Page 1 of 3
LastLast

9.2 releasing next month?

Per this article, it's saying patch 9.2 is due out in a few weeks, is that true?

Because I thought it wasn't coming till like April.

https://realsport101.com/wow/wow-cla...healers-tanks/
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2021-12-29 at 05:08 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    First, that article is about classic wow, not retail.

Second no, almost 0% chance of 9.2 going live by the end of January. Its possible if they do a rush job that we could see it February, but March is the safest bet.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Per this article, it's saying patch 9.2 is due out in a few weeks, is that true?

That link lol

Nah the PTR only dropped in November. 3 months minimum puts it dropping mid to late Feb

The article specifically mentions Shadowlands patch 9.2 release guesstimate.

It states a January release per their sources. But I don't see that being realistic.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because they dont have any sources. From the little bit I glanced at it, they write their 'articles' off freely-available information from content aggregators and throw in random guesses.

Not even sure how this article came up in my Google news feed? I wasn't researching a release date for 9.2 at all

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's an easier answer. Trash sites like that load up their pages with anything related to the game so if you've done any searching on anything wow-related in the relative past, it has a higher chance of popping up as a 'related' hit.

Unfortunately reading is not a trait one possesses. It states in the first 3 words UPDATED WOW CLASSIC

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Unfortunately reading is not a trait one possesses. It states in the first 3 words UPDATED WOW CLASSIC
    Scroll down towards the end...

Or search for WoW Shadowlands 9.2 Release Date on the page.
    ~Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.~
    ~Every damn thing you do in this life, you have to pay for.~

7+ Year Old Account
    Is raid testing even done yet? Seems too early.

If you actually log on and check the PTR right now, you will see how absolutely barebones it is. None of the new stuff is even implemented and working yet, Zereth Mortis is not populated properly, vendors are not in and working, raid testing is not even close to being complete, M+ testing isn't even on the horizon, tier sets aren't even finalized. The PTR is far, far from being a release candidate. I'd estimate late Feb-early March.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post

Because I thought it wasn't coming till like April.

Define a few weeks - most peoples idea of this will change from person to person. Most people will use “few” as in any kind of multiple i.e., some people will think a few weeks is 2-3, some will use it when meaning 4, 5, 6.

Late Feb is my best guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Amorac View Post

That's not actually the same article, they do the stupid fucking thing that a lot of "news" sites do where they load a related article once you scroll to the bottom, you can prove that by searching for "9.2" when you've just refreshed, and you'll get no results, but if you scroll to the bottom it'll load it in.

OT:

It's a load of shit, there's no way it's coming next month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Amorac View Post

dont get it. the article shows nothing about SL besides links to other posts. why OP didnt link these ? and the second link is just assumptions out of the ass, like 100 others did. so why we even discuss this here ? dont get it.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    dont get it. the article shows nothing about SL besides links to other posts. why OP didnt link these ? and the second link is just assumptions out of the ass, like 100 others did. so why we even discuss this here ? dont get it.
    Assumptions out of the ass? It's not so hard to guess patch release window when PTR is already up. There are only 2 rules: 1) patch launch 10-12 weeks after PTR first build, 2) they aim to release patch before end of quarter, even if it could use few more weeks of testing (end of year seems to be exception, since Christmas has increased activity no matter what and they work only half of month).

That's why it was pretty funny to see people screaming about August date for 9.1 while PTR was already running.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it comes out next month patch 9.1 + 9.1.5 still cost players about $90 dollars (+ mount/pet/transmog premium), that is pretty fucking sad not going to lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    If it comes out next month patch 9.1 + 9.1.5 still cost players about $90 dollars (+ mount/pet/transmog premium), that is pretty fucking sad not going to lie.
    The subscription pays for access to the servers, not content. The content is free.

not free

Quote Originally Posted by Lathspell View Post
    The subscription pays for access to the servers, not content. The content is free.
    As the game has no "offline" option then there is zero free content for this game. You have to pay to access all content for WoW (i think this is one of the reasons it is failing hard, too many big gaps between content drops).

Edited to say that i am not including trials on this

Since its the last patch, would rather see it around April/May and not just be a disaster repeat of the previous rushed patches. Take the time, test and make changes based on feedback from players.