Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    If all you're doing is PvE, then where does the stealth come into play? I mean I know vanish is part of the rotation for sub/Ass, but you're never really stealthed during a boss fight. Regardless of whatever spec you play as a rogue, when it comes to PvE, you're probably in stealth for less than 1% of the fight. What it really comes down to is what type of playstyle you want. If you like the button mashing of fury, then you'll probably prefer outlaw even though it's getting a significant nerf to blade flurry. Otherwise you could go ass/sub which are more about setup rather than just button mashing. If your CD's are about to be up, you'll have to make sure you've pooled some energy and are ready to dump it during your burst window.

So if stealth is a hindering factor when playing a class, especially if all you plan on doing is low keystones and LFR, just play w/e you feel is most fun. Like as an example for ass, you'd open out of stealth with a garrote or 4-5 combo rupture or 5 point eviscerate. Outside of that and using vanish for 5 point ruptures, you don't use stealth again.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Burst should also be measure over a period of at least 30 seconds. One ability that does 62k damage cannot be defined as burst if the overall dps only is around 30-40 k dps.
    Guy is pretty fckin clueless.

And I seriously doubt he did 80k Killing Spree just by swapping from Assa to OUTLAW (not Combat). He's banned, but I don't think he'd provide any evidence either.

I would really wanna see his 'raid group' to check why he is the best burster there with outlaw rogue lol. If an outlaw is the best burst in your raid, your raid fckin sucks donkey dick.

But I guess he'll live out his delusions while he's banned for the next 3 days or so.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2019-08-11 at 12:56 PM.

So I just read that Blizzard nerfed Outlaw big-time, changing Blade Fury spell?

Crap.

I was just getting into my Rogue and getting comfortable with Outlaw. Now everyone saying due to the nerf this week, the spec blows now. Is that true?

Or do I just go Assassin?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post

Crap.

I was just getting into my Rogue and getting comfortable with Outlaw. Now everyone saying due to the nerf this week, the spec blows now. Is that true?

It won't be that big of an issue. Outlaw was ridiculous good at aoe without any real effort for it. Its still really good at aoe, just more in line with other specs that are still really good at aoe.

Crap.

Unless you raid mythic or run high keys in M+, don't bother, 99% of the game can be completed with any class/spec.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    not quite Batman
    winning
    "A stick is a love letter that hasn't been made into paper yet."
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Crap.

No - Outlaw will still be a top DPS for M+, just not brokenly OP.

Did a Mythic 0 in Assassin and I love the spec a lot, but... energy regen just not fun, lots of times I'm waiting for energy to pool back up. And I'm using the talents recommended for quicker regen.

Went back to Outlaw, ran Darshore WF, and it was smooth sailing, always energy available, and just smoother rotation.

Maybe I'll go back to Assassin in 9.0

- - - Updated - - -

I've been playing my Rogue specs all in M+ AOE talents and rotation.

Maybe I should try Assassin as single target Raid spec, see what's that like?

If you want to have a button to press every available moment, Assassination is not for you, indeed.
    -Voltaire
    not quite Batman
    winning

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    If you want to have a button to press every available moment, Assassination is not for you, indeed.
    Ok, please say more. Really.

I'm so used to classes where it's warp speed attacking, buttons proc lots of times, and spells ready one after another.

I can adjust, I just didn't know that Assassin was like this? Slowly build up energy, then use the 5 point finisher spell, and then start again, SLOWLY building up energy

It gets better with better equip, but in essence, assassination is not mashing buttons. Either stick to Outlaw or try Sub, lots of things to do too, but Sub is unforgiving when deciding wrong.
    -Voltaire
    not quite Batman
    winning

Maybe I'll stick with outlaw for my m+ and world quest spec.

And just use assassin for raiding single target stuff