Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Immortal Fahrenheit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    7,065
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    You could have stopped at YouTuber.
    Wise words.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

    Sovereign
    Mass Effect

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    everyone has dealbreakers. im SURE you have some as well, outside of "the game isnt good". having no dealbreakers is actually a problem, because that goes into full fanatic territory.

    i wouldnt have bought borderlands anyway, so it doesnt affect me at all. but it still gives me pause to think how far some publishers go to try and ruin their image.
    But the reaction of some people is so over the top that you would think that some publishers killed there first born.

  3. #123
    I'm surprised people care enough for this to get to page 7.

  4. #124
    Bloodsail Admiral Capo dei capi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Outer Heaven, South Africa
    Posts
    1,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I'm surprised people care enough for this to get to page 7.
    I 'm not ... the past 3 -5 years in the gaming industry has shown ppl get outraged at anything big gaming companies do that they don 't agree with ... and this situation tugs on many ppl 's moral heart strings

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Everyone’s go to excuse when I call them out, because it’s so hard to practice effective communication.

    If a reader has to assume what you mean then you have failed to communicate.

    That’s one of the reasons there is constant arguing and bickering on these forums instead of actual discussions.
    If you have problems understanding, get consultation to help.

    Lets deconstruct:
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    "Blizzard" always has great art and sound direction. The gameplay is not so good, on average. Thus how it "is".
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    You love to pass off your words on subjective matters as facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    You exist on a subjective forum.
    Accept that others have differing opinions.
    Do people really need to put "IMO" before every statement, or, at some point, can it be assumed? .. [where matters are subjective?]
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Everyone’s go to excuse when I call them out, because it’s so hard to practice effective communication.
    If a reader has to assume what you mean then you have failed to communicate.
    That’s one of the reasons there is constant arguing and bickering on these forums instead of actual discussions.
    (lol)

    You originally said my opinion of "Blizzard"'s art and sound direction was subjective. I stood my ground.

    Then you proceeded to mention I failed to communicate. Mentioning how improper communication is why this forum has become a mess. Did I miss anything, or did I really make you look bad?
    Last edited by Vineri; 2019-08-15 at 12:43 AM.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I doubt any one really cares or won’t buy the game because some YouTube got questioned about leaks.
    This.

    I couldn't care less about youtubers anyway.

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    If you have problems understanding, get consultation to help.

    Lets deconstruct:





    (lol)

    You originally said my opinion of "Blizzard"'s art and sound direction was subjective. I stood my ground.

    Then you proceeded to mention I failed to communicate. Mentioning how improper communication is why this forum has become a mess. Did I miss anything, or did I really make you look bad?
    All you did was copy and paste what was posted.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    All you did was copy and paste what was posted.
    I guess the other commentary flew right over your head. Give it up man / madam.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    I guess the other commentary flew right over your head. Give it up man / madam.
    You are right it’s a lost cause.

  10. #130
    Most people don't care about online "controversies" and will buy the game anyway

    /shrug
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    LFR saved raiding
    Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    LFR is not really easy. I would say it's a lot harder thant Mythic Dungeons
    get_a_load_of_this_guy_cam.jpg

  11. #131
    The Patient CrawlFromThePit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    The Depths Bellow
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Again i lol'd hard because there will be no boycott. Look how boycott for Anthem ended.
    Exactly. These internet kids are so disconnected with reality, they don't realize only a very small minority of people actually follow that kind of crap. The vast majority of people are just random Johns coming from work and buying a new game to play in their free time, they don't follow it, barely know when it comes out, don't watch weird ass content about it and never talk about it on forums either.

    And that doesn't even count the fact that a lot of people who are aware of the boycott won't even do it either. You end up with a boycott of... hmmm I would say 0.3 to 0.7% of total sales.

    Good job guys, really defeating the evil corporations.
    Cure cancer, delete factions.

  12. #132
    The Lightbringer Blade Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Futa Heaven
    Posts
    3,109
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Most people don't care about online "controversies" and will buy the game anyway

    /shrug
    Most people don't care that they are treated as mindless cattle by the game industry.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

  13. #133
    Scarab Lord Mister Cheese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,452
    Supmatto's channel has been deleted and it's unclear if 2k or youtube was involved in that. Also Fl4k's voice actor is going around bitching at people on twitter for refusing to use his character's proper prounouns "they/them". Even though Fl4k is a fucking robot.

    Oh yeah and no pre-load because the EGS doesn't have that feature even though every other storefront including consoles has it.

    What's the next stupid thing that will happen to this game?
    Last edited by Mister Cheese; 2019-08-15 at 09:45 PM.

  14. #134
    it is not the role of content creators and news media to protect game companies secrets and info for them. (though that thing he did with the subscription to a discord channel for more reveals was pushing it on his part)

    Nothing he revealed was a "secret" let alone a "Trade secret" which is major private info or internal designs/activity meant to kept from competitors. Not this. Their internal company rules/policies do not apply to the rest of the world.

    Not even the first time 2k has done something like this. This is a way over the top reaction by them.

    Its very unhealthy for the industry for game companies/publishers to unfairly nuke anyone they dont like. The amount of copyright claims hitting all his videos, most not related to anything is ridiculous.

    We'll just be left with butt kissing stooges on youtube if thats the case.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2019-08-16 at 03:22 PM.

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Supmatto's channel has been deleted and it's unclear if 2k or youtube was involved in that.
    Its 100% clear that they were involved with it. The false strikes originated from them, and they admitted as such.

    Most of these videos were Borderlands 2 and general history of the setting that had been up for years with no copyright issues.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    We'll just be left with butt kissing stooges on youtube if thats the case.
    ok, let's be clear. the youtuber in question was a 100% superfan butt kissing stooge.

    Which is why this "shocks" me.

    If this is what they do to their superfans, why would anyone but a total shill stream/youtube content about any of their franchises.

    I mean, its !@#$ing absurd that a company can stalk you down in real life and then wipe out the last few years of your work because you didn't respond to their threats. Even when reporters have been imprisoned by the government to get at their sources, the government didn't go around wiping out their past articles and publications. That's 1984-level BS.

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Its 100% clear that they were involved with it. The false strikes originated from them, and they admitted as such.

    Most of these videos were Borderlands 2 and general history of the setting that had been up for years with no copyright issues.

    - - - Updated - - -



    ok, let's be clear. the youtuber in question was a 100% superfan butt kissing stooge.

    Which is why this "shocks" me.

    If this is what they do to their superfans, why would anyone but a total shill stream/youtube content about any of their franchises.

    I mean, its !@#$ing absurd that a company can stalk you down in real life and then wipe out the last few years of your work because you didn't respond to their threats. Even when reporters have been imprisoned by the government to get at their sources, the government didn't go around wiping out their past articles and publications. That's 1984-level BS.
    Bottom line. Don't try and sell leaks through a paywall to milk your fans.

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    Bottom line. Don't try and sell leaks through a paywall to milk your fans.
    This seems to be the bottom line at the end of the day. 2K isn't going to turn a blind eye just because someone is a superfan, if you cross the line like that they're not going to fuck around. I agree that the excessive and seemingly malicious use of copyright strikes is crossing the line for the company and scummy, but their frustration with his behavior is totally reasonable.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This seems to be the bottom line at the end of the day. 2K isn't going to turn a blind eye just because someone is a superfan, if you cross the line like that they're not going to fuck around. I agree that the excessive and seemingly malicious use of copyright strikes is crossing the line for the company and scummy, but their frustration with his behavior is totally reasonable.
    Funny, cuz they turn a blind eye towards gaming magazines that report on rumors everyday, and last I heard gaming mags weren't nonprofit. I guess it's ok if you're a complete and total shill though.

    But to cut to the chase, if say ... "Edge-", found out that I ran a discord channel where people could pay a couple bucks and chat directly with me and other superfans of Edge-, about the latest rumors and goings on in Edge-'s life. Does that give Edge- a reason to hire thugs to trespass into my home and threaten me to expose how I found out about all their weird habits ? Does that give Edge- a reason to spend nearly a year conspiring with my employer to "fire me" without cause ?

    If Edge- thinks something I did was creepy or illegal, Edge- should have reported it to the cops, or had any of the dozens of lawyers Edge- apparently has on staff to issue a C&D or get a restraining order. That's not what happened here, though.

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Funny, cuz they turn a blind eye towards gaming magazines that report on rumors everyday, and last I heard gaming mags weren't nonprofit. I guess it's ok if you're a complete and total shill though.
    There's the flaw in your argument. Game magazines report on rumor, SupMatto was charging for actual leaks.
    Expansion leak claiming Legion is the last expansion
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    NO it will be me laughing at how you doubted this....
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    I was right

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    There's the flaw in your argument. Game magazines report on rumor, SupMatto was charging for actual leaks.
    There's a flaw in your argument. Supmatto was never charged and its literally impossible for him to leak trade secrets. As someone outside the company the secrets were leaked the moment they came into contact with him.

    Its also important to note that journalists routinely report on leaks. That's just basic journalism. Its even in the name of a certain website the President is fond of.
    Last edited by Halicia; 2019-08-16 at 10:04 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •