Poll: The requirements...

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only missing the 3 bodyguards at lvl 30, and the Mardivas one ofc (I failed one week )

Finally got the stupid Packfather and the medium Red puzzle, so it's just 5 total bodyguard levels then the weekly.

Apart from the timegating I think it's good. Mechagon requiring all those rare drops is too much, given not all rares are up every day.

I prefer this system to just random mount drops from mobs, though, and I'd be pretty interested if each zone in the future - including the leveling zone for each expansion - had similar achievements with a mount reward.

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    Have you tried dragging and killing her on his spawn spot? I know it sounds stupid but I saw that on wowhead and it actually worked for me.
    It sounds and is stupid yeah. Where you kill the packmother has no bearing on the packfather.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Strange, ive killed this rare many times. The ones im not getting is One of the hydras and the Tidelord aquatius or whatshisface. Watched the entire season 1-3 of stranger things waiting for hydra rare, only to get the ones i already had, the last two i need. But for some strange reason. I still don't have the puzzle performer, even tho i haven't missed a single day. i need the medium green
    Simply by being in the zone there is a high chance you will find some of the rarer elites by chance. For this reason it's pretty hard to make an objective statement, but I would daresay that Rockweed Shambler is indeed the hardest, with Packfather being the second - because you have to actively farm it with low chance of success.

If I were to make a list of elites that are hardest to find for that achievement it would go like this (and it's not the order I killed them in exactly btw):

1. Shambler
    2. Packfather
    3. Deepglider
    4. Scale Matriarchs
    5. Tidelords and Lady something (requires killing summoning mobs from what I remember)

As for the puzzle performer - some puzzle WQs pop up later during the day. If you're only doing the dailies you get in the morning, you might be missing quite a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Xu Sheng View Post
    Only missing the 3 bodyguards at lvl 30, and the Mardivas one ofc (I failed one week )
    Same! I'm also 1 week behind on Mardivas.

I've killed Deepglider probably dozens of times, Packfather only once, and the Shambler twice. Tidelords are never up unless someone is forcing them to spawn, but they weren't too difficult to get, just serverhop, kill the 3 summoners, if it doesn't pop do it again.

If you're having trouble on Mardivas and don't have a tank spec just use one of the totems you loot in the zone, it summons a pet that helps out.

Last bodyguard at 30 today (lol bodyguard. Rather the opposite with their sea giant always pulling everything in the vicinity through his retarded aoe). Three more weeks of Mardivas and it's over
    Kinda wish I'd started that on release day before the weekly reset, but well.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2019-08-29 at 05:58 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Got today last puzzle performer (easy orange). Only bodyguards and Mardivas left for meta achiev.

I'm also really close to finishing Nazjatar 100%, beside meta I need only Fabious, 4 farmable items from random boss, toy from rare and some Paragon box stuff.

I don't think it's bad at all honestly. Sure you have the 2 time-gated ones (all followers to 30 and kill all the unique monsters in laboratory) but the rest of the achievements are not bad at all, especially considering the "loot unique items from mobs" isn't part of the meta. The only one that took me some time was the rare one, got it yesterday with one of the hydras being my last. Sure a few of the rares are a bit more rare than the rest but considering 2 other achievements are timegated i'm sure most people will get the rare achievement before they get the time gated ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Finally got the stupid Packfather and the medium Red puzzle, so it's just 5 total bodyguard levels then the weekly.
    The lazer beam puzzle`? Its so bad, hated it. Packfather, the hydras, shabmler and deepglider seems be the worst once for all, but this puzzle is evil.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    The lazer beam puzzle`? Its so bad, hated it. Packfather, the hydras, shabmler and deepglider seems be the worst once for all, but this puzzle is evil.
    Yeah those took some doing, for sure.

Basically look for the red flashes and time your shots based on those, it def. gets really hard in the last few seconds. If you have latency, you're going to be in trouble :/

The hardest one took me maybe 5 tries. I can definitely see them being impossible with slow internet though.

Early grats to all future owners of crabs

I actually thought Rockweed Shambler would be the hardest by far because a friend spent maybe 20 hours farming algans in the first week and he told me horror stories, but I've killed it a good 4-5 times by now and honestly it's not THAT bad. Considering you can force it to spawn by killing algans you can actively work on getting him to spawn. Packfather took me a long time because even though I've killed Packmother maybe 20 times I never saw him spawn until quite recently. One of the hydras was my last and I would say they're quite rough because the 3 of them share spawn timer and the timer itself seems random (between 90-120 mins) and there's no specific order either so you can get the same hydra twice in a row. Deepglider seems quite rare too, guess I got lucky there since I got that kill in first or second week.

Happy crab week to those who are wrapping up the meta with the last bit of Periodic Destruction this reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I actually thought Rockweed Shambler would be the hardest by far because a friend spent maybe 20 hours farming algans in the first week and he told me horror stories, but I've killed it a good 4-5 times by now and honestly it's not THAT bad. Considering you can force it to spawn by killing algans you can actively work on getting him to spawn. Packfather took me a long time because even though I've killed Packmother maybe 20 times I never saw him spawn until quite recently. One of the hydras was my last and I would say they're quite rough because the 3 of them share spawn timer and the timer itself seems random (between 90-120 mins) and there's no specific order either so you can get the same hydra twice in a row. Deepglider seems quite rare too, guess I got lucky there since I got that kill in first or second week.
    Same I expected the shambler to be the issue but the packfather took weeks to get spawned. But worse was the damn easy green runelocked chest. I somehow missed the one other time it was up so just finally finished that up last night. Still have to wait till next week though for my crab mount as I screwed up the labratory the second week of the patch and accidentally picked the same option a second time.

3+ Year Old Account
    Naz doesnt have any RNG requirements, the bag achievement isnt required too, so its ok.

God forbid the WoW devs give you something to work toward over the several months the patch is current. If you've finished all but periodic destruction, all you need to do is go back there for 5 minutes every week. And the bigger bag achievement is not required for anything. It only serves as a collector's log for content from this patch so you can easily track it all.

I'm not even sure what the requirements are, I haven't looked them up, but I saw "time gating" and it's an immediate turn off. Is it harder than Ratstallion? To put it in perspective, I haven't been a PVP player since like, at least Cataclysm. I was never hardcore, but I was semi-deidcated. I would do daily battlegrounds, collect honor points, collect gladiator sets, and one time or another even did arena, winning a couple. That was before my WoD break.

Haven't PVP'ed since Legion. Found out abotu Ratstallion. I took my ass down to Dalaran Sewers and didn't come back up until I had Ratstallion. Ratstallion may not seem that difficult, but farming 20 thousand Sightless Eyes in a PVP contested zone is no joke. My point is... if it's something I REALLY want, I'll put in the time and do the grind, don't care how long it takes. Thankfully a giant crab doesn't look appealing to me, so I don't care, but if the requirements were easier than say Ratstallion, I'd do it for the fun of it.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    Same I expected the shambler to be the issue but the packfather took weeks to get spawned. But worse was the damn easy green runelocked chest. I somehow missed the one other time it was up so just finally finished that up last night. Still have to wait till next week though for my crab mount as I screwed up the labratory the second week of the patch and accidentally picked the same option a second time.
    Yeah there was a lot of people that just had no idea that he was so easy to spawn by just killing packmother under the pavilion. So they just camped waiting for something just wasn't going to organically spawn.

Just got my crab (EU). I like how it buries into the ground and them jumps out again.
    Don't see myself using it a lot though except for some posing.

P.s. The underwater animations are utterly disappointing though.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2019-09-18 at 05:14 PM.