Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Woud certain races uniting their factions together in their own alliances excite you?

I wonder how you guys would feel if races like the night elves and their sub-groups and factions came into an alliance again, same with the Thalassian elves, the trolls as well.

It's not really about restoring the troll empire or the night elf empire or any such things, , it's groups and factions separated for various coming together to form an alliance. The humans formed an alliance in the 2nd war, it was not a massive human empire. It was an alliance of different nations/human factions with their own lives and activities, coming together racially for common interests.

The dwarves recently united but as an alliance of the clans which I thought that was pretty cool in cataclysm. But many of the other races aren't. Now I know you lot will have reasons why you think x faction can't unite with y faction though of the same race. But anything is possible in a creative project - remember how we saw blood elves join the horde? So it's not really about how this group will never come together with that group, let's just imagine somethinging happened and they did or a sub-faction of them did such that every sub-race group and faction

So this is what you have to consider coming together:

Night Elves: Darnassians with the Shen'dralar highborne Order & Wardens, Illidari (night elf stock), Moonguard, Farondis, Dreamwardens, Ravencrest undead, Emerald dream Worgen led by Ralaar Fangfire, the Nightborne, a faction of repentant Satyr, and Naga

Thalassians: Blood elves, Sunreavers, High elves, Silver Covenant, Void elves and their various factions, Wretched, San'layn, Fel elves (including Illidari blood elves), Darkfallen, Sunfury

Trolls: Zandalari, Darkspears, various Gurubashi tribes, various Amani tribes including Raventusk & Witherbark, Drakkari trolls, Sandfury and Farraki Trolls.

Remember, this is not them uniting into one people again, like before, just coming together racially to protect their race, forming an alliance of their own.
    Last edited by Mace; 2019-08-06 at 10:53 AM.

You forgot to add the Ren'dorei in your Thalassian alliance, unless you are suggesting they create their own empire by forcefully corrupting people with the Void. In which case, I'd be so down for that!
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Some it will be easier than others.

For the Thalassian elves, I think it would take the sunwell being threatened seriously again, possibly by the horde and alliance war to cause them to go enough is enough and band together - that can force an alliance between blood elf and high elf. Wretched i can see as an Elvenitarian project aimed at rehabilitating - wretched are nothing like withered. They are sentient, have intelligence, but were just overwhacked by the imbalnaces having no sunwell caused, so blizz can rope them in, give even a sub-race model, have them as the "poor" thalassian elves, the ex-addicts proper, even have the Thalassians have a new sort of lower class.

The san'layn I can see happening in DK like manner, no longer as slave to the lich king, a lot of their old nobility returns however it is countered by their thirst for blood but they still have some relations with thier original people - The other elves now a lot more use to the undead and having worked with some of the San'layan, i think would form an alliance with them if it meant Thalassians were all under threat. Darkfallen can happen only if Sylvanas grip on them is broken in which case they'd form a group and require the allegiance of their kin for protection or she comes to them.

The void elves I think don't need the sunwell as much, except for its arcane side, they get the rest from the void, but they are shown to actually really care for their people, so the only way this works is if new lore reveals something more about the relationship between void elf and sunwell, and it turns out that their presence is needed to protect the sunwell from void incursions. They would do anything to help their people, and if the horde is no longer an issue, they would.

As for Trolls: This is already happening under the Zandalari - so this is very easy to see. It might be a semi empire thing, but the troll tribes do do their own things.

Night elves: I feel because they are nearly extinct would want to come together. The presence of the reformed Highborne order amongst the Darnassians and the effort of 7.0, makes working with the nightborne in an alliance easy to see, You can see Moonguard, Farondis relating easily too. Dreamwardens wouldn't have a problem either, able to connect with their Cenarion circle Kalimdor kin through druidsm, the Wardens have been seen coming together with the Darnassians under Maiev again since the acitivites of 7.x and 8.1 . With the scythe of Elune and the progress with the Gilneans, it's also easy to see the Emerald Dream worgen able to reconnect with their kin. The Illidari I can see an alliance possible, even though they don't see eye to eye - they at least know now they're not Legion agents. redeemed Satyr and a naga would depend on the story, if elune conitnues to hear the cry of satyr and changes them, even if she partially changes them generating a new sub-race, this connects them to the priesthood of Elune which would have members from all the different factions, and so an alliance would be possible. For naga, you'd need some very convincing story, and not in their current form, cos that's definitley a different race, they'd need to have some sort of partially restored Night elven form. Maybe nearly like a night elf, but with some marks of sea customization like fins on their arms, ears, fingers, and possibly tentacles.

You forgot Cenarians - half night elf/stag people. And would furbolg be considered? Harpies too?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    You forgot to add the Ren'dorei in your Thalassian alliance, unless you are suggesting they create their own empire by forcefully corrupting people with the Void. In which case, I'd be so down for that!
    It's on my screen. Oh, he possibly added it after.

If Warcrafts lore wasn't told through an MMO, which has to stick to certain gameplay elements, I'm fairly certain that our current Horde and Alliance would look very different.

So yes, in theory I'd welcome the idea of changing up the factions, or at least tying some sub faction into the established ones. But from a gameplay perspective I just don't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    If Warcrafts lore wasn't told through an MMO, which has to stick to certain gameplay elements, I'm fairly certain that our current Horde and Alliance would look very different.

So yes, in theory I'd welcome the idea of changing up the factions, or at least tying some sub faction into the established ones. But from a gameplay perspective I just don't see it happening.
    I wonder if in some way they could arrange the races differently in lore, in a way that doesn't affect gameplay.

For example, if the trolls, and night elves and thalassians, decide they're going to come together themselves, and do their thing for the good of their people and possibly azeroth, and leave the orcs to continue with their "horde" and the humans their alliance. The players while members of their own races, and work for their own race's interest, also opt to still help out the horde or alliance, but now have the liberty to choose to participate with them or not to.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you ask me.. its a Huge missed opportunity... even since vanilla.. I tought it was so strange that in Warcraft 3 we played as the Warsong clan in Ashenvale and then in vanilla.. the clan identity of the orcs... was just gone...

Just think about it...

- The Orcs... have atleast 4 or 5 Original Clans that could be defined and done somehting with, (not talking about all of the Sub clans "lesser clans")

- The Night elfs... omg where to begin... the Mage order.. the Priest order... the sentinell.. the Huntresses... the druid order (with all of its differnt shapeshit groups)

- The Trolls... Jesus... there have to be more then 20 different bigger and smaller tribes around the world... (so much could be done)

- The Dwarfs... as for the orcs, they have so many clans that could be used as a background or anything else to give the players more identiy

- The Blood elfs... They have alot of Noble houses/families... this could be worked on and could be very interesting (so much drama and tention)

- The Humans... All of the Ancient kingdomes, we could work around all of the eastern kingdomes identity (that could be so fun?)

- The Worgen... In Lore we see that there are many Worgen clans spread out in the world some more feral then others (Example Silverpine forest)

- The Pandaren... Just look at pandaria and how many different kind of pandarens you see (here we could use the 4 demi-gods of pandaria as an Identity)

- The Taurens... With a race as ancient as the Tauren, many Tribes must have been made (Think about the difference between the Peacefull and the agreesive Tauren)

- The Goblins... THE CARTELS!!! This could be so interesting (just look at the difference between Galivix and Gazlow)

- The Draenai... they could have different Orders (Like Noble houses)... they are the most ancient and long living race we know of (here the immagination is the limits)

- The Undead... They could have Choosen Nobel houses... where its members are not bound by blood buy by Choice (Here the mind can go wild.. Open for ideas)

- - - Updated - - -

I think i miss read the titol, to me World of Warcraft is a very Racist game... and I like it... in Fiction we can be rasist and love our own race... to me the best thing about World of warcraft is that you can identify very easly which faction people are in.

So to your question, No, World of Warcraft is as Racist as it should be... and I love it!

PS: just to calm everyone, I am not a racist person in real life and I hate it in REAL LIFE... but Fiction is what it is... a fiction... here we can do thing we could never do in real life... (if you think about it... every player character is a mass... and I mean a MASS MURDERER)
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

I'd be more inclined to call it tribalism, even though today it's fashionable to smear everything as racism. Believing that your people are best and doing your part to ensure their survival or better yet, prosperity, is very logical behavior. This is especially true in a setting like WoW's.
    Last edited by Feanoro; 2019-08-08 at 03:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

I honestly would rather see a lot less of "factions". There is way too much emphasis on factions coming first ahead of everything else and it's pretty nonsensical. Alliances are fun and can lead to good storytelling, but it shouldn't be along the lines of these notions where faction trumps all.

For example, Dwarves and Humans has a long history as friend so it makes sense that they would be allies. What doesn't make sense is for the Dwarves to cede all power and independence to a the Humans. A more compelling story is that they are allies, but the political situation within Ironforge is one that they have to balance things delicately and still make sure their interests are met.

It would be great if your racial choice mattered to the narrative. Right now it really doesn't, only your faction choice does. Alliances and treaties should be more complex than just "hey we all have pointy ears, let's be friends!" There should be political, diplomatic, logistical and military reasons for these alliances.

No interest in it. I play both factions but I find the Night Elves absolutely boring, whereas the Blood Elves and Nightborne are much more interesting lore-wise. While Blood Elves represent a more evolved elf type, the Nightborne are aesthetically the more intriguing variant of the "night elf look." Night elves to me since shunning the Highborne/Nightborne mentality that led to the existence of the Blood Elves are nothing more than an evolved troll-like, tree-dwelling simpleton race that is a living, breathing example of foolish idealists that will go the way of the dodo (or more apt, the Darkspear trolls) if they don't get out of their own way and adapt to survive. Of course, having idiot leaders like Malfurion and Tyrande who are over 10,000 years old and more incompetent than an 18 year-old human king doesn't help. Let's see where this Night Warrior transformation takes them. Right now, bunchign all elf types into some union would be to the detriment of Blood Elves/Nightborne and their development.

Void Elves hardly deserve mention, as far as they go, to me, they exist only for game play reasons until they're properly integrated into lore in a meaningful way and Blizzard decides what the hell they want to do with High Elves.

Would really depend on a lot more of the story and reasoning than just some groups banding together....

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    If you ask me.. its a Huge missed opportunity... even since vanilla.. I tought it was so strange that in Warcraft 3 we played as the Warsong clan in Ashenvale and then in vanilla.. the clan identity of the orcs... was just gone...

Just think about it...

- The Orcs... have atleast 4 or 5 Original Clans that could be defined and done somehting with, (not talking about all of the Sub clans "lesser clans")

- The Night elfs... omg where to begin... the Mage order.. the Priest order... the sentinell.. the Huntresses... the druid order (with all of its differnt shapeshit groups)

- The Trolls... Jesus... there have to be more then 20 different bigger and smaller tribes around the world... (so much could be done)

- The Dwarfs... as for the orcs, they have so many clans that could be used as a background or anything else to give the players more identiy

- The Blood elfs... They have alot of Noble houses/families... this could be worked on and could be very interesting (so much drama and tention)

- The Humans... All of the Ancient kingdomes, we could work around all of the eastern kingdomes identity (that could be so fun?)

- The Worgen... In Lore we see that there are many Worgen clans spread out in the world some more feral then others (Example Silverpine forest)

- The Pandaren... Just look at pandaria and how many different kind of pandarens you see (here we could use the 4 demi-gods of pandaria as an Identity)

- The Taurens... With a race as ancient as the Tauren, many Tribes must have been made (Think about the difference between the Peacefull and the agreesive Tauren)

- The Goblins... THE CARTELS!!! This could be so interesting (just look at the difference between Galivix and Gazlow)

- The Draenai... they could have different Orders (Like Noble houses)... they are the most ancient and long living race we know of (here the immagination is the limits)

- The Undead... They could have Choosen Nobel houses... where its members are not bound by blood buy by Choice (Here the mind can go wild.. Open for ideas)
    Tauren have Taunka, Highmountain, Yaungol - clans, they also have Bloodhoof, Grimtotem as just two amongst what I reckon is several clans.

I would really wrap Gilnean worgen with the human kingdoms, then restore the night elf worgens and they be a faction of the Night Elf group.

The Draenei could also be speciality based like the night elves, they have arcane users, but also arcano crystals and tech mages, light users, Auchindouin death/shadow speakers, - then ofc there is more lore for Broken, Kroku, and hat about the Eredar illidari too.

Blood elves have so much more, you have the high elves, Silver covenant, Sunreavers, Reliquary, Farstriders, Magisters, Blood Knights, you have the San'layn which could embody the Blood elf DKs, The Fel elves too could be the blood elf illidari breaking away and recruiting Fel elves lost from the legion defeat or those who were distorrted badly by fel but weren't loyal ot the legion - they could spin a whole story there. you also have restored Wretched. The sunwell must have allowed these some form of recovery and a way to wean them off magic and recoup - they could be a new thalassian sub-race with a more underclass vibe, almost like the new lower class of Quel'thalas. Then there are the void elves that could be the main void shadow caster faction. It could look really good.

If you were playing the Thalassian faction . you could play a Blood elf, a high elf, a void elf, a san'layn, a darkfallen, a rehabilitated wretched ( unique sub - race)

Undeads - could be liek an entire nation with undeads of every race, though humans make the largest group. Followed by elves - as they had the biggest genocides by undead forces.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    I think i miss read the titol, to me World of Warcraft is a very Racist game... and I like it... in Fiction we can be rasist and love our own race... to me the best thing about World of warcraft is that you can identify very easly which faction people are in.

So to your question, No, World of Warcraft is as Racist as it should be... and I love it!

PS: just to calm everyone, I am not a racist person in real life and I hate it in REAL LIFE... but Fiction is what it is... a fiction... here we can do thing we could never do in real life... (if you think about it... every player character is a mass... and I mean a MASS MURDERER)
    I read the topic as being more about races. i think he meant each race gathering all it's individual factioins/and sub-group and becoming a faction of its own.

So if all h umans get together - it would be Stormwind, Kul'tiras, Gilneas, Arathor, ossibly Dalaran in a faction. You could addthe dwarvesand gnomes to that to keep something like the old alliance together or you could put them separately. I would add the gnomes to the dwarves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Would really depend on a lot more of the story and reasoning than just some groups banding together....
    Yeh, would be interesting on the stories you could write that brings some of these groups togehter, could easily make a new levelling experience from 1-60

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    No interest in it. I play both factions but I find the Night Elves absolutely boring, whereas the Blood Elves and Nightborne are much more interesting lore-wise. While Blood Elves represent a more evolved elf type, the Nightborne are aesthetically the more intriguing variant of the "night elf look." Night elves to me since shunning the Highborne/Nightborne mentality that led to the existence of the Blood Elves are nothing more than an evolved troll-like, tree-dwelling simpleton race that is a living, breathing example of foolish idealists that will go the way of the dodo (or more apt, the Darkspear trolls) if they don't get out of their own way and adapt to survive. Of course, having idiot leaders like Malfurion and Tyrande who are over 10,000 years old and more incompetent than an 18 year-old human king doesn't help. Let's see where this Night Warrior transformation takes them. Right now, bunchign all elf types into some union would be to the detriment of Blood Elves/Nightborne and their development.
    Well this is the current thing in the forums. Some of us insist that the Nightborne was exactly what the night elves needed, a piece of their lore that expanded and diversified bringing so much of what was only in books to life in the game, and that should have gone to playable race. Many were disappointed because the night elves who needed a bit of glamour from their arcane side.

The upside is while the nightborne are gone for now, the night elves still have their highborne order, and blizzard would just need to make that faction more appealing visually to reflect that part of the night elves they represent. Like the nightborne are doing.

this was what perplexed me, the blood elves didn't really need the nightborne - sure it was nice, but they didn't need a fancy arcane city or adept arcane elves, they are already that, and the hord e has that through them, so it's the night elves that needed their own stuff. What they could have done was taken some nightborne over tot he blood elves to provide them with a race that was like them, but kept the rest and the night elf City of Suramar for the night elves, making it their new capital and the capital of the highborne.

The alternative, is to do a new night elf city and show off the highborne, let it have tha Zin'Ashari look, and make the highborne look cool, but also extremely smart, creative and effective. Add the Moonguard leaders to trian more battle mages, and show them as extremely effective. Let them come out with a few visible wonders that show why they were the ones that made the former Queen's demands a reality. Also give them more pedigree background story - I would restore Farondis, and have him lead them. He's already got the background story, we know the character, and if we ant the highborne order of the Darnassians to be defined by the character Farondis showed, that pre-addiction highborne, before they got arrogant, the ones who were more like the nobles you expected of the kaldorei - like Ravencrest.. it would fit.

With the highborne being visibly highlighted like the nightborne were, it would generate a similar feel to players making the night elves feel more varied and not just be about a rugged war ravaged people that the druids and demon hunters, hunters and sentinels so far have that image to them. The nightborne don't at all, so the highborne would.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be all for a all Elven faction (I love Elves and this would probably be the only way we'd see High Elves)....you'd think even the haters would be all for that so they could get Elves out of their factions. Could probably also go for a Troll faction if they decided to unite the various groups and add more beyond Darkspear and Zandalari.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Well this is the current thing in the forums. Some of us insist that the Nightborne was exactly what the night elves needed, a piece of their lore that expanded and diversified bringing so much of what was only in books to life in the game, and that should have gone to playable race. Many were disappointed because the night elves who needed a bit of glamour from their arcane side.

The upside is while the nightborne are gone for now, the night elves still have their highborne order, and blizzard would just need to make that faction more appealing visually to reflect that part of the night elves they represent. Like the nightborne are doing.

this was what perplexed me, the blood elves didn't really need the nightborne - sure it was nice, but they didn't need a fancy arcane city or adept arcane elves, they are already that, and the hord e has that through them, so it's the night elves that needed their own stuff. What they could have done was taken some nightborne over tot he blood elves to provide them with a race that was like them, but kept the rest and the night elf City of Suramar for the night elves, making it their new capital and the capital of the highborne.

The alternative, is to do a new night elf city and show off the highborne, let it have tha Zin'Ashari look, and make the highborne look cool, but also extremely smart, creative and effective. Add the Moonguard leaders to trian more battle mages, and show them as extremely effective. Let them come out with a few visible wonders that show why they were the ones that made the former Queen's demands a reality. Also give them more pedigree background story - I would restore Farondis, and have him lead them. He's already got the background story, we know the character, and if we ant the highborne order of the Darnassians to be defined by the character Farondis showed, that pre-addiction highborne, before they got arrogant, the ones who were more like the nobles you expected of the kaldorei - like Ravencrest.. it would fit.

With the highborne being visibly highlighted like the nightborne were, it would generate a similar feel to players making the night elves feel more varied and not just be about a rugged war ravaged people that the druids and demon hunters, hunters and sentinels so far have that image to them. The nightborne don't at all, so the highborne would.
    I think the 'lore' reason for this are Void elves, Humans, and High elves. While Blizzard could expand on Night elven magic, I think they felt the niche was already fulfilled by too many races on the Alliance. Of course NE magic has its own flavor, but blizzard has always used Thalassians or Humans to counter Horde magi. In addition to this, I feel the writers intentionally robbed NEs of their arcane heritage by making Nightborne. This would allow them to zero in on their contrast against other elves and stream line their representation. Similar to removing warlock abilities to create the demon hunter.

Now I don't think it's necessarily a good thing, but NEs seem to be heading towards a tree shaped cookie cutter for the sake of simplicity.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    You know what? Yes. Sylvanas' Horde and everything around it (Saurfang and Baine included) have turned into such an insufferable mess that I would gladly see all Trolls of Azeroth finally reunite in Zandalar, maybe rebuilding even some of their ruined cities and territories and show the middle finger to factions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    I think the 'lore' reason for this are Void elves, Humans, and High elves. While Blizzard could expand on Night elven magic, I think they felt the niche was already fulfilled by too many races on the Alliance. Of course NE magic has its own flavor, but blizzard has always used Thalassians or Humans to counter Horde magi. In addition to this, I feel the writers intentionally robbed NEs of their arcane heritage by making Nightborne. This would allow them to zero in on their contrast against other elves and stream line their representation. Similar to removing warlock abilities to create the demon hunter.

Now I don't think it's necessarily a good thing, but NEs seem to be heading towards a tree shaped cookie cutter for the sake of simplicity.
    It seems, so and like Kyphael noted, it's boring. It may be the price of having just 2 big factions, so you only show certain races for certain things, even though other races have similar things in theory and sometimes even better ones. It's long been a tradition to show humans as the visible units for most of the alliance even in areas where other races in lore excel over them. On the one hand it makes snese lore wise as these races (like night elves/draenei) are less involved with the alliance), but on the other hand it stifles their diversity and makes them too bland.

Now if the night elves were their own faction, blizzard could bring that bit out strongly. But you made a point Rozz, this is what the nightborne were, which is why losing them to the horde was such a loss to the night elves, a far bigger one than a lot of people realise. My brother and I kinda think "and for what? so the horde could have another pretty and be more elven? or blood elves get a friend in the horde?" - it may town to be a steep price to pay, if night elves regress back entirely to the long vigil state that has dominated their image - and frankly not interested people much.

The forest elf is just not appealing enough, which is why when the night elf was designed he was set up to be/become the best of both the dark elves and the forest elves - giving something unique and a bit more varied. Whiles if the nightborne were with the Night elves, it would be fine for most of the night elves to be that forest elf half, because the nightborne would be with them representing that arcane dark elf half and together they would show the full flavour of the night elves. But on the horde, there is no connection with the night elves. Because of the Faction divide, all of a sudden the nightborne forget their common ground and being saved twice by their kin, not to mention owing their cities survival to the very brave efforts of the Darnassians who were the ones that pushed forward to Zin'Azsharai giving their city breathing space. Then 10k years later, it is their night elf kin curing their fatal addiction, building their resistance, and in the second part just as equally involved as the blood elves they would later join.

The story could not have been more perfect for the kaldorei. With it gone, blizzard have to decide what they wanna do, pidgeon hole night elves to that one-track image niche letting them die only to be a niche race rather than the much broader and glorious original image. Or ensure that doesn't happen in one of two ways. Option 1 - is build up the in-game image and presentation of the highborne order to be what the nightborne were going to be, Option 2 - use the nightborne in their original capacity which can happen in several ways, one of which is making the nightborne have an alliance story through the events of the War of thorns or leaving htem all horde, but removing the faction segregation or importance by writing the nightborne as valuing their kin above the faction - so putting elven kind, including their night elf kin above the conflicts of the horde and alliance, writing very kaldorei story and lore for them - i.e. when we see nightborne we are back in night elf story and affairs that the horde players can now feel a part off and they can actually work with alliance night elves, just like void elf lore is very much Thalassian elf lore and alliance players get a piece of the Thalassians now through them, not just retroactively, but actively because Silvermoon, Quel'thalas is still very much on the hearts of the void elves.

It's clear to me this homgenising of wow races effectively turning into into 2 races where a race is just a cosmetic option rather than anything meaningful is where they were going. Part of me hopes they would because it will just kill the most unique part of wow and make it far less appealing to me, and boy would I have much more time to devote to more important things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    You know what? Yes. Sylvanas' Horde and everything around it (Saurfang and Baine included) have turned into such an insufferable mess that I would gladly see all Trolls of Azeroth finally reunite in Zandalar, maybe rebuilding even some of their ruined cities and territories and show the middle finger to factions.
    Actually, I would agree here. It's how I feel about the Alliance. It's become so bland and monotone, night elves are just humans with different skins for all the racial diversity they get which is none. They even now have full alliance uniform kits - it's not a night elf sentinels, or night elf highborne fighting, it's alliance warriors and alliance mages - it's just boring.

I think if the races had campaigns they did, and their main focus was their story and their goals, not the alliance or horde, Warcraft would be far more interesting. pvp could happen when races clash with other racs, and players could pick sides, meanwhile main story arcs would involve the relevant groups to it, and no one would feel left out because the race campaigns assured that.

@Rozz The horde and alliance can create issues, especially in this case when they took a key part of the night elf lore over to the horde, that the night elves needed, but because it's on the horde, their rules mean it can't play a part of the night elves (which I feel is a stupid rule).. this then necessitates either the role of the nightborne redone for the night elves properly in their highborne so they get their own version - which is work, or they don't bother, leaving the race lacklustre because the prize portion meant for it never got to it, and they wouldn't make exceptions to their rules - like allow the nightborne to be on the ohrde but still work with the night elves (for example, either wholly or splitting them internally such that some operate with the kaldorei while some operate with the sin''dorei, but only the horde get to play them - something that wouldn't matter if you could play any faction with your toon._

no.

not in wow and their shit writing of the last few years. it will just offer another great platform to fuck up stuff on highest level and make the game even more shitty. and they WILL fuck it up.

while you have some great ideas in mind and imagine how cool that could be in game, you have no glue how derailed that shit will look like, after THEY have implemented it in game and how much another damage this will do to the game.

look, if you told ppl 2 years ago that „sylvanas will become a morally grey character with a dedicated intention, she offered saurfang, to prevent world from being in an endless war and therefore safe the horde“ the idea and its ramifications sounded great and differentiated. and now look what blizz has done with it and how it is implemented in game and to what it derailed.

so, i try it the Captain Brack way:

YOU JUST DO NOT KNOW, THAT YOU DO NOT WANT THAT BLIZZ TRIES TO IMPLEMENT THAT IN GAME.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2019-08-09 at 09:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    No. I don't want to see the Silver Covenant being forgiven for Dalaran for starters and I hate the idea of Elven unification.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you and anigma keep making the same kind of thread over and over again with basically the same thing

* nighborne who should join the allaince
    * elves should band under the alliance flag
    * high elves exiles join the allaince.

You see what I mean? The very things you guys keep bringing up we already have a thread for it where you can ask these thibg with mind liked people. --> high elf thread.

There is no need for repeating threads with the same people.
    -snip-
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-08-09 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Don't reference moderation to agitate another user.

I had expected the factions shattering into individual races but this as an alternative would be interesting. Though the call for like 50 more allied races seems inevitable given that list.