Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Launch week, maybe a million or so.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Top 1000 guilds routinely clear instances on Mythic. I don't really see how that's any different than clearing every boss in Vanilla.
    Very big difference because gear is much easier to attain and completely overgearing mythic bosses even end bosses is common by the end of tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    top 1000 is not competitive lols you said competitive
    Clearing all mythic raid content before the next patch, preferably with a few months++ or so to farm it, to me is competitive. Regardless of w.e rank is.

Quote Originally Posted by Oozlz View Post
    Clearing all mythic raid content before the next patch, preferably with a few months++ or so to farm it, to me is competitive. Regardless of w.e rank is.
    I mean it's not but okay

10+ Year Old Account
    WoTLK had best class / spec design, game depth and balance.
    Pity they went with Vanilla instead

I'd rather stay in BFA, cause I don't want to play a 1-button Vanilla Ret. No thanks.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I mean it's not but okay
    It is. How's your mythic guild ranked?

- - - Updated - - -

Very big difference because gear is much easier to attain and completely overgearing mythic bosses even end bosses is common by the end of tiers.
    How is 0.001% of raiders doing this in any way common? Quit talking out your ass.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

There is so much ridiculous optimism and excitement here that it could levitate an aircraft carrier across the US. Oh and by the way, that's got a better shot at happening than Classic gaining and maintaining even 5 million subs.

Quote Originally Posted by HollyCarp View Post
    Please pardon me for not reading through 21 pages of comments to see if this has already been touched on. But I wonder if the OP (or how many other people) remember that Classic is bound to have a lot of the inconveniences that many "modern" players take for granted.

--BASE RUNNING SPEED max until level 40 (unless you're a hunter with Aspect of the Cheetah-- and remember that in Classic, you get dazed when hit while in that aspect)

--Paladin and Warlock level 60 mounts gated behind very long and troublesome quest lines. And not exactly cheap either, especially when the strongest mobs dropped tiny amounts of coin

--mounts, pets and quest items took up precious inventory space (remember, 16 slots was the MAX bag size and most people couldn't afford those; I was lucky to have 14 slots for one or two bags)

--Vanilla WoW had no GF where a group was automatically teleported to a dungeon-- you had to hoof it. Hell I remember once for friggin' SETHEKK HALLS (which won't be available in classic) I was the only one running there (you had to be level 70 to fly, and I wasn't there-- and anyway, Classic will not have flying mounts), almost dying numerous times, while every other one of the players sat in TOWN, *SCREAMING* how they're all gonna quit unless they get a summon via the stone. When nobody else was around the stone for miles and I finally put a foot down saying SOMEONE had to get the HELL off their lazy butt, a measly five seconds later I was the only one left in the group. Now imagine this in "Classic WoW?"

--Elite quests and areas requiring groups (Remember Stromgarde?). If you had a partner who IRL was a 13 year old kid and their mother suddenly demanded they get off the computer this instant to clean their room, either you hearthstoned really quick or you got mudhole stomped by repops.

--For Blacksmiths, Dark Iron gear could only be forged in Blackrock Depths. (I think you STILL need to do that today, but back then, Dark Iron was the strongest mail and plate gear in the game).

--Raids demanded Attunement-- long, tedious and expensive. AND it took up a precious inventory slot, because if you left the token in the vault back in Stormwind or Orgrimmar? OOPS! *ACCESS DENIED*

--speaking of raids, very specific classes and specs and roles were demanded. Druids not in resto spec weren't allowed to raid. They weren't allowed to anything except cast innervate on the priests. Paladins were told to just cast greater blessing over and over and over-- and in those days you had to bless EACH individual member, not the whole group. Those blessings lasted five measly minutes so by the time you finished, it was time to start all over! Not to mention greater blessings demanded reagents that you had to buy from a vendor.

--speaking of reagents, remember soul shards for warlocks? Took up precious inventory space?

--No easy access between Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor. At least, not for the Alliance. Baby Night Elves wanting to quest outside Stormwind had to run through the level 20+ Wetlands, and crocolisks would come running from MILES away for a bite of tender baby night elf meat. Then the level 10-20 Loch Modan. I don't even remember where the Horde Zeppelins went, outside of between Ratchet in the Barrens (just one zone then) and Booty Bay (STV was a bad part of town in those days).

--Much fewer class/race combos. There was no "ANY race could be a hunter" in those days. ONLY Alliance could be Paladins and ONLY Horde could be Shamans.

--Speaking of Shamans, totems took up inventory space and were mandatory for any totem-based spells.

...shall I go on?

Maybe these weren't game breakers but they were serious PITAS, and I wonder how many people will go running to WoW Classic, run into all of them, and promptly go "(CENSORED) this (CENSORED)!!!!!!!!"
    this post just got me even more legit hyped for classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    It is. How's your mythic guild ranked?

- - - Updated - - -

How is 0.001% of raiders doing this in any way common? Quit talking out your ass.
    I didn't claim to be competitive currently. Hall of Fame level is competitive. It's not .001% of raiders doing it at all the vast vast majority of mythic guilds killed jaina in 5+ ilvl higher gear than limit and method. We can see what happens when people can't outgear content with uunat where a total of 166 guilds have killed him, and a total of 310 killed the first boss. This was content guilds went into basically capped unlike bod and palace. Most guilds if they kill queen will be around 440 and only that low due to benthic gear. Right now a competitive guild should have at least killed org.

Let's look at ilvl for the most recent jaina kill prior to patch Квантум a russian guild at 417.59 ilvl lowest ilvl in raid 415.13
    https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu.../rating.tier23

Now let's look at limit it's around 406 refuted trolled by logging out in no gear which screws it up a bit the highest ilvl is Lipp at 411.38 lowest is Xariz at 403.25

Now Method 406 no armory trolls highest Joshpriest 412.75 lowest Pottersham 400 even.

But hey you said top 1000 so let's look at 1000 which is Fusion an eu guild

Fusion had an average ilvl of 416 highest 418.31 lowest 412.56

But yup top 1000 is definitely competitive and fighting anywhere near the same fight top 200 are for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    Come any major content patch in retail and people will start to focus on that.

Most players will treat Classic as a game to play from time to time. Especially during content droughts.

I doubt any "major" content patch will have a noticable impact on Classic until the next expansion... which is likely at least a year from now.

10+ Year Old Account
    We'll find out in like 3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nozuka View Post
    I doubt any "major" content patch will have a noticable impact on Classic until the next expansion... which is likely at least a year from now.
    There is at least one more raid that will have an impact most likely

23 pages from a troll post. Pretty good going.

Who cares about world wide player numbers?

What cares are the numbers in the US and Europe, especially English speaking Players in those regions. Even at classic launch this number will never reach somewhat like 1 mio...

Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    WoTLK had best class / spec design, game depth and balance.
    Pity they went with Vanilla instead

I'd rather stay in BFA, cause I don't want to play a 1-button Vanilla Ret. No thanks.
    you could play holy and destroy people, instead of praying for seal of command procs

i'm going warrior this time, but it's very tempting to level paladin again and do it right this time - go holy, not ret

Quote Originally Posted by Gavll View Post
    23 pages from a troll post. Pretty good going.
    It doesn't seem trollish when you consider the numbers put up by other old school MMO's

WoW Classic is a better MMO than any WoW expansion or MMO released since, is that a controversial take here?
    One Sweet Dream

Probably wont be 10 million players between classic and live combined so this is a silly thread

Quote Originally Posted by pankind View Post
    It doesn't seem trollish when you consider the numbers put up by other old school MMO's

WoW Classic is a better MMO than any WoW expansion or MMO released since, is that a controversial take here?
    I mean considering nearly every "which wow is the best" poll returns BC and Wrath both ahead of Vanilla, i'd call it at the very least a minority's take.

Quote Originally Posted by pankind View Post

It is, I felt BC and Wrath were better in everyway than Vanilla and I played Vanilla. Also I really enjoyed Legion more so as well. It was however better (IMO <<<) than Cata, MoP, WoD, and BFA