MAGA - your thoughts

What do you think Blizz could do to make affliction great again in Mythic +? It has been my favourite spec for years but it feels garbage at the minute especially from how dreamy (OP) it was in Legion

Seeing the comments in this post from people who don't read past the title is going to be funny.

I just want combat to not be over in moments. Ramp-up has no place in WoW anymore and affliction is all about ramp-up. Sure I miss OP burst AoE and sure they could fix everything by just giving Affliction Soul Flame passively (rip) but I think the problem is just more of an issue with WoW's combat being too bursty and frontloaded these days. Affliction is I think one of if not the only class with a ramp mechanic at all.

If they don't want to do that...just give us back Soul Flame. It was thematic, it was fun, and it really fit the feel of Affliction being a soul harvester.

Buffing seed of corruption and/or sow the seeds substantially could be enough to make it good.

Quote Originally Posted by meekus View Post
    Buffing seed of corruption and/or sow the seeds substantially could be enough to make it good.
    Yeah, I was thinking something like this, Soul Flame would be great too. Basically, anything to boost our AOE. Vile Taint is great if you have a decent group but in the majority of circumstances, it's not worth dropping Phantom Singularity for.

Quote Originally Posted by Waldor666 View Post
    What do you think Blizz could do to make affliction great again in Mythic +? It has been my favourite spec for years but it feels garbage at the minute especially from how dreamy (OP) it was in Legion
    The problem that I see, is the dilemma of people wanting class inhomogeneity but still want their respective specs to be able to excel in every aspect of the game.

As a dot spec, Affliction should - by Blizzard current design philosophy - not have very high burst dps in either single target or AOE. This is of course a problem especially in lower M+ dungeons (around +10 keys) as mobs die very quickly.

So I think we need to decide what we want. Do we want inhomogeneous classes/specs which are bad and good at different aspects of the game (e.g. affliction: Bad in M+, Good in raids) or do we want more homogeneous classes/specs where players can play whatever spec they like in all content and be as good as each other at everything?

Quote Originally Posted by meekus View Post
    If you want to spam 1 aoe-button most of the dungeon maybe affliction is not the spec you should be playing

Quote Originally Posted by Violetti View Post
    If you want to spam 1 aoe-button most of the dungeon maybe affliction is not the spec you should be playing
    I didn't mind how it played in Legion tbh. But how would you fix affliction then? Dots alone are never gonna be competetive against the burst damage of most other classes.

Give us Soul Flame back as a talent in the lvl 45(?) row as an option...maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I just want combat to not be over in moments. Ramp-up has no place in WoW anymore and affliction is all about ramp-up. Sure I miss OP burst AoE and sure they could fix everything by just giving Affliction Soul Flame passively (rip) but I think the problem is just more of an issue with WoW's combat being too bursty and frontloaded these days. Affliction is I think one of if not the only class with a ramp mechanic at all.
    I would agree in general (although there are actually several specs that require ramp up...especially if there are any delays between pulls). Blizz has changed the flow of the game, but hasn't changed the specs (especially most casters) to fit into that flow.

Stood in the Fire
    They can make Nightfall also affect Seed of Corruption (free and instant) for starters. And they should rework and bring back that SoC azerite trait.

The Affliction AoE burst rotation in Legion was excellent with

- Applying agony
    - Triggering Sephuz
    - Casting SoC
    - Shard sniping

So much fun to play.

Bring back glyphed soul swap!

Ok aside from that, drop PS entirely and buff sow the seeds. I don't expect Aff to be as good as it was with its artifact weapon, but it needs to be better than trash tier on AoE. Until then I'll keep going Demo for M+