Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Couple of different factors, how big pulls and overall damage in group often make quite the difference. 30k overall for a 430 is enough for a 10, but can do quite a lot more with a good group, good pulls etc.

Depends on how bad you want to be at the rest of the necessary skills, really.

I think 15k or lower is the limit, where things start to break, even if you play all the mechanics perfectly.
    With an average 20k you can make the run in time, but a misspull or a couple of ignored boss mechanics will easily tank your run.
    25k and you can allow yourself some, but not that many mistakes without missing the timer. Which is when m+ is the most fun IMO.

And 30k+ just means you are outgearing the content by so much that failing becomes harder to achieve than just clearing the dungeon. I would suggest doing higher keys, so that you dont get bored to death at this point^^
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

this depends entirely on key level, dungeon, affixes, group comp, and how the tank pulls so there's not one answer... 'good' DPS is the DPS that times the key.
    Last edited by Deaged; 2019-08-13 at 11:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like others have said, 25K is a good number for comfortably timing a +10.

@op Dont trust ilvl i end up in this group with 415ilvl people this week ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    @op Dont trust ilvl i end up in this group with 415ilvl people this week ^^
    We're talking overall at the end of the dungeon once it's cleared, not some random aoe pull at the peak of burst.

Quote Originally Posted by kek280 View Post
    We're talking overall at the end of the dungeon once it's cleared, not some random aoe pull at the peak of burst.
    You should take a closer look on that picture (hint: deaths, time, progress left)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    To be clear if you're seriously asking what kind of dps you should be doing in a 10 you're not good at the game.
    You don't understand this thread. We just had a new ilvl increase, and during this, a lot of min/maxing is very off for newer people. Some people at 420 is crushing other people with same ilvl, cause they had time to really polish their traits and stats on their gear, and have optimal trinkets for m+.
    I have invited several 417/420 lately, and found their dps to be pretty awful, whereas 425 and up is like double the dps.

Also it really depends what tank you got, and often you take a lesser optimal one cause they can be rare. So what exactly are you trying to tell us with that bs statement of yours? Just stroking your hardon ego?

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    You should take a closer look on that picture (hint: deaths, time, progress left)
    And? Meters still show current fight and not overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    And? Meters still show current fight and not overall.
    Not sure which meter you use but my details shows overall after the key is completed.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    Not sure which meter you use but my details shows overall after the key is completed.
    As does mine. But the screenshot that was posted as if it proved anything of contribution to the conversation was not of overall dps after completion. It was of dps of the current fight with 2 dps aoe'ing and *one* dps likely trying to not give one mob mad bolstering stacks.

how do people play with all this unnecessary crap all over their screen? and those frames......

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    As does mine. But the screenshot that was posted as if it proved anything of contribution to the conversation was not of overall dps after completion. It was of dps of the current fight with 2 dps aoe'ing and *one* dps likely trying to not give one mob mad bolstering stacks.
    Ignore the meters.

His post was to show a high ilevel group, with 50 deaths and over time.

The meters weren't part of what he was looking at

Quote Originally Posted by Sharper13 View Post
    Ignore the meters.

Ignore the meters? In a discussion centered around dps? Ok... Sure.

So what you're saying is that screenshot had absolutely nothing to do with the conversation at hand. That actually makes more sense.
    Last edited by Mardux; 2019-08-15 at 05:16 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    I had a discussion with a friend and we couldn't agree on what good dps is for a m+10. In the discussion we agreed everyone has 430 ilvl on average in a m10. I said 30k overall dps on all 3 dps is good. He said 25k+ is good which I consider pretty low for ilvl 430. I know it depends a lot on the week and which class but imo good dps starts at overall 30k+.

Please no philosophical discussion that "good dps" is not only damage, but also support etc. I (we) are aware of that. But raw numbers, what you consider good for m10?
    It doesn't only depend on week or class, also what dungeon, what's the rest of the team, what buffs do you have, what do you not have, how big can that tank pull and healer keep him up?

There's so many different factors that can change the overall DPS, it's hardly possible to get an accurate number for your question.

are we talking about dps on trash? overall. Just the boss fights? Just aoe bosses, or patchwork like bosses?

Cause dps changes in every situation.

So what you're saying is that screenshot had absolutely nothing to do with the conversation at hand. That actually makes more sense.
    He literally said to ignore judging people by ilvl because they can still suck balls hard, you seem to be the only one not getting it.

Did you look at the screenshot or are you just guessing? It's a +9 with trash and a boss remaining and it's already over time .... and there are 50 deaths. At least one of the players is absolutely terrible. (Gee, it could possibly be the ret paladin who can't even pull 20k on a trash pack.) And that's the point: ilvl isn't indicative of what someone is going to be able to do in a dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    I had a discussion with a friend and we couldn't agree on what good dps is for a m+10. In the discussion we agreed everyone has 430 ilvl on average in a m10. I said 30k overall dps on all 3 dps is good. He said 25k+ is good which I consider pretty low for ilvl 430. I know it depends a lot on the week and which class but imo good dps starts at overall 30k+.

Please no philosophical discussion that "good dps" is not only damage, but also support etc. I (we) are aware of that. But raw numbers, what you consider good for m10?
    This entirely depends on the tank... How big are the pulls? what dungeon? etc. Is this group smashing the 10 doing insane pulls? then 30k is low. Is it a slow group that will barley finish in time? 25k is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharper13 View Post
    Ignore the meters.

415 isn’t high Ilvl....