Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    Are you being serious?

No, just no.
    It is a fact. I trust the man who created the game more than you

The man who created diablo 1-2 tells why it can’t be done because of some goofy programming quirk he used at the foundation of the code

The entire code would have to be rewritten from scratch bottom to the top

This is from the man who made it not me. He admits he used kinda a cheat of programming to make it work and that it’s stuck on the base code

I remember when Diablo 3 got announced.

Then it came out half a decade later as a colossal failure.
    Today i learned that being one of the biggest commercial successes in recent history is a failure, okay.

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    Today i learned that being one of the biggest commercial successes in recent history is a failure, okay.
    You’re both exaggerating. D3 is not one of the biggest commercial successes of the decade. Not even close.

But it didn’t flop either but it is very poorly received by the d1-2 community.

They absolutely killed the franchise last Blizzcon. Hence there is barely any interest left for it. Here is a crude timeline of how to kill a franchise:

> D3 vanilla was terrible.
    > D3 expansion was somewhat decent, but not enough to compensate or to redeem trust into the game.
    > Years pass on without anything significant or changes added to the game.
    > An addition has been added in the form of the Necromancer. Which is paid, and in the format of a DLC.
    > Another year or so without anything significant or changes added to the game.
    > Prior to Blizzcon 2018 Blizzard starts a hype about a big announcement. The last few people that cared about Diablo are all riled up and spreading hype across the internet.
    > Blizzcon 2018 happened with the announcement of a Mobile Game. In a room full of PC fans. With livestreams full of PC fans that were basically expecting something that could save the franchise. Instead of all this, some fan (red shirt guy) called them out, and was met with utter disdain. This conversation has been watched by practically everyone who still cared about the franchise at that point.
    > Localized Outrage on the internet. Dozens of youtube streams, twitch stream, articles, blogs, forums posts whatnot. Because Blizzard carefully tried to cut the playerbase for years, the outrage was rather localized instead of massive and global. (Imagine pulling the exact same thing on Fortnite or something, the internet would explode)
    > Blizzard reluctantly ignored the outrage.
    > The very last potentional customers are gone.

Now insert pikachu meme "Fanbase is gone?! WHy?!"h

There's been some leaks. This one sounds kinda cool--siding with demons.

pbs(DOT)twimg(DOT)com/media/D-G3ogfWkAEoj0d(DOT)jpg

Can't post links yet, started a new account cause people are stalkers.

The game launched with a mostly unplayable mode.

Half of the classes in the game weren't playable.

People ran through a single map adjacent to a waypoint, opening chests, looking for stars on the map or blue weapons of a certain ilvl, then resetting.

The RMAH was full of dupes, gold exploits, and credit card chargebacks.

The game was hacked in every way it could be.

Bots ran 24/7 for years with impunity.

"Biggest commercial success".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    It is a fact. I trust the man who created the game more than you

The man who created diablo 1-2 tells why it can’t be done because of some goofy programming quirk he used at the foundation of the code

The entire code would have to be rewritten from scratch bottom to the top

This is from the man who made it not me. He admits he used kinda a cheat of programming to make it work and that it’s stuck on the base code
    I don't. He has every reason to lie and no reason not to.

Any idea he's ever 'thought of' wasn't original, nothing he's ever done can't be duplicated in a better way, and to think otherwise is a little stupidy.

Innovation cannot be stopped, my friend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soep View Post
    They absolutely killed the franchise last Blizzcon. Hence there is barely any interest left for it. Here is a crude timeline of how to kill a franchise:

> D3 vanilla was terrible.
    > D3 expansion was somewhat decent, but not enough to compensate or to redeem trust into the game.
    > Years pass on without anything significant or changes added to the game.
    > An addition has been added in the form of the Necromancer. Which is paid, and in the format of a DLC.
    > Another year or so without anything significant or changes added to the game.
    > Prior to Blizzcon 2018 Blizzard starts a hype about a big announcement. The last few people that cared about Diablo are all riled up and spreading hype across the internet.
    > Blizzcon 2018 happened with the announcement of a Mobile Game. In a room full of PC fans. With livestreams full of PC fans that were basically expecting something that could save the franchise. Instead of all this, some fan (red shirt guy) called them out, and was met with utter disdain. This conversation has been watched by practically everyone who still cared about the franchise at that point.
    > Localized Outrage on the internet. Dozens of youtube streams, twitch stream, articles, blogs, forums posts whatnot. Because Blizzard carefully tried to cut the playerbase for years, the outrage was rather localized instead of massive and global. (Imagine pulling the exact same thing on Fortnite or something, the internet would explode)
    > Blizzard reluctantly ignored the outrage.
    > The very last potentional customers are gone.

Now insert pikachu meme "Fanbase is gone?! WHy?!"h
    Previous to Blizzcon, they released the schedule, which had a massive block of time at the start labeled just "Diablo", then they quietly said nothing about it then removed it, only to fill it with a fuckin mobile game. That's what really spiced my ass.

You’re both exaggerating. D3 is not one of the biggest commercial successes of the decade. Not even close.

But it didn’t flop either but it is very poorly received by the d1-2 community.
    You're right. The game that broke day 1 sales numbers wasn't one of the biggest commercial successes.

I mean, being one of the third most selling games of all time is a mediocre achievement.

Previous to Blizzcon, they released the schedule, which had a massive block of time at the start labeled just "Diablo", then they quietly said nothing about it then removed it, only to fill it with a fuckin mobile game. That's what really spiced my ass.
    To be fair, this did not happen. Blocks were always the same, nothing was removed nor changed, it was speculation based on flawed assumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    You're right. The game that broke day 1 sales numbers wasn't one of the biggest commercial successes.

I mean, being one of the third most selling games of all time is a mediocre achievement.
    .... neither of your stats are true? d3 sold 6 mil first day. Impressive for sure, but compared to games like Fifa, Madden, RDR, GTA, etc... it doesn't even sniff their numbers of 10-20 million day 1 sales.

As far as the commercial success, i didn't deny it was successful just that you were exaggerating it's success. It isn't even comparable to the top earning games of the decade like GTA5

- - - Updated - - -

The game launched with a mostly unplayable mode.

Half of the classes in the game weren't playable.

People ran through a single map adjacent to a waypoint, opening chests, looking for stars on the map or blue weapons of a certain ilvl, then resetting.

The RMAH was full of dupes, gold exploits, and credit card chargebacks.

The game was hacked in every way it could be.

Bots ran 24/7 for years with impunity.

"Biggest commercial success".

- - - Updated - - -

I don't. He has every reason to lie and no reason not to.

Any idea he's ever 'thought of' wasn't original, nothing he's ever done can't be duplicated in a better way, and to think otherwise is a little stupidy.

Innovation cannot be stopped, my friend.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe him; if blizz could've crapped out a d2 remaster, they'd have done it years back.

Watch him break it down in detail on youtube. Even if you aren't technical, you'll understand, and if you ARE technical... you'll know it can't be done without literally rebuilding the game from scratch.

A MAJOR part of the foundation can't be upgraded, which is a problem. Brevvik used kinda a quirky programming trick to trick the game into running properly. It works, but what's broken is basically part of the fundamental foundation and can't be repaired or just patched out. The entire game has to be rebuilt

D4 will be a text based adventure only playable on flip phones.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Then why didnt they do that last blizzcon?
    Because Diablo: Immortal

.... neither of your stats are true? d3 sold 6 mil first day. Impressive for sure, but compared to games like Fifa, Madden, RDR, GTA, etc... it doesn't even sniff their numbers of 10-20 million day 1 sales.

As far as the commercial success, i didn't deny it was successful just that you were exaggerating it's success. It isn't even comparable to the top earning games of the decade like GTA5
    For a PC game it broke a lot of records and is third top-selling game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    For a PC game it broke a lot of records and is third top-selling game.
    I wasn't disputing it's success; just the comment that it was the top selling game and record breaker of the decade when it wasn't even close.

Also, i don't even have it top 10 of the top selling games of all time. Even Skyrim is ahead of it, altho to be fair, skyrim is available on toasters and everything under the sun

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spriggs View Post
    https://kotaku.com/the-past-present-...blo-1830593195

Kotaku (and their reporting, especially on Activision Blizzard, is usually spot on) stated last year that Diablo 4 was a Dark Souls-eque game but was canceled and rebooted in 2016. The rebooted effort is much closer to a traditional Diablo game and is being built as a GaaS. Some insiders stated that the game was supposed to be announce at Blizzcon last year, but was pulled. Other insiders have contradicted this.

Kotaku believes the failure of Titan is causing Blizzard to not announce games until they're closer to release.

Maybe we'll see it at Blizzcon this year. Maybe we won't.
    well hope that WC 3 reforged will actualy comes out soon.

- - - Updated - - -

This is how I feel too. I don’t trust modern blizzard to do much of anything right. They don’t have the people there who can make diablo a proper horror action title.

D3 was Disney presents diablo.

There were rumors about d4 last vlizzcon and that they scrapped it entirely cuz they weren’t happy with it. A year is not a lot of time to build a aaa product
    I dont think its a modern blizzard. Old once did it, they were good at the beggining but after the success they started failing, today blizzard dont have the "old" once but new once trying to hold it somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by bison91 View Post
    well hope that WC 3 reforged will actualy comes out soon.
    i'm a little shocked we haven't got it already. I thought, for sure, they'd use WC3 to propel new or old players into wow classic. lost opportunity there, but i hope wc3 remaster turns out well

I wasn't disputing it's success; just the comment that it was the top selling game and record breaker of the decade when it wasn't even close.

Also, i don't even have it top 10 of the top selling games of all time. Even Skyrim is ahead of it, altho to be fair, skyrim is available on toasters and everything under the sun
    Admittedly this is just from a quick Google so you might have better sources, but Diablo 3 has about 20 million PC sales (only behind PUBG and Minecraft,) Skyrim has about 30 million but less than 20% were on PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Admittedly this is just from a quick Google so you might have better sources, but Diablo 3 has about 20 million PC sales (only behind PUBG and Minecraft,) Skyrim has about 30 million but less than 20% were on PC.
    Diablo 3 also had millions on consoles too, but i'd bet most came on PC. I'm not pooping on D3 at all, was just correcting someone. My main point of even entering this thread was explaining to someone why D2 remastered is never gonna happen cuz of technical reasons, not to crap on d3.

I think the most shocking part of your post to me is that PUBG is top 3 pc selling games... minecraft i expected, d3 isn't a surprise... but PUBG #3? wow
    Last edited by justandulas; 2019-08-10 at 02:24 PM.

Been a fan since D1, but the couple last years has pretty much killed the hype for me, especialy last year blizzcon, I will ofourse play a D4, but im not rly looking forward to it anymore.

Im just waiting for Bannerlord.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i'm a little shocked we haven't got it already. I thought, for sure, they'd use WC3 to propel new or old players into wow classic. lost opportunity there, but i hope wc3 remaster turns out well
    Cant say i am shocked. Its modern Blizzard after all, they are losing its touch for sure, and we even dont have beta today. I really hope its out, thats the most iconic game for me and i am waiting only for it, not overwatch, not diablo.

I would love for it to be a Diablo mmo.

I don't think so though, Blizz has a record of disappointment with the Diablo franchise, so my hopes are not high for this.