Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Personally I think the Goblins look way better than their old models. They now have a sinister gleam in their eye. Mix that with those big toothy grins and they’re pretty nasty looking. Very in-character for them, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    Personally I think the Goblins look way better than their old models. They now have a sinister gleam in their eye. Mix that with those big toothy grins and they’re pretty nasty looking. Very in-character for them, imo.
    I feel like they're a bit less menacing since they have less of a brow ridge for their new faces and they look less gaunt.

They could fix that with face posing, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Im dissapointed they dont gave them tails.

Even the hunched running animation would look more natural with a tailm to balance it.

Currently im on a verge of facepalm when this stupid thing trip...
    Worgen have never had tails and furries have to stop pushing tails on worgen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    New models look considerably worse. Less lean and mean. More fluffy and cute. Downgrade.
    You mean humanoid wolves are no longer permasnarling and instead have a more sensible facial expression when standing around? Perish the thought. Also, there's nothing intimidating about a demonic chihuahua other than the fact that it looks like an atrocity of nature.

Goblin models are the same. Eyes are too big and friendly and lips are massive. Removed most of the cuts and scars that made their faces full of character. Downgrade.
    Not a downgrade, but I at least get where you are coming from here. The older models looked more mean for the males. A more prominent and overhanging brow, more wrinkles around the face, cheeks more gaunt. Mind you, most of those could be fixed with the right faceposing alone, so it's not doom and gloom yet. Goblin females are great.

I don't remember asking them for new models. If someone did, I say never, ever ask Blizz to redo something. They nearly always make it worse.
    You didn't need to ask. The Goblin and Worgen models were objectively outdated and needed to be brought up to the level of literally every other race in the game.

New models look considerably worse. Less lean and mean. More fluffy and cute. Downgrade.
    Yes. But it's still better than the old though honestly anything look better than that rabid chihuahua.
    Quoting myself:I was expecting a more fierce look, specially on female worgen. Those eyes are still creepy. I was hoping some muzzle customization with option show/hide teeth. Femworg looks better but only because they got rid of that ugly snarl. It still does not look fierce enough imo. I still hope for some changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    i like them and a lot of people here seem to like them as well so i suppose you only talk for yourself.
    I also find them no intimidating at all.
    Quoting myself:I was expecting a more fierce look, specially on female worgen. Those eyes are still creepy. I was hoping some muzzle customization with option show/hide teeth. Femworg looks better but only because they got rid of that ugly snarl. It still does not look fierce enough imo. I still hope for some changes.

A lot of people here don't. I lot of people on their official forums don't either.
    Exactly.

Im dissapointed they dont gave them tails.

Even the hunched running animation would look more natural with a tailm to balance it.

Currently im on a verge of facepalm when this stupid thing trip...
    Worgen never had tails but it's true that running wild animation is artocious and need an urgent change.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    and those are the same people whose "opinion" Blizzard first listened to, which gave us the abomination that is the live version of the Worgen. The new models are closer to the alpha versions, which was Blizzard's original vision of what the worgen should be (minus the more human-like hair styles). The new models are a vast improvement.

People have been asking for new/updated models for worgen since the abominations were first shown during the Cataclysm beta. I don't know of any that were clamoring for new goblin models. Why? Because the goblins actually looked good, unlike the shitshow that was the worgen. Goblins barely changed because they were of great quality to begin with.
    It's not our fault Blizzard understood "rabid chihuahua" instead of "proper fierce worgen female counterpart". It's not that hard to look at the male for reference tbh. And there were a lot of detailed feedback posted mainly on the "Add alpha worgen as customization" thread and other Blizzard forum posts... Sadly, it seems they just read the first impresions without reading the other more extense feedback...
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!

Well, with more than a month gone by and still no major changes, my original criticisms of the new model still stand. The ears are slightly too low on the head (lower even than the beta model, which was one of the major contributing factors to her chihuahua-ish look, besides the skull shape) and the eyes are a little overlarge. Also I would've liked the body and arms to be a bit more thick so she had a more beastlike look, but that's more of a personal critique that I've always had about the female worgen in general.

Overall though, it's an improvement. The snout was fixed and for those who like the snarl, she still does it during her animations and running wild. They actually did a pretty good job with her expressions. The improved run is great for both genders.

They did do ONE fix, to the shoulder positioning (prior to this they were tilted slightly downwards and unfortunately clipped into the arms on several models), but they didn't scale them down whatsoever. Now they all also look like they're floating on top of that (as if they didn't already enough before). The shoulders are just...enormous, even by Blizzard standards. I know you don't have to display shoulders anymore in WoW, but there's still virtually no shoulders that look good on her due to the size and amount of clipping that's always been present in the model. If they were just scaled down a small percent, they'd probably look great.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Gear still looks like trash on them with hunchback so who cares?

7+ Year Old Account
    The male eye glowing and the female eye not glowing still pisses me off, its annoying and they should have fixed by now, putting one option of non glowing eyes don't help much, the male worgen should have at lest 2 more skin/fur color, completely black like the females and white, the rest is a improvement thats for sure.

Looks like they spend all their time in the worgens, cause the goblins barely have a improvement, and the female face look like was done after the male face, it rly strange

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

Eh, werewolves in crinos form from Werewolf: The Apocalypse are my inspiration.

something like

But sure, furries, whatever.

Female Worgen no longer have the faces of a chihuahua whose owner beat it in the head with a shovel each day. And they lost their dogshit snarl. That alone makes the new models a colossal upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

I feel like they're a bit less menacing since they have less of a brow ridge for their new faces and they look less gaunt.

They could fix that with face posing, though.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean humanoid wolves are no longer permasnarling and instead have a more sensible facial expression when standing around? Perish the thought. Also, there's nothing intimidating about a demonic chihuahua other than the fact that it looks like an atrocity of nature.

Not a downgrade, but I at least get where you are coming from here. The older models looked more mean for the males. A more prominent and overhanging brow, more wrinkles around the face, cheeks more gaunt. Mind you, most of those could be fixed with the right faceposing alone, so it's not doom and gloom yet. Goblin females are great.

You didn't need to ask. The Goblin and Worgen models were objectively outdated and needed to be brought up to the level of literally every other race in the game.
    Your opinions are your own. I am not going to critique opinions because they are subjective.

As for Worgen, no that is NOT what I am referring to. If you had taken a slightly less combative attitude I would explain. As it is I feel like you only want to argue and not have constructive discussion.

And stop using objectively in instances where it doesn't belong. Just because you believe something is overwhelmingly true doesn't make it so.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionwoman View Post
    Yes. But it's still better than the old though honestly anything look better than that rabid chihuahua.

I'm more referring to the male models. I was hoping for something closer to Son of Arugal classic WoW style and they went the complete opposite. Nothing scary about these guys. I wanted terrifying and they put a chew toy in their mouth

I really wish female worgen and males had the same eyes....
    I will NEVER role a female worgen because of their anime eyes. I LOVE anime, but I don't like anime eyes on worgen

And stop using objectively in instances where it doesn't belong. Just because you believe something is overwhelmingly true doesn't make it so.
    The Cataclysm Worgen and Goblin models are objectively outdated on a technical level.

There, repeated it so that you could see it better.

The Cataclysm Worgen and Goblin models are objectively outdated on a technical level.

There, repeated it so that you could see it better.
    The new ones also are. Hell, on technical level the entire wow is outdated like hell in terms of graphics

I could not see differences between old gobo and new gobo models...

Looks a lot better than they were. Good work Bliz.

The new ones also are. Hell, on technical level the entire wow is outdated like hell in terms of graphics

I could not see differences between old gobo and new gobo models...
    Well, sure, you could make that argument, but I'm more so talking about player model quality in WoW itself.

It was more so to mean that the texture resolution, polygon count and amount of bones as well as the fluidity of anims (mainly facial) are lesser compared to the new models, which are supposed to be roughly equal to the WoD era model updates. C:

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I finally saw this.

... I'm not a fan of the redone eyes and noses. They don't look feral, stylized like the originals. I hope it's not final! Please give us an option for the original eyes and nose!
    But...the old model didn't look stylized or feral either, it looked like a crack-cocaine addicted, severely cockeyed chihuahua with the worst, permanent asthmatic wheeze-snarl ever. xD At least the females. Male looks allright.

Massive improvements on all fronts. It seems like they slightly tweaked the females eyes to look less cute than the preview images and more neutral/intimidating. Plus I love that both male and female have glowing/non glowing options.

here was the original concept, note the eyes being wider, bright, and unintimidating.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    But...the old model didn't look stylized or feral either, it looked like a crack-cocaine addicted, severely cockeyed chihuahua with the worst, permanent asthmatic wheeze-snarl ever. xD At least the females. Male looks allright.
    I don't know what you're talking about they were clearly perfect and beautiful.

Part of me wishes they'd taken this opportunity to separate the eye colors from the faces and given several glowing eye colors as well as non-glowing eye colors for both female and male worgen.

And maybe also reflected the glow slightly in the human model.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I finally saw this.

... I'm not a fan of the redone eyes and noses. They don't look feral, stylized like the originals. I hope it's not final! Please give us an option for the original eyes and nose!

Looks good... better than the snarl and bimbo makeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Looks good... better than the snarl and bimbo makeup.
    This. Also, the snarls are now where they belong: on attack animations and other animations that warrant them looking aggressive, rather than a constant constipation.

My problem with arts is that there is no logical approach to criticize it. So i just will say i like the changes.
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.