Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    I came in #2 on our Zaqul attempt tonight. They probably feel our dmg is too high. I can only imagine the type of numbers people with pod/font/coral are pulling.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    I came in #2 on our Zaqul attempt tonight. They probably feel our dmg is too high. I can only imagine the type of numbers people with pod/font/coral are pulling.
    Well, maybe you are good, your guildmates aren't, the try was not very long or you were sent into the dmg phase. The numbers however certainly don't seem to indicate that Unholy needs a nerf:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...7&difficulty=4

(took hc data over the last week for bigger sample (post-buff), in Mythic Unholy is bottom 5 in 75th and bottom 3 in 90th percentile, wtf Blizzard?!)
    Last edited by Galathir; 2019-08-21 at 11:32 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Are you a WoW developer? Are you currently working for Blizzard? How do you know what's indicating a nerf exactly? Are you sure you aren't just looking at numbers and then making guesses based on nothing?

We got a 5% buff, that was enough to push me ahead of our Fury warrior who is good, WAY more geared than I am and frankly, has progressed further in the game than I have.
    This isn't a L2P, "maybe your guildies are bad and you're the best DK ever" thing, trust me.

Are you a WoW developer? Are you currently working for Blizzard? How do you know what's indicating a nerf exactly? Are you sure you aren't just looking at numbers and then making guesses based on nothing?

We got a 5% buff, that was enough to push me ahead of our Fury warrior who is good, WAY more geared than I am and frankly, has progressed further in the game than I have.
    This isn't a L2P, "maybe your guildies are bad and you're the best DK ever" thing, trust me.
    So your one anecdote from one boss non-mythic is better evidence than all data collected on warcraftlogs, got it.
    If your guild and its warrior are so good that you provide them as the ultimate evidence for balancing ingame why don't you have even hc clear?
    Last edited by Galathir; 2019-08-22 at 05:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    So your one anecdote from one boss non-mythic is better evidence than all data collected on warcraftlogs, got it.
    If your guild and its warrior are so good that you provide them as the ultimate evidence for balancing ingame why don't you have even hc clear?
    Msdos comments on a lot of posts about gameplay claiming he is really good but have sub-par achievements in PVP and PVE, I wouldn't take his comments to heart.

On another note Msdos please provide logs for the above statements if possible It should help clear a lot of this up.

This question is a matter of fact. At early bfa m+ were all about rogue mage dh dps, but now there are More classes are viable. If u want your dk to be amazing then just gear it up. I havent played after got 2k in 3v3 in s1, but you can do great numbers. I used to do a lot of 15+ runs on my dk. They were all successful.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustaclut0 View Post
    Msdos comments on a lot of posts about gameplay claiming he is really good but have sub-par achievements in PVP and PVE, I wouldn't take his comments to heart.

On another note Msdos please provide logs for the above statements if possible It should help clear a lot of this up.
    Clear what up? I'm not feeding in to your troll's narrative about how I think I'm the best DK on the planet, never claimed it. I'm pretty casual in retail. You can keep stalking all my posts like a fanboy, I really don't care. I don't care about logs and numbers and e-peen in this game, that's all you guys, you guys can jerk over your logs, I'm okay, concede defeat, you're cool and everyone loves you! Congrats on being on my block list!

No I never said that one anecdote trumps all log evidence, why would I? That's foolish. You're blowing my words out of proportion by taking everything literally as if I'm making hard, concrete statements about the over all state of the class or something, I'm not, I'm just adding in comments to the forum of discussion. Your problem is you wanna pick fights with people over minute details of data everytime someone says they do good in their runs, probably because you're on bottom in your runs.

Also you never answered my question about if you work at Blizzard and where your know-it-all attitude comes from?
    Last edited by msdos; 2019-08-26 at 12:59 PM.

Clear what up? I'm not feeding in to your troll's narrative about how I think I'm the best DK on the planet, never claimed it. I'm pretty casual in retail. You can keep stalking all my posts like a fanboy, I really don't care. I don't care about logs and numbers and e-peen in this game, that's all you guys, you guys can jerk over your logs, I'm okay, concede defeat, you're cool and everyone loves you! Congrats on being on my block list!

No I never said that one anecdote trumps all log evidence, why would I? That's foolish. You're blowing my words out of proportion by taking everything literally as if I'm making hard, concrete statements about the over all state of the class or something, I'm not, I'm just adding in comments to the forum of discussion. Your problem is you wanna pick fights with people over minute details of data everytime someone says they do good in their runs, probably because you're on bottom in your runs.

Also you never answered my question about if you work at Blizzard and where your know-it-all attitude comes from?
    You made a thread soliciting advice, and then when people give you advice you argue with them. It looks a bit like what you really wanted was validation, and when that didn't happen you're throwing a tantrum.

If you don't care about logs or numbers, then there's your answer for why your performance is sub-par. If a guild invited you knowing that, then it explains why theirs is too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustaclut0 View Post

Found him on warcraftlogs. From the logs he has he is a solid 50% in heroic EP so average at best?

Yeah right, no concrete statements about the state of the class:
    You see, it doesn't matter a single bit if I am number 1 or 15 on my damage meter because unlike you I don't use my personal raid experience to make comments about the state of class balance, I try to make these comments based on all data available to players.
    Also to me it looks like you were the one picking a fight. I checked your anecdote against all data available and provided possible explanations. You taunted me and questioned my expertise (because only experts can see that nerfing a specc that is already in the bottom third might not be a smart idea) saying my conclusions were all wrong and to just trust you about it.

Because I don't usually answer pointless taunts. I may just as well ask why you didn't answer my question.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2019-08-26 at 03:29 PM.

You see, it doesn't matter a single bit if I am number 1 or 15 on my damage meter because unlike you I don't use my personal raid experience to make comments about the state of class balance, I try to make these comments based on all data available to players.
    Unfortunately it's way too common that people claim "I top meters with X class, so the class is fine" while in casual content it's 90% skill disparity, 10% class balance, that's why it often looks "balanced" because the imbalances drown in the sea of skill diversity. A friend of mine beat a warlock in a pug with... a warlock of the same spec 20 ilvls less. Does that tell us anything about class balance? Nope. Just that the guy who got beaten either died to stupid shit, didn't get heals, or is horrible at executing his rotation and cooldowns. Or you can have a guy who is geared and skilled but instead of padding does all the bitch jobs (often happens in casual guilds that the only guy who is trustworthy enough to do bitch jobs is also the one that could do the most dps if the other people bothered to soak, swap to adds, etc.)

Unless you can ensure all other variables have the same value, then you can't compare 2 individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkfingers View Post
    You made a thread soliciting advice, and then when people give you advice you argue with them. It looks a bit like what you really wanted was validation, and when that didn't happen you're throwing a tantrum.

If you don't care about logs or numbers, then there's your answer for why your performance is sub-par. If a guild invited you knowing that, then it explains why theirs is too.
    Yes exactly he throws out statements giving advice on how to play and how good he is and then well I pull him up on it he shits himself and starts calling me a fan boy and saying im the one who is try harding haha

Honestly the internet is a strange place with odd people I don't take much notice but despise liars.

Also funny how he hasn't replied to you or Hellcleaver, typical internet troll who hides.

Ayyy the good old heroic raider experience, gotta love it.

lol i swear this topic comes up every expac, i even argued with some dude on the forums here during legion. if your dps sucks, it usually comes down to you sucking as a dk and not gearing properly, this is the case for most classes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcaard View Post
    lol i swear this topic comes up every expac, i even argued with some dude on the forums here during legion. if your dps sucks, it usually comes down to you sucking as a dk and not gearing properly, this is the case for most classes.
    I said the same thing and like 6 people started attacking me, digging up my logs, multi posting about me, ad homs everywhere, hilarious. According to these people, Demon Hunters and Rogues are the only things that aren't underpowered because those are the only things represented in Mythic raid and Mythic raid logs are all that matter. *shrugs*
    Last edited by msdos; 2020-01-27 at 11:40 AM.

I said the same thing and like 6 people started attacking me, digging up my logs, multi posting about me, ad homs everywhere, hilarious. According to these people, Demon Hunters and Rogues are the only things that aren't underpowered because those are the only things represented in Mythic raid and Mythic raid logs are all that matter. *shrugs*
    If you are bullshitting you may not want to do so on the very page of the thread that denies your allegations. "Last Jedi"-Luke Skywalker would have a field day with your post.