Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    So I just read that Blizzard nerfed Outlaw big-time, changing Blade Fury spell?

Crap.

I was just getting into my Rogue and getting comfortable with Outlaw. Now everyone saying due to the nerf this week, the spec blows now. Is that true?

Or do I just go Assassin?
    It won't be that big of an issue. Outlaw was ridiculous good at aoe without any real effort for it. Its still really good at aoe, just more in line with other specs that are still really good at aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    So I just read that Blizzard nerfed Outlaw big-time, changing Blade Fury spell?

Crap.

I was just getting into my Rogue and getting comfortable with Outlaw. Now everyone saying due to the nerf this week, the spec blows now. Is that true?

Or do I just go Assassin?
    Unless you raid mythic or run high keys in M+, don't bother, 99% of the game can be completed with any class/spec.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Did a Mythic 0 in Assassin and I love the spec a lot, but... energy regen just not fun, lots of times I'm waiting for energy to pool back up. And I'm using the talents recommended for quicker regen.

Went back to Outlaw, ran Darshore WF, and it was smooth sailing, always energy available, and just smoother rotation.

Maybe I'll go back to Assassin in 9.0

- - - Updated - - -

I've been playing my Rogue specs all in M+ AOE talents and rotation.

Maybe I should try Assassin as single target Raid spec, see what's that like?

If you want to have a button to press every available moment, Assassination is not for you, indeed.
    -Voltaire
    winning

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    If you want to have a button to press every available moment, Assassination is not for you, indeed.
    Ok, please say more. Really.

I'm so used to classes where it's warp speed attacking, buttons proc lots of times, and spells ready one after another.

I can adjust, I just didn't know that Assassin was like this? Slowly build up energy, then use the 5 point finisher spell, and then start again, SLOWLY building up energy

It gets better with better equip, but in essence, assassination is not mashing buttons. Either stick to Outlaw or try Sub, lots of things to do too, but Sub is unforgiving when deciding wrong.
    -Voltaire
    winning

Maybe I'll stick with outlaw for my m+ and world quest spec.

And just use assassin for raiding single target stuff

"Looking for non-stealth Rogue gameplay"

Look what the outstanding (/s) Legion/BFA class design has reduced us to....
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams