can only summon 1 every week so it's gonna take at least 13 weeks. For some people that will take longer than leveling every follower to 30.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Well, I think Mecha-Done is "harder". It requires several rare drops, or rare thing from a rare event/mob/daily, like stuff for Junkyard Architect, Available in Eight Colors, Outside Influences, Junkyard Melomaniac. Even blueprint from paragon box. Ouch.

Undersea Usurper at least looks deterministic. Only the mount from Mrrl seems "random". Oh, okay, Puzzle Performer is a b!tch but it's a passive b!tch, not active like a random drop. If every requirement for Puzzle Performer pops up while we farm the Mardivas lab or the padawan xp, then all is good in my book.

It's a longer goal, but definetly more "go and do it" than "maybe get it someday? if you're lucky?".

Edit: oh, and of course most if not all of the achieves required for mecha-done are not account wide. Not even the whole completed sub-achieve.
    While it's true that Mecha-Done requires multiple RNG based item drops, you will realistically get all of them far quicker than the Nazjatar meta will take. Or at least it seems that way now - personally I'm still missing the annoying gramophone tune or whatever.

Periodic destruction is just stupid without a way to kill more than 1 weekly. Aqua team murder force should have been account wide. Other stuff was fine (and enjoyable).

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    While it's true that Mecha-Done requires multiple RNG based item drops, you will realistically get all of them far quicker than the Nazjatar meta will take. Or at least it seems that way now - personally I'm still missing the annoying gramophone tune or whatever.
    We will see, but after 1 month of everyday kill I'm still missing the Orange paint, which probably has a very low chance to drop from Crazed Trogg, and a higher drop chance from Fungarian furor, but that is not available every day. Not to mention the paragon box plan drop (Microbot XD)...
    Outside Influences I'm still missing Taking The Air Out, which was available ONCE in one month, because it requires a rare daily to be up, but not a subdaily (Waste Not) to be up with it... I'm still missing Deck 'Em, because I didn't know that if you turn in the daily (Time for Heroics) before talking to this another npc first, the other npc won't offer this quest after you turned in that quest. Idiotic. So While Nazjatar seems a long steady grind, Mechagon is more of a miss a day (like I did with the Taking the air out thing) and you're set back up to weeks of waiting around situation. And of course you have to do the new dungeon not once but twice (get essence rank 1 -> then essence rank 2 plan).
    Last edited by Lei; 2019-08-01 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    Periodic destruction is just stupid without a way to kill more than 1 weekly. Aqua team murder force should have been account wide. Other stuff was fine (and enjoyable).
    Absolutely right. If Aqua Team was account-wide it would have been fine.

Periodic destruction doesn't bother me much, because it only takes 10 minutes per week. Aqua Team is 3 quests, every single day, for 90 days straight. It's a huge grind.

It's basically just going to be a symbol of "did you actively play during 8.2 or no" in the end.

Because the grind is probably not worth it to many players if they skip it. But the make it or break it is gonna be Aqua Team Murder Force I imagine, since it requires effort past getting exalted with the rep on a daily basis and some might just throw in the towel saying that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It's basically just going to be a symbol of "did you actively play during 8.2 or no" in the end.

Because the grind is probably not worth it to many players if they skip it. But the make it or break it is gonna be Aqua Team Murder Force I imagine, since it requires effort past getting exalted with the rep on a daily basis and some might just throw in the towel saying that's enough.
    Funny thing is: you don't even get rep for the padawan xp quests. Zero, nada, zilch. That's weird...

10+ Year Old Account
    The crab isnt really hard to get, just time consuming. Overall mechadone is definitly harder.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

7+ Year Old Account
    Mechadon is a lot more RNG based while the crab is more time consuming

Personally I think that aqua team murder force should not be in the meta as it takes a long ass time to get

Funny thing is: you don't even get rep for the padawan xp quests. Zero, nada, zilch. That's weird...
    Every time they get a level though you get 250 rep, or roughly around that amount. So doing all 3 a day nets you that much extra rep.

Yes, that's right. That's 83.3 rep per bodyguard quest, which is more than most of the dailies giving 50 or 75.

Honestly, I would have put the Rusted version of the bicycle, and a different mount (maybe a blue crab?) for a lesser half-way achievement, and then the main mounts for this achievement.

IMO, they overkilled the achievement to the point that it just doesn't feel like the juice is worth the squeeze. I'd imagine there's already a drop-off in people doing the content as they CBA to keep doing this, even for a pretty mount (for the mechagon one especially, there's a mob-drop version of the mount anyway).

If they had a midway point achievement that seemed more reasonable, people could work towards that, and then from there the full proper achievement might seem more in reach.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!