Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    In lore, warlocks are not permitted to use demonology amongst the Alliance. They are only permitted to practice their fire and shadow magic. Shadow priests are kept under really fucking close watch after what happened with the Archbishop too.
    So then that proves there can be classes that use forbidden magic in the lore.

Amazing work and time put in this post. Great stuff. Yeah this Necromancer class, almost seems like what the Death Knight was supposed to be, and no the plate wearing Tank it turned out to be.

Would love to see this become a reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    Wow... I must say, Tinker does looks pretty lame compared to this.
    My thoughts exactly, haha. I want a serious class, not a class that makes explosive chicken robots...

Quote Originally Posted by Echoherb View Post
    I like this. A lot.
    Much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    In lore, necromancy is a banned school of magic. Death knights get away with it because they're not true necromancers and using runic magic rather than the arcane. Necromancers don't have the convenient excuse that DKs have of "We were being controlled." They willfully learned that evil shit. Both factions have been royally hurt by necromancy so I can't see the factions suddenly ignoring the terrible past around necromancy just to let players play a necromancer.
    Thank you for reminding us all that Death Knights are not true Necromancers.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Idk if it has been posted but the necromancer NPCs on island expeditions cast spells in the same color and art style as Diablo 3 necromancers.
    Yep, and the graphics look amazing

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    Good god.. This is the best thing i ever reaad!
    Why thank you! I put a crap ton of time into to make it sound...amazing lol

Quote Originally Posted by scubi666stacy View Post
    Healing necromancers are abominations. The Death realm wants living things to die, or probably to turn into undead. Why should it empower someone to prevent exactly this? This is the most moronic thing I have ever seen, and even if there is some kind of precedence for it in other games, it does not make things better.

Just because you can use Light to both heal and damage living creatures you cannot make the logical conclusion that things are the same for Death magic. You know, Death only happens when there is no healing / regeneration...
    It's not just about death magic, it's about blood magic, which mostly revolves around healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Amazing work and time put in this post. Great stuff. Yeah this Necromancer class, almost seems like what the Death Knight was supposed to be, and no the plate wearing Tank it turned out to be.

Would love to see this become a reality.
    Thank you!

Healing necromancers are abominations. The Death realm wants living things to die, or probably to turn into undead. Why should it empower someone to prevent exactly this? This is the most moronic thing I have ever seen, and even if there is some kind of precedence for it in other games, it does not make things better.

Just because you can use Light to both heal and damage living creatures you cannot make the logical conclusion that things are the same for Death magic. You know, Death only happens when there is no healing / regeneration...
    Spirit healers are beings of the death realm.
    I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Spirit healers are beings of the death realm.
    Spirit Healers are nothing more than a game mechanic for me. They are a joke, or probably nothing more than the echo of a healer. Like the Holy Priest special effect, lingering a bit after death, dishing out last heals before Death is completed.

And Blood Magic is about vampirism, not healing. It would probably allow the Necromancer to sustain himself, but healing others is a really disgusting idea.
    Also, DKs are considered as undead lorewise, thus it's okay if they can "heal" themselves with their Death magic. DK (especially Blood spec) steals the life force of others.

A healer restores life without robbing it from others. It's a fundamental difference.

Honestly, great effort... but it's a stupid concept (Necromancers as a unique hero class in general) and the specs don't fit at all, especially "chemical" makes no sense. Like none of the specs really fit what a Necromancer is all about which makes sense, because that's already covered by other classes. All in all this concept shows that Necromancers will never happen OR they'll have to completely retcon everything about them and add this instead.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2019-08-14 at 03:06 PM.

Spirit Healers are nothing more than a game mechanic for me. They are a joke, or probably nothing more than the echo of a healer. Like the Holy Priest special effect, lingering a bit after death, dishing out last heals before Death is completed.

And Blood Magic is about vampirism, not healing. It would probably allow the Necromancer to sustain himself, but healing others is a really disgusting idea.
    Also, DKs are considered as undead lorewise, thus it's okay if they can "heal" themselves with their Death magic. DK (especially Blood spec) steals the life force of others.

A healer restores life without robbing it from others. It's a fundamental difference.
    But there's a precedent for death and blood healing in the lore of the game. I imagine that, similar to warlocks/death knights, it's a form of magic that would be tolerated since it's use has advantages to the factions. I understand you don't like the concept, but there's precedent for death healing in the game in the form of spirit healers, and blood healing, so it really wouldn't be farfetched lore-wise and gameplay-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Snooper View Post
    Amazing concept, only issue would be giving them to the Dreanei imo. I know they have DK's but they were raised against their will. I doubt a Necromancer would be welcome, unless they were some Eredar that split from the Legion after Argus but i doubt it. But anyway loved the work that went into this
    Actually, Draenei had a big culture of watching over the corpses of their fallen and even summoning their spirits back to defend their world back in Draenor, so I would almost argue that the Draenei are one of the most fitting races.

Hence why Necromancers could be the first and only dark healer in WoW. There would be an offensive element to their healing style. I'll also remind you that Blood DKs can heal their allies through Mark of Blood.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    ...especially "chemical" makes no sense. Like none of the specs really fit what a Necromancer is all about which makes sense, because that's already covered by other classes.
    If you look into the lore of WoW necromancy, you'd see a Chemical spec for Necromancers makes perfect sense. There's a strong connection between alchemy, poison, and Necromancers. Mad Scientists are alchemists, and the spec is heavily influenced by Professor Putricide and forsaken blight sprayers. Additionally, you have an alchemy school in Scholomance, poison dealing Necromancers (Grand Widow Faerlina, Zanzil, & Krick in Pit of Saron) necromancy within alchemy organizations (Royal Apothecary), and alchemists in the Necromancer organization run by Kel'Thuzad, the Cult of the Damned.

All in all this concept shows that Necromancers will never happen OR they'll have to completely retcon everything about them and add this instead.
    Nothing is retconned. Everything is inspired by WoW lore. Thanks for your opinion though!

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Actually, Draenei had a big culture of watching over the corpses of their fallen and even summoning their spirits back to defend their world back in Draenor, so I would almost argue that the Draenei are one of the most fitting races.
    That's right. Thank you for bringing this up!

Quote Originally Posted by randomer View Post
    dumb idea....
    Lol I appreciate your input.