Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by scubi666stacy View Post
    Healing necromancers are abominations. The Death realm wants living things to die, or probably to turn into undead. Why should it empower someone to prevent exactly this? This is the most moronic thing I have ever seen, and even if there is some kind of precedence for it in other games, it does not make things better.

Just because you can use Light to both heal and damage living creatures you cannot make the logical conclusion that things are the same for Death magic. You know, Death only happens when there is no healing / regeneration...
    Spirit healers are beings of the death realm.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Spirit healers are beings of the death realm.
    Spirit Healers are nothing more than a game mechanic for me. They are a joke, or probably nothing more than the echo of a healer. Like the Holy Priest special effect, lingering a bit after death, dishing out last heals before Death is completed.

And Blood Magic is about vampirism, not healing. It would probably allow the Necromancer to sustain himself, but healing others is a really disgusting idea.
    Also, DKs are considered as undead lorewise, thus it's okay if they can "heal" themselves with their Death magic. DK (especially Blood spec) steals the life force of others.

A healer restores life without robbing it from others. It's a fundamental difference.

Honestly, great effort... but it's a stupid concept (Necromancers as a unique hero class in general) and the specs don't fit at all, especially "chemical" makes no sense. Like none of the specs really fit what a Necromancer is all about which makes sense, because that's already covered by other classes. All in all this concept shows that Necromancers will never happen OR they'll have to completely retcon everything about them and add this instead.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2019-08-14 at 03:06 PM.

Spirit Healers are nothing more than a game mechanic for me. They are a joke, or probably nothing more than the echo of a healer. Like the Holy Priest special effect, lingering a bit after death, dishing out last heals before Death is completed.

And Blood Magic is about vampirism, not healing. It would probably allow the Necromancer to sustain himself, but healing others is a really disgusting idea.
    Also, DKs are considered as undead lorewise, thus it's okay if they can "heal" themselves with their Death magic. DK (especially Blood spec) steals the life force of others.

A healer restores life without robbing it from others. It's a fundamental difference.
    But there's a precedent for death and blood healing in the lore of the game. I imagine that, similar to warlocks/death knights, it's a form of magic that would be tolerated since it's use has advantages to the factions. I understand you don't like the concept, but there's precedent for death healing in the game in the form of spirit healers, and blood healing, so it really wouldn't be farfetched lore-wise and gameplay-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Snooper View Post
    Amazing concept, only issue would be giving them to the Dreanei imo. I know they have DK's but they were raised against their will. I doubt a Necromancer would be welcome, unless they were some Eredar that split from the Legion after Argus but i doubt it. But anyway loved the work that went into this
    Actually, Draenei had a big culture of watching over the corpses of their fallen and even summoning their spirits back to defend their world back in Draenor, so I would almost argue that the Draenei are one of the most fitting races.

Hence why Necromancers could be the first and only dark healer in WoW. There would be an offensive element to their healing style. I'll also remind you that Blood DKs can heal their allies through Mark of Blood.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    ...especially "chemical" makes no sense. Like none of the specs really fit what a Necromancer is all about which makes sense, because that's already covered by other classes.
    If you look into the lore of WoW necromancy, you'd see a Chemical spec for Necromancers makes perfect sense. There's a strong connection between alchemy, poison, and Necromancers. Mad Scientists are alchemists, and the spec is heavily influenced by Professor Putricide and forsaken blight sprayers. Additionally, you have an alchemy school in Scholomance, poison dealing Necromancers (Grand Widow Faerlina, Zanzil, & Krick in Pit of Saron) necromancy within alchemy organizations (Royal Apothecary), and alchemists in the Necromancer organization run by Kel'Thuzad, the Cult of the Damned.

All in all this concept shows that Necromancers will never happen OR they'll have to completely retcon everything about them and add this instead.
    Nothing is retconned. Everything is inspired by WoW lore. Thanks for your opinion though!

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Actually, Draenei had a big culture of watching over the corpses of their fallen and even summoning their spirits back to defend their world back in Draenor, so I would almost argue that the Draenei are one of the most fitting races.
    That's right. Thank you for bringing this up!

Quote Originally Posted by randomer View Post
    dumb idea....
    Lol I appreciate your input.

Appreciate your effort !

Looks really good. But:

Seriously? You summon Anub'Arak? The MASSIVE Bug we killed 2 times^^ Basically a Raid Boss?

Edit: Also: Void Elves and death?
    Last edited by VinceVega; 2019-10-16 at 11:30 AM.

Looks like a Death Knight with cloth armor...

Definite +1 from me. If necromancer doesn't work because of dk warlock and priest don't work because of DH and pally.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity River View Post
    This deserves a bump and is relevant to ongoing discussions, I really like your ideas.
    Thanks for the bump! That means a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Jalham View Post
    Appreciate your effort !
    Much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Looks really good. But:

Seriously? You summon Anub'Arak? The MASSIVE Bug we killed 2 times^^ Basically a Raid Boss?

Edit: Also: Void Elves and death?
    It's just him thrusting spikes up like he does in the encounter against him. It doesn't necessarily have to actually involve him but that would be really cool if it did!

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    Looks like a Death Knight with cloth armor...
    wha? Did you even read anything? My concept doesn't even wear cloth....and Death Knights don't heal with blood magic, use alchemy, nor transform into other undead entities.

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    Wow, how detailed and elaborate. Kudos to the OP.

I would only say that the "chemical" spec should be called Apothecary. Like that undead guy that made the mess in wrath gate.
    Yeah, either name could work. I just felt Chemical Necromancers sounded more threatening.

Quote Originally Posted by CottonCandyCastro View Post
    Definite +1 from me. If necromancer doesn't work because of dk warlock and priest don't work because of DH and pally.
    Yep, my thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Amunrasonther View Post

wha? Did you even read anything? My concept doesn't even wear cloth....and Death Knights don't heal with blood magic, use alchemy, nor transform into other undead entities.
    They literally have a spec called Blood. And the pictures look very clothesque.

5+ Year Old Account
    Very interesting read OP., I commend you. This !@#$ would be insta preorder if it was ever implemented /bravo
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Wow, this was a neat writeup.

Something I've been mulling over that would make this work as an "always evil" class would be to look at this like how Guild Wars does with "Clean" necromancy and "Corrupt" necromancy. The difference being that the "clean" necromancy used by the player character is basically just really morbid golemancy and flesh-crafting, there's no soul involved or enslaved, no innocent person damned to eternal suffering. This is what makes them a heroic (if unsettling) force against the evil undead, who very much are suffering, trapped spirits in rotting bodies.

Introducing the next possible Hero Class, the Necromancer! This is a revamp of my old concept 2 years ago. Not only was it updated visually, but I also reconstructed many of the specs from scratch, updating new spells, talents, pets, mechanics, and play-styles. I most definitely put way more time, effort, and thought into this concept version. I even added tier set inspiration!

Thank you in advance for reading an extremely long thread!
    great job, but i gotta ask
    why mail? just bcs its least represented armor type or some other reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    They literally have a spec called Blood. And the pictures look very clothesque.
    Right... my concept doesn’t have a spec called Blood. Or are you trying to say that both specs have a spec that deals with blood magic, to which I say, Paladins and Priests share multiple holy themed specs.

Also, most of the pictures show the Necromancer either decked out in metal chains or bone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Very interesting read OP., I commend you. This !@#$ would be insta preorder if it was ever implemented /bravo
    Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Wow, this was a neat writeup.

Something I've been mulling over that would make this work as an "always evil" class would be to look at this like how Guild Wars does with "Clean" necromancy and "Corrupt" necromancy. The difference being that the "clean" necromancy used by the player character is basically just really morbid golemancy and flesh-crafting, there's no soul involved or enslaved, no innocent person damned to eternal suffering. This is what makes them a heroic (if unsettling) force against the evil undead, who very much are suffering, trapped spirits in rotting bodies.
    Yes, thank you. I had similar ideas when making up this concept.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    great job, but i gotta ask
    why mail? just bcs its least represented armor type or some other reasons?
    There were many reasons. As you point out, the first is Mail is the least represented, but more importantly, if you read the section in tier armor inspiration, I mention that Necromancer armor would heavily utilize chains, metal, and bone, which are all more fitting for mail armor.

Lastly, I wanted to emphasize that my Necromancer is the antithesis of Shamans, like how Death Knights are to Paladins - who all wear the same armor type.

Right... my concept doesn’t have a spec called Blood. Or are you trying to say that both specs have a spec that deals with blood magic, to which I say, Paladins and Priests share multiple holy themed specs.

Also, most of the pictures show the Necromancer either decked out in metal chains or bone.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, thank you. I had similar ideas when making up this concept.

- - - Updated - - -

There were many reasons. As you point out, the first is Mail is the least represented, but more importantly, if you read the section in tier armor inspiration, I mention that Necromancer armor would heavily utilize chains, metal, and bone, which are all more fitting for mail armor.

Lastly, I wanted to emphasize that my Necromancer is the antithesis of Shamans, like how Death Knights are to Paladins - who all wear the same armor type.
    well bones can be leather too (thunderlord from draenor is what i magine as low point set for necro) but the shaman antithesis is true, you have chosen well

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rionalgaming View Post
    so you want a second death related hero class?

no there very similar with death knights..
    mage use fire
    lock use fire
    shaman use fire
    do u want tinkers that use guns releated weapons LIKE HUNTER?

the pet spec is basically using the warlock demo mechanic many short living pets; necro should have lot of permanent pet the basic should be at last 5-6 skellies permanently following you around.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.