Poll: What are you going to do about a guild?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account

What is your plan for a guild?

I'm just going to play, hopefully make some friends & see what happens.

my retail guild will probably make a guild on classic. i imagine most of us will be too busy with eternal palace for it to turn into anything serious anytime soon.

Dunno. I have 1 group of players that I raided with back in 2014 that are coming to classic, but I am also keeping my eye open for an EU alliance guild on a PvP server ideally with weekend raiding, or slightly earlier raid starts.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    In a guild already, 25ish members who have played together for a few years, going to recruit the rest on our way to 60,

Need an option for “I am still searching for a guild that is not too hard core but will still make progress and have fun”

15+ Year Old Account
    Right now the plan is for an F & F guild, and I'll see if we can make it grow. I figure that's enough until we're raiding, and we'll see if we recruit along the way or look for raiding guilds at that time.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Intending to survey the state of recruitment on the server as we reach level cap in the 50's, saves you from joining somewhere pre-launch and finding that plan falls through, also gives you an idea of their existing roster size and how many 60's are around in the earlier resets to judge the feasibility of early raiding.

I'm going to play (probably) and let it happen naturally. Haven't had a guild since... WoD?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna join a guild when/if I decide to raid. Don't see much point in doing it before then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to play and let it happen naturally, though my friends and I do intend to get in the same one so we can play together. It's just that none of us are particularly interested in taking up the role of raid lead again; let someone else herd ferrets this go-round.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Going to play casually and if a guild happens to invite me, I won't say no. I'm working late afternoon/evenings anyway, so if I want to raid, I'll have to go look specifically for a daytime raiding guild, and those aren't exactly dime-a-dozen.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendChris View Post
    I'm just going to play, hopefully make some friends & see what happens.
    I'm starting off with my mates. So it'll depend. We'll level together. Either join a guild or make our own. Just have fun.
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't plan to join a guild. I'm only interested in raiding guilds, my raiding time is not EU, and it's unlikely that I'll have even a single raiding guild with that raid time on my server. Also I'm not going to play any other role than main tank with Thunderfury priority. Also I'm slow leveler and probably will be 60 after a few months and I'm not going to skip any progression, so I require guild that did not start raiding yet. Also I require that guild does not impose any requirements for flasks, potions and all that nonsense and does not require research fights before progression, as I prefer to understand tactics naturally with wipes and combat log analyze. All those restrictions mean that I'm very unlikely to find any suitable guild and I'm not going to start my own guild either.
    I might join some random guild, just so strangers wouldn't bother me with invites, but that's about it.
    Last edited by vsb; 2019-08-05 at 07:29 AM.

go'na put on mah best suit...

go'na wear the good cologne...

then go'na find me a guild inside the place

go'na get me some raid loot... an' sweep me up a fine gal and make her into a woman.

Holding off on looking for a guild until level cap, myself.

If I aim to be around more serious raiding peers, just capping out within the first 3 weeks should net me a roster slot with some quality people...

My larger overall concern is finding guilds that work for me time wise.... I don't really want to spend more than 2-3 days for my "main" as I also intend to do try to raid on a secondary toon ~1-2 days a week, and maybe even situationally squeeze a third toon/alt into some kind of guild alt runs for at least the t1 content.

Ideally, I can no life raid all three at least until BWL/BGs launch, but we'll see how feasible that is while still avoiding burnout.

Currently have a group of around 50 people from my old workplace, some from my new one and friends of their friends.

Last I heard, the votes were 60-40 in favor of going horde (hopefully stays like this), previously being alliance
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

Quote Originally Posted by Drosul View Post
    My larger overall concern is finding guilds that work for me time wise.... I don't really want to spend more than 2-3 days for my "main" as I also intend to do try to raid on a secondary toon ~1-2 days a week, and maybe even situationally squeeze a third toon/alt into some kind of guild alt runs for at least the t1 content.

Ideally, I can no life raid all three at least until BWL/BGs launch, but we'll see how feasible that is while still avoiding burnout.
    P1 should be an ideal period to scout out a guild to progress through to Naxx with assuming that's your goal, only having Ony & MC to raid in P1 should mean three nights max in the first 2 resets to progress and kill rag leading to 1 3 hour raid a week, the coherence of the roster and raid performance over P1 and 2 will tell you if the guild's worth staying in or if you need to move on.

I m going to play in a pve guild for raiding

I'll play the game and see how everything unfolds. I dont know how serious i'll be playing classic. I'll probably end up logging in a few times a week and play 5-10 hours a week, so I cant really commit to much.

Time will tell. I remember classic as a very social experience were I met all kinds of people, will be interesting to see if its like that today.

Solo and starting over.

My old guild may or may not be playing, but things became so routine and familiar, and I want to take my time. Plus, meeting players as the rep of an established social group limits what kind of relationships you can build.

I'm curious about whether Classic can foster a different vibe -- heck, a friends list of people actually on the server is a big difference, but maybe there's a real gestalt, here. I want to run a experiment with myself as the subject.