Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10 million players in Classic Wow in 2019? Where do people get these numbers anyway??

Classic wow brings back an MMORPG. Nothing on retail wow comes close to the fun classic brings.
    Everyone will see, Classic wow will 100% win the Battle for Azeroth and bring back the game everyone enjoys!

Don't know about 10million subs, but, it'll absolutely have more subs then retail wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    You know why it did? Cause old school run escape is on mobile. Over 60% of their playerbase plays primarily on mobile for osrs. Fact.
    OSRS and RS3 are entirely different than Classic vs. BFA imo too, it's just not the same comparison at all.

And OSRS has had A TON of changes, and a TON of updates, otherwise it prob would've died a -long- time ago, osrs is basically rs3 without the rs3 combat updates but with all the quality of life and new content.

It's just way too different of a comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    Classic wow brings back an MMORPG. Nothing on retail wow comes close to the fun classic brings.
    Everyone will see, Classic wow will 100% win the Battle for Azeroth and bring back the game everyone enjoys!

Don't know about 10million subs, but, it'll absolutely have more subs then retail wow.
    No. Classic WoW will not have a more sustainable player base than retail. Whoever think that is delusional.

There is a very small percentage who will stick to Classic. While most others check it out for nostalgia or just to check it out because they’ve never played it. The majority will login from time to time.
    Last edited by babyback; 2019-08-05 at 05:08 PM.

Classic will have 10 Million Players...
    Bwahahahahahahaha!

Man, the level of delusion in some people is truly, truly astonishing.

- - - Updated - - -

Bwaaaaahahahahaa!

Not only the above, but now we got guys who don't know how the subscriptions will work. XD

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    No. Classic WoW will not have a more sustainable player base than retail. Whoever think that is delusional.

There is a very small percentage who will stick to Classic. While most others check it out for nostalgia or just to check it out because they’ve never played it. The majority will login from time to time.
    I 100% agree with this. I think people underestimate just how much people do enjoy the QoL changes that in retail and not classic. A lot of people will be turned off by some of the very things some people like about classic.

I really can only speak for myself and a few friends I've talked to. But we all do not want to deal with all the tedium of buying regents, arrows, walking everywhere cause mount and riding skill is too expensive for a while, etc. I understand some people enjoy those aspects, and more power to them if they have a chance to do what they enjoy. But it isn't for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    Bwahahahahahahaha!

Man, the level of delusion in some people is truly, truly astonishing.

- - - Updated - - -

Bwaaaaahahahahaa!

Not only the above, but now we got guys who don't know how the subscriptions will work. XD
    We all know how the subs work. It's how we interpret them. Trust me, my sub is not for retail.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post

We shall know in the coming months .
    Everyone is strongly underestimating the impact classic wow will have.

Think about it from this perspective:
    1. Every popular streamer will be on the hype train for each phase of classic.
    2. Classic wow pserver players are signing up
    3. Retail players are switching over
    4. Players from 15 years ago are coming back

I can tell you first hand as we have been actively guild recruiting for 4 months now.
    The last 2 weeks we are averaging 12-15 applicants a day! The hype is beyond real.

I wouldn't be surprised if classic wow trumps retail numbers by the 2nd week of Sept.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    I 100% agree with this. I think people underestimate just how much people do enjoy the QoL changes that in retail and not classic. A lot of people will be turned off by some of the very things some people like about classic.

I really can only speak for myself and a few friends I've talked to. But we all do not want to deal with all the tedium of buying regents, arrows, walking everywhere cause mount and riding skill is too expensive for a while, etc. I understand some people enjoy those aspects, and more power to them if they have a chance to do what they enjoy. But it isn't for me.

The whole point is to get back to a game that doesn't have all the Ool changes... This is what's great about it being a true MMORPG. The more time people invest into their character the stronger they are they others.

We all know how the subs work. It's how we interpret them. Trust me, my sub is not for retail.
    Trust me, it is. XD

It’s ignorant to think that classic won’t be successful. Can’t wait for the release

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    Trust me, it is. XD
    XD

Quote Originally Posted by Mirain1 View Post
    It’s ignorant to think that classic won’t be successful. Can’t wait for the release

XD
    I don’t think anyone is questioning that it’ll be successful. It’ll have a huge amount of players the first months.

But people are treating it as a second coming of mmorpg Christ that will obliterate retail. Which it won’t. Come any major content patch in retail and people will start to focus on that.

Most players will treat Classic as a game to play from time to time. Especially during content droughts.

When it all boils down it’s money going to Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by HollyCarp View Post
    Please pardon me for not reading through 21 pages of comments to see if this has already been touched on. But I wonder if the OP (or how many other people) remember that Classic is bound to have a lot of the inconveniences that many "modern" players take for granted.

--BASE RUNNING SPEED max until level 40 (unless you're a hunter with Aspect of the Cheetah-- and remember that in Classic, you get dazed when hit while in that aspect)

--Paladin and Warlock level 60 mounts gated behind very long and troublesome quest lines. And not exactly cheap either, especially when the strongest mobs dropped tiny amounts of coin

--mounts, pets and quest items took up precious inventory space (remember, 16 slots was the MAX bag size and most people couldn't afford those; I was lucky to have 14 slots for one or two bags)

--Vanilla WoW had no GF where a group was automatically teleported to a dungeon-- you had to hoof it. Hell I remember once for friggin' SETHEKK HALLS (which won't be available in classic) I was the only one running there (you had to be level 70 to fly, and I wasn't there-- and anyway, Classic will not have flying mounts), almost dying numerous times, while every other one of the players sat in TOWN, *SCREAMING* how they're all gonna quit unless they get a summon via the stone. When nobody else was around the stone for miles and I finally put a foot down saying SOMEONE had to get the HELL off their lazy butt, a measly five seconds later I was the only one left in the group. Now imagine this in "Classic WoW?"

--Elite quests and areas requiring groups (Remember Stromgarde?). If you had a partner who IRL was a 13 year old kid and their mother suddenly demanded they get off the computer this instant to clean their room, either you hearthstoned really quick or you got mudhole stomped by repops.

--For Blacksmiths, Dark Iron gear could only be forged in Blackrock Depths. (I think you STILL need to do that today, but back then, Dark Iron was the strongest mail and plate gear in the game).

--Raids demanded Attunement-- long, tedious and expensive. AND it took up a precious inventory slot, because if you left the token in the vault back in Stormwind or Orgrimmar? OOPS! *ACCESS DENIED*

--speaking of raids, very specific classes and specs and roles were demanded. Druids not in resto spec weren't allowed to raid. They weren't allowed to anything except cast innervate on the priests. Paladins were told to just cast greater blessing over and over and over-- and in those days you had to bless EACH individual member, not the whole group. Those blessings lasted five measly minutes so by the time you finished, it was time to start all over! Not to mention greater blessings demanded reagents that you had to buy from a vendor.

--speaking of reagents, remember soul shards for warlocks? Took up precious inventory space?

--No easy access between Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor. At least, not for the Alliance. Baby Night Elves wanting to quest outside Stormwind had to run through the level 20+ Wetlands, and crocolisks would come running from MILES away for a bite of tender baby night elf meat. Then the level 10-20 Loch Modan. I don't even remember where the Horde Zeppelins went, outside of between Ratchet in the Barrens (just one zone then) and Booty Bay (STV was a bad part of town in those days).

--Much fewer class/race combos. There was no "ANY race could be a hunter" in those days. ONLY Alliance could be Paladins and ONLY Horde could be Shamans.

--Speaking of Shamans, totems took up inventory space and were mandatory for any totem-based spells.

...shall I go on?

Maybe these weren't game breakers but they were serious PITAS, and I wonder how many people will go running to WoW Classic, run into all of them, and promptly go "(CENSORED) this (CENSORED)!!!!!!!!"
    Oh, don't worry... you're almost two years late. All those points (and others) were discussed to death and they are precisely what we want back. The "World" part of World of Warcraft.

BfA players can keep playing this modern hyper-fast, mythic-or-die Diablocraft game and everyone is happy.

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

We shall know in the coming months .
    Everyone is strongly underestimating the impact classic wow will have.

Think about it from this perspective:
    1. Every popular streamer will be on the hype train for each phase of classic.
    2. Classic wow pserver players are signing up
    3. Retail players are switching over
    4. Players from 15 years ago are coming back

I can tell you first hand as we have been actively guild recruiting for 4 months now.
    The last 2 weeks we are averaging 12-15 applicants a day! The hype is beyond real.

I wouldn't be surprised if classic wow trumps retail numbers by the 2nd week of Sept.

- - - Updated - - -

The whole point is to get back to a game that doesn't have all the Ool changes... This is what's great about it being a true MMORPG. The more time people invest into their character the stronger they are they others.
    1. incorrect, there is many popular streamers that will not be touching classic at all
    2. and many are not, many are staying on pservers
    3. and many are not
    4. and many are not...
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

I doubt numbers will stabilize at any point. Classic will have phases that are similar to retail patches and will generate an influx of players when released. And they will probably not coincide with one another. When one of them is in a dry phase, the other will rise up and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Classic is being made specifically for people who have already played vanilla, mostly on pservers.

Shoo, troll.
    Go back and read my post, I mean actually read it. At what point did I say that ridiculous drivel that Classic "sucks?" I played Vanilla, myself, maybe starting in 2005 instead of at launch, but sure, I liked it. What I didn't like was having to throw out something I could vendor every time I picked up a quest item, or having to throw out pets and not buy mounts because I didn't have space to carry them. I loved the different races and classes, I didn't like having to wait til near the end of the journey to see the other continent because I'd die umpteen times trying to get there, otherwise. What I don't like is people going "ZOMFG this is going to be the best thing in the history of MMOs and how *DARE* you say otherwize (insert 50 gazillion exclamation points)" No it's not. It's going to have a lot of good--but also a lot of PITAS that only hardcore players are going to like. Kind of like a pre-baby boomer going, "Kids! Why in my day we hadda climb uphill in no shoes, for two miles, in bitter cold and blizzards, to school each day HMPH!"

Maybe you're the troll, you know why they say, Never ASSUME.

Quote Originally Posted by marcosmcc View Post
    Oh, don't worry... you're almost two years late. All those points (and others) were discussed to death and they are precisely what we want back. The "World" part of World of Warcraft.
    Well, if you specifically WANT never having the inventory space for anything but reagents, a couple of essential mounts, no pets, and spare ammo (lots of people want that back, but maybe increase the size of a quiver so we don't need to fill an entire bag with it?), and not having enough gold for attunement or a warlock mount, and being expected to run to the dungeon and then find someone to help you use the stone to summon four lazy-assed people sitting in town (Yes, I actually had an entire group DISBAND on me for that alone-- so much for, "We want EXPLORATION," eh?), then knock yourself out. Of Course, Classic WoW will be fun, I wouldn't have stayed until just before the end of Legion if it wasn't, you know? But it's also going to have a lot of inconveniences that many people are going to get pretty ticked off at. It's not going to be one big party.

And anyway, if it's all about the journey, sooner or later you're going to hit level 60 and reach the finish line. Then what? Start all over on a new toon? You need SOMETHING to do at max level, don't you? There was a new somewhat futuristic RPG, I don't even remember the name of it, one of the classes or professions was "Builder," that focused on building homes and even towns... it barely lasted a year, if even. Why? Because sooner or later players reached max level and there was hardly anything left to do. It was like, "You reached the end of the internet. Now log off and go read a book!" So guess what-- they did. You might be completely correct in that they made the journey to reach max level too much of a speed race and hardly consequential. You might be angry PRECISELY because it takes less than a year to reach max level-- it took me pretty close, I started WoW in mid 2005 and hit 60 for the first time just a month or two before BC launched. But if you have nothing to do when you eventually get there? What are you going to play?
    Last edited by HollyCarp; 2019-08-05 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enabrann View Post
    Since Classic is going to have Millions more players than Retail, shouldn't it be "You pay the Classic subscription, you get Retail for free"?

Instead of the other way around?[/B]
    So it matters to you in what order it's phrased? Seriously?

Classic will have a lot of players on Day 1, no doubt. Classic will probably not have a lot of players on Day 120. Only the truly dedicated will remain.

Quote Originally Posted by HollyCarp View Post
    Go back and read my post, I mean actually read it. At what point did I say that ridiculous drivel that Classic "sucks?" I played Vanilla, myself, maybe starting in 2005 instead of at launch, but sure, I liked it. What I didn't like was having to throw out something I could vendor every time I picked up a quest item, or having to throw out pets and not buy mounts because I didn't have space to carry them. I loved the different races and classes, I didn't like having to wait til near the end of the journey to see the other continent because I'd die umpteen times trying to get there, otherwise. What I don't like is people going "ZOMFG this is going to be the best thing in the history of MMOs and how *DARE* you say otherwize (insert 50 gazillion exclamation points)" No it's not. It's going to have a lot of good--but also a lot of PITAS that only hardcore players are going to like. Kind of like a pre-baby boomer going, "Kids! Why in my day we hadda climb uphill in no shoes, for two miles, in bitter cold and blizzards, to school each day HMPH!"

Maybe you're the troll, you know why they say, Never ASSUME.

Well, if you specifically WANT never having the inventory space for anything but reagents, a couple of essential mounts, no pets, and spare ammo (lots of people want that back, but maybe increase the size of a quiver so we don't need to fill an entire bag with it?), and not having enough gold for attunement or a warlock mount, and being expected to run to the dungeon and then find someone to help you use the stone to summon four lazy-assed people sitting in town (Yes, I actually had an entire group DISBAND on me for that alone-- so much for, "We want EXPLORATION," eh?), then knock yourself out. Of Course, Classic WoW will be fun, I wouldn't have stayed until just before the end of Legion if it wasn't, you know? But it's also going to have a lot of inconveniences that many people are going to get pretty ticked off at. It's not going to be one big party.

And anyway, if it's all about the journey, sooner or later you're going to hit level 60 and reach the finish line. Then what? Start all over on a new toon? You need SOMETHING to do at max level, don't you? There was a new somewhat futuristic RPG, I don't even remember the name of it, one of the classes or professions was "Builder," that focused on building homes and even towns... it barely lasted a year, if even. Why? Because sooner or later players reached max level and there was hardly anything left to do. It was like, "You reached the end of the internet. Now log off and go read a book!" So guess what-- they did. You might be completely correct in that they made the journey to reach max level too much of a speed race and hardly consequential. You might be angry PRECISELY because it takes less than a year to reach max level-- it took me pretty close, I started WoW in mid 2005 and hit 60 for the first time just a month or two before BC launched. But if you have nothing to do when you eventually get there? What are you going to play?
    Again: what you call inconvenience is actually a game design decision. Decisions made with the purpose of making WoW a World and very social game from level 1.

Do you think the developers couldn't just teleport everyone around like GMs or let them fly since the beginning? Having more bag space than you can wish for?

And yeah, if I get a character to 60 in Classic and manage to clear Molten Core, it means I already invested more time in this game than every other game I played besides DotA and WoW itself. If I quit because I have nothing to do (which is untrue of course), I already invested a huge chunk of time on it, so that's not a problem at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    top 1000 is not competitive lols you said competitive
    Top 1000 guilds routinely clear instances on Mythic. I don't really see how that's any different than clearing every boss in Vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcosmcc View Post
    Again: what you call inconvenience is actually a game design decision.
    That's a rather meaningless thing to say. Both statements ("inconvenience" and "game design decision") are not mutually exclusive. Inconveniences can be game design decisions, and often are. He's not talking about a bug that inconveniences players, but actual "game design decisions" that are inconvenient.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

I hope to have big polulation because will be hard to fill 40 man raids

7+ Year Old Account
    That's a bit outrageous to say. I 99% think it will surpass retail, but BFA is a major disappointment so that's not saying much. As long as Blizzard keeps supporting the servers I don't care if 100,000 people are playing or 10,000,000, just give me my damn PvE server so I don't have to play on pservers with 100 people on at peak hours.