Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Do you have no problem in having two concepts that, while gameplay-wise are different, in the lore they're the exact same thing?

Do you have no problem in having a class that specializes in creating mechs, robots, guns, bombs, rockets, teleporters, etc... but does not know how to create mechs, robots, guns, bombs, rockets, teleporters, etc?

Think about it: how can a tinker be a tech class, if it doesn't know technology, i.e., the engineering profession? It makes absolutely zero sense from a lore perspective. Should tinker players be forced to have one of their two profession choices be locked to engineering? Or what?
    I think the engineering profession should be renamed tinkering (something anybody can do) while the future class should be called Engineer

I absolutely love it.
    But, it would be cool to have Undeath as a Tank spec. There should be a tank minion which fuses with the necromancer in a single being. THe minion's health serves as a shield for the Necromancer and their stats add up.

Apologies for the late reply:

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    I appreciate the amount of thought you put into this, it actually looks like the basis of a very interesting class.... BUT.. we basically already HAVE Necromancers in the form of Warlocks. Not to mention the immense amount of work adding a new class entails, and with sub numbers where they are I dont know if Blizz will put that much work into something unless its as a hail mary to try and get people back.... then again, I said the same thing about Demon Hunters so what do I know...
    A new class is inevitable, and even more so with the upcoming expansion. Blizzard needs a big WIN and a cool new class that everyone wants to play could be the key.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Problem is that they just missed the opportunity with shadowlands and next one will not make much sense, unless "after The janitor and the shadowlands crisis are gone, now they see they need the power of the death, and necromancers were born from the studies brought fro the shadowlands", but even with that it will feel cheap.
    I feel like this is a huge possibility for the upcoming expansion. Our time in Shadowlands must have had consequences in the living world in Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Three Faced Goddess View Post
    I love the concept! Do you have one for Dark Rangers? If we got necromancers I wouldn't be so sad about losing out on Dark Rangers.
    I have a Dragonsworn, Dark Ranger, and Tech class concept all on the back-burner. I'm waiting to see if there's a new class in the upcoming expansion, haha, with the thought that I might have to abandon one of them UNLESS, we get Necromancers (or even Bards!) instead!! I'm currently working on Bard talents within my Bard Class concept.

Quote Originally Posted by hansfredrichseidel View Post
    with the effort you have exerted on this. This looks like it was done by a professional.
    Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Karmian View Post
    I absolutely love it.
    But, it would be cool to have Undeath as a Tank spec. There should be a tank minion which fuses with the necromancer in a single being. THe minion's health serves as a shield for the Necromancer and their stats add up.
    I want there to be clear distinctions between Necromancers and Death Knights much like Priests/Paladins and Demon Hunters/Warlocks. Sharing a tank spec would be too much of a similarity; which is why I'm such a fan of a Necro healing spec because it helps set them apart from both DKs and Warlocks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many people feel Necromancers should have been a class introduced in Shadowlands, but as I said above, I feel like they're a class that needed an extra foundation established. From shadowlands, we've learned that using necromancy can be a power for good, that not all Necromancers are evil, and that their death magic is much more complex than originally thought. Everyone's currently guessing that a Dragon-based class and expansion is in the works but Blizzard likes to stay clear from the obvious. My perfect expansion idea that includes Necromancers would involve a war with the fanatical holy light and teaming up with Necromancers to fight them.

Share your thoughts!