Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fragnot77 View Post
    DK Dps - im losing motivation. Do we suck or should i stick with it ?
    Check to make sure you have appropriate Traits, Essences, and trinkets as those are your biggest DPS influences. Other than that it's just rotation and statistic priority.

I currently UH DK and have no real problems keeping up with people. It depends on the fight of course, obviously heavy movement fights you'll fall behind even other mdps. For context I was keeping up with boomkin and dh that raid mythic in a +10 UR, wasn't beating them but could hang.

Looking at the mythic logs, death knights are indeed a bit on the weaker side of the spectrum (https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/23/#) especially unholy strugles in mythic EP.

They are a bit middle of the pack on the heroic parses (https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st.../#difficulty=4) so it seems they are perfectly viable there.

If you want to go full hardcore sure DK will have a rough time in Mythic EP it seems, aside from Azshara where frost is strong because you have to deal with a pretty dense wave of ads. They have some situational survivability due to AMS but that isn't used to much in EP, aside from immuning briny bubbles on Ashvane.

Looking at it overal they are doing almost fine. A small bump to unholy would be nice and perhaps a lil buff to frost aswel. But nothing to detremental as to saying DKs suck atm.

Drynix - Not to be rude but they're are not middle of the pack for heroic, they are actually bottom quater of the pack.

In regards to mythic there are just so many more classes that do what we do better with less setup/skill which is quite sad really, i remember a time when unholy dk would SMASH the meters throughout wotlk (which i understand was a bit of a blunder due to it being the first hero class) and cata.

OP - to be honest you're not showing any commitment to your DK to get the most out of it, no enchants, bad trinkets poor rotation seems like a bit of an excuse to why your playing badly (not to be rude but just being honest).

Unholy DK is probably the hardest mele spec in the game beside maybe Feral druid but i would still give it to unholy dk, having 3 resources to manage, so you really have to invest time and skill into the class to get the most out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drynix View Post
    Looking at the mythic logs, death knights are indeed a bit on the weaker side of the spectrum (https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/23/#) especially unholy strugles in mythic EP.

They are a bit middle of the pack on the heroic parses (https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st.../#difficulty=4) so it seems they are perfectly viable there.
    The problem with looking at all classes and then deciding that DKs are fine is that all classes except for Monks and Paladins have speccs that rank far higher that they can switch to. DKs don't have any option like that. Our damage options are "meh" Frost and "bad" Unholy.

The other problem is that without the right azerite setup you won't do as much dps as another UH dk that just wasn't lucky enough to get the right traits. It's just like the lego's in Legion, if you don't have the right ones you won't be able to keep up. I changed out some traits and I'm running a spec nearly NO ONE uses and I'm simming 1k DPS higher. I'll have to wait to see if I can actually do good dps in game as I haven't had an opportunity to really try it yet. Not to mention how much gem slots matter and getting benthic gear with a socket.

Just looking at all Heroic logs:

50th percentile Unholy DK: 28.5k
    50th percentile Frost DK: 28.26k

50th percentile Shadow Priest (highest ranked): 31.86k

75th percentile Frost: 33k
    75th percentile Unholy: 32.6k

The point is, if you play either DK spec well (and 75th percentile is achievable by anyone) you bring far more to your raid than an average player of any class. So if you ever feel like you need to reroll just be aware that if you put a fraction of the effort it would take to level, gear and learn a flavor of the month spec into shoring up any gaps in your DK play you can probably gain more in terms of DPS than you will by rerolling something else and playing it at an average level.

Don't compare your spec to other specs, compare yourself to others playing the same spec.

Well, DKs are getting buffed next reset (both dps specs), so I guess they did, in fact, suck.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2019-08-09 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsy View Post
    Saw him for a fair few of the bosses. That alone tells me they're viable and that OP is probably missing something with his/her rotation.
    But maybe you need him geared up for Azshara fight, so her is carried?

15+ Year Old Account
    I had to step back and reassess the current state of this class after my last post. I realized after seeing how bad we really are doing in general (even if the best of us are hanging), perhaps the attitudes are warranted. Perhaps I'm not doing everything right. I'm in the 75th, but it ain't saying much.
    The people who play Unholy and take the time to gear this spec and do everything right are amazing, imo, considering the crap we go through just to compete. You guys make DKs look really good, those of us who try anyway.

Someone predicted the buffs every patch though. It's beyond hilarious how predictable this has been.. smh.

Well, the buffs are great, but I think the problem is too deep to solve it with a flat damage increase

RIP Raise Abomination

Yeah.
    I don't really care about the necro nerf, but they totally gutted the abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsy View Post
    They're doing fine as far as I know. Nnogga was a Frost DK on Method's Mythic Aszhara attempts so they can't be doing too bad if they're being chosen for prog. You could just be doing it wrong and need to research the class mechanics more. I've done a few M+ with Unholy DK's too, they're still competitive when played correctly.
    nogga also had a 425 insidious lurkers which no frost dk will be able to obtain again especially in NA since nobody wants to enter crucible

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Papzer View Post
    Well, the buffs are great, but I think the problem is too deep to solve it with a flat damage increase
    Problem is we realistically only scale with the strength stat. Every other stat just feels like a tickle. Your versatility hardly ever moves, haste has DR very soon, mastery is such a weightless stat for us it might as well not even exist. It's like the only thing you can even acknowledge is crit, which now people are gemming for it, go figure. Relying on essences critting for damage, lol... Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    nogga also had a 425 insidious lurkers which no frost dk will be able to obtain again especially in NA since nobody wants to enter crucible
    Watching nnogga min-maxing every GCD in a 10 min boss fight, while a few other players on different classes are spamming multiple hotkeys at the same time - literally facerolling the keyboard - and min-maxing only the newest spotify playlist while doing basicly the same DPS gets me every time.
    -

All classes suck on BFA, play what you like and pray for a better class design in 9.0

Classes that can tank, like DK, I only use for tanking. I do dps on them but as lowbie alts to switch it up. There are enough pure DPS classes IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by fragnot77 View Post
    Im abit fuzzed about the DK dps atm, and my motivation is dropping. Is it my gear thats on the bad side, or are DK's really near the bottom of the DPS ladder atm ?

https://safe-armory.com/character/pr...9ce6f4d4a13b57

At best, im simming 28k single target DPS over 5 min.

A friend of mine, a balance Druid with only 431 ilvl sim 38k over 5 mins. Thats a huge difference with only 5 ilvls apart.
    It's probably you.

I can't be bothered to simming your account since you didn't provide a name, but your 'safe' armory doesn't include enchants on rings, or neck talents, or a spec, so we have to go off your word that 28k is right but as a non-DK I feel like it's safe to say your traits are wrong too.

So with as little effort as possible I made a couple of clicks to take a random guild off rio that's killed 1/8M, I got lucky and the guild runs with 2 DK's, 1 of each spec and they both sim 38k+ based on their current armory profile.

The guild was called Kampai from US Ragnaros, the two DK's are Krowel the 434 ilvl UH DK and Tzar the 437 ilvl frost DK.

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    All classes suck on BFA, play what you like and pray for a better class design in 9.0
    How long are we going to do this?