Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Wow gives out those rewards every anniversary with pets/mounts.
    Those aren't cumulative, they just show you played the game that year. Not quite the same thing as a vet reward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    So people who don't care about the game get free stuff, and the people who still actively play get fuck all?

Cool Blizz
    Well that is how marketing works. If you don't agree, then don't work for marketing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    No one said they can't. Just that it's backwards to do so while not rewarding players who are playing the game.
    That is entitlement. You keep saying I am the one going back to it. That I am using buzzwords. Yet you keep bringing up the argument that it existing players are entitled to rewards over non-players. Yes it is possible to do both. But it is not required to do both unless you feel entitled. Hence why entitlement is a core issue to this perceived problem.

How can you say something like claiming I don't know what I'm saying, and then follow it up with this which shows you aren't even following the conversation.
    Are you saying that only certain people could have subscribed to get the free level 100 boost during legion? Of course if you create an entire new system of rewards then someone wouldn't be able to just sub. You literally created an entire new argument in order to say that I was wrong for saying anyone could have subbed to get a level 100 boost. Blizzard is rewarding inactive players with something every who played during the start of Legion already received for free.

You are entitled. The entire problem you keep presenting with what Blizzard has done with the current free 110 boost is that they should have given something to existing subscribers as well. That is entitlement. I have never once said that a rewards program wouldn't be a good idea. However expecting to get a reward just because you feel you are a superior class is entitlement. You are assigning active players as superior to inactive players by complaining that Blizzard is wrong or backwards or any other negative descriptor for offering a reward to what you deem unworthy.

It is as simple as that.

Seriously? You think it's a GOOD move to offer something that isn't even enticing to get people back?
    If it isn't enticing someone to come back to the game why is it such a big issue that they are offering it as a reward then? You and others are assigning it value while also claiming it is irrelevant. So what is stopping an inactive player from saying they will check out the game with a free 100 boost? If it has value to an existing player to just fool around with a new character then an inactive player has the same value. They can fool around and see if they want to resubcribe and get a head start on an alt (as BfA still includes a level 120 boost).

Again you contradict your own argument.

Re-read my posts several times, I've never said "me" OR "I". Try again.
    So you don't feel jilted. You don't have a problem with it. But you are arguing that it is a problem. Gotcha. You are arguing just to hear the sound of your own key clicks. Why didn't you just start with that to save us all a few pages of nonsense?

It's a fact that the boost to Legion content is irrelevant to get someone back into the game. That's all.
    Then it is a fact that it is relevant to existing players. Yet you've spent this entire time saying that it is wrong to of Blizzard to do because it doesn't reward existing players. The fact that this has raised so much ire with you and others indicates that it has value to both returning and existing players. Regardless of the fact that you claim to not care.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2019-08-12 at 09:32 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I save around $18 for buying 6-month subscriptions. I have also gotten two mounts for free out of it valued at $25 each. Blizzard does things for different groups of players. Always have. They have always offered incentives to get old players back. A boost is just the latest. They used to offer free game time. Stop being entitled that you need to have everything just because.

Those active during the anniversary event will also be getting things unobtainable elsewhere. Just like in the past. Active subscribers have perks.
    Wrong. You were rewarded for buying time in advance. Not for solely being loyal (subscribed without lapsing), as my sandwich shop comparison was meant to display.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toughschmidt View Post
    Wrong. You were rewarded for buying time in advance. Not for solely being loyal (subscribed without lapsing), as my sandwich shop comparison was meant to display.
    Well then I would like to point out how many loyalty programs offer bonuses upon first signing up that are not always offered again. Either way active subscribers get perks and there is nothing wrong with offering things only to past customers. A sandwich shop will offer many ways to get people to come to their shop. I just got an e-mail about not being at chili's for a while and a free item offer to entice me to return. Existing customers get some stuff but they don't always get everything.

Firehouse subs gave me stuff for signing up for an account. I don't automatically get things (accept on my birthday). New customers will get whatever current promotion they have where I will not. I have to make a purchase to keep getting things. All your point proves is that there many types of incentives that companies use to get people to return or keep using their products. Its why even name brand popular products still offer manufacturer coupons.

The two mount promotions though were certainly a loyalty thing. They want you to purchase (or have purchased) as 6-month subscription. That is being loyal to them for six months at a time rather then in one-month segments that could be stopped. I got both the dreamer and boat with out having to purchase a new 6-month subscription. So they allowed loyalty to a six month subscription to work for the promotion when they easily could have made it new 6-month purchases only.

Just as the Annual pass was me getting rewards for being loyal enough to pay for an entire year in advance. There is certainly room for more then one loyalty program and Blizzard certainly could and should offer up more after all these years. But there is nothing wrong with offering something to entire players to return to the game.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2019-08-12 at 10:11 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

That is entitlement. You keep saying I am the one going back to it. That I am using buzzwords. Yet you keep bringing up the argument that it existing players are entitled to rewards over non-players. Yes it is possible to do both. But it is not required to do both unless you feel entitled. Hence why entitlement is a core issue to this perceived problem.

Are you saying that only certain people could have subscribed to get the free level 100 boost during legion? Of course if you create an entire new system of rewards then someone wouldn't be able to just sub. You literally created an entire new argument in order to say that I was wrong for saying anyone could have subbed to get a level 100 boost. Blizzard is rewarding inactive players with something every who played during the start of Legion already received for free.

You are entitled. The entire problem you keep presenting with what Blizzard has done with the current free 110 boost is that they should have given something to existing subscribers as well. That is entitlement. I have never once said that a rewards program wouldn't be a good idea. However expecting to get a reward just because you feel you are a superior class is entitlement. You are assigning active players as superior to inactive players by complaining that Blizzard is wrong or backwards or any other negative descriptor for offering a reward to what you deem unworthy.

It is as simple as that.

If it isn't enticing someone to come back to the game why is it such a big issue that they are offering it as a reward then? You and others are assigning it value while also claiming it is irrelevant. So what is stopping an inactive player from saying they will check out the game with a free 100 boost? If it has value to an existing player to just fool around with a new character then an inactive player has the same value. They can fool around and see if they want to resubcribe and get a head start on an alt (as BfA still includes a level 120 boost).

Again you contradict your own argument.

So you don't feel jilted. You don't have a problem with it. But you are arguing that it is a problem. Gotcha. You are arguing just to hear the sound of your own key clicks. Why didn't you just start with that to save us all a few pages of nonsense?

Then it is a fact that it is relevant to existing players. Yet you've spent this entire time saying that it is wrong to of Blizzard to do because it doesn't reward existing players. The fact that this has raised so much ire with you and others indicates that it has value to both returning and existing players. Regardless of the fact that you claim to not care.
    Yeah I'm dropping this here.

You came into the thread to try to shame people for being "entitled and whiny", and have no interest in actually talking, to the point of twisting around phrasing out of context to try to prove your point.

I mean hell, you're trying to argue that I DO care. Despite that I already said I don't. You're literally trying that much to have an argument to tell that I'm typing to hear my keys but... You're trying to tell someone else how they feel

Well then I would like to point out how many loyalty programs offer bonuses upon first signing up that are not always offered again. Either way active subscribers get perks and there is nothing wrong with offering things only to past customers. A sandwich shop will offer many ways to get people to come to their shop. I just got an e-mail about not being at chili's for a while and a free item offer to entice me to return. Existing customers get some stuff but they don't always get everything.

Firehouse subs gave me stuff for signing up for an account. I don't automatically get things (accept on my birthday). New customers will get whatever current promotion they have where I will not. I have to make a purchase to keep getting things. All your point proves is that there many types of incentives that companies use to get people to return or keep using their products. Its why even name brand popular products still offer manufacturer coupons.

The two mount promotions though were certainly a loyalty thing. They want you to purchase (or have purchased) as 6-month subscription. That is being loyal to them for six months at a time rather then in one-month segments that could be stopped. I got both the dreamer and boat with out having to purchase a new 6-month subscription. So they allowed loyalty to a six month subscription to work for the promotion when they easily could have made it new 6-month purchases only.

Just as the Annual pass was me getting rewards for being loyal enough to pay for an entire year in advance. There is certainly room for more then one loyalty program and Blizzard certainly could and should offer up more after all these years. But there is nothing wrong with offering something to entire players to return to the game.
    If the sandwich shop offered those gifts for PRE-Purchasing months of sandwiches in advance (something only certain people can afford to do, life check-to-check here), your argument would be valid. There has been 0 rewards for simply staying subscribed without lapsing for an extended amount of time (a.k.a. being loyal without going above and beyond by buying in advance and without lapsing). Sure, there have been rewards and will be rewards for having an account active at specific times, but if your time had lapsed recently, or is currently not active and you just activate it to get that reward, you still get the reward.

You know, you spout a lot of yakking without reading what people post.

If I'm wrong, where has there been a reward for simply having been subscribed without lapsing over an extended period of time? That's called being a loyal subscriber/customer.

I'm sure you're still gonna say "but entitled bruuuuuh", but I'll just ignore it next time 'cause you evidently can't understand the words that people type.

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean hell, you're trying to argue that I DO care. Despite that I already said I don't. You're literally trying that much to have an argument to tell that I'm typing to hear my keys but... You're trying to tell someone else how they feel
    If you don't care why have you spent pages discussing it? You are the one who came in to tell several people they were missing a point. Why is that not just as bad as what you are making me out as doing? This is the second time you've called me wrong for doing something you have done.

The facts still stand. Your argument and many others is simply one of entitlement. Blizzard can't offer something to inactive players because they don't give something to existing players. You literally said you don't have a problem with what they are doing but have been arguing with me that it is a problem. That is arguing just for the sake of it and to hear the click of keys as you type. I suppose you could be using a voice assistant or have some one dictating but I doubt it.

I am not trying to tell someone else how they feel. I am telling you what the argument you are saying states. I did not shame anyone other than you for being whiny. Clearly I did not call you entitled either as you said you don't care either way. So the argument of entitlement can not apply to you. Unless of course if you were lying in order to "win".

Which is it. My argument applies to you because you really do think existing players deserve rewards and inactive ones do not. Or you do not care?

- - - Updated - - -

It's not that unreasonable for people to feel shafted like, wheres the reward for staying subbed for a long time, since that's the opposite?
    Why should only people who pay for their sub for 6 months at a time get a reward? Why should only those who haven't subbed for a long time get one?
    What about the people in the middle?
    This is an argument of entitlement. That there needs to be a reward at the opposite end of the spectrum in order for another thing to be acceptable. You made the argument not me. Saying that is reasonable to feel shafted because you were not rewarded for doing something is feeling entitled to a reward and that people that were not entitled to a reward got one instead. Entitlement is at the core of the argument you presented.

You then also made the argument that people in the middle are just as entitled as those who purchase a 6-month subscription and were shafted from the reward of a mount. Again entitlement is at the core of your second post in this thread.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    So people who don't care about the game get free stuff, and the people who still actively play get fuck all?

Cool Blizz
    lol well... welcome to WoW for the last decade.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    There has been 0 rewards for simply staying subscribed without lapsing for an extended amount of time (a.k.a. being loyal without going above and beyond by buying in advance and without lapsing).
    A yearly birthday reward is a reward you only get by keeping your rewards account active and doesn't require a purchase. Of course if you activate an account you will get any current promotion for active accounts. Why is that a bad thing? Should we create a second-class player just because they don't meet some arbitrary requirement by certain posters?

If I'm wrong, where has there been a reward for simply having been subscribed without lapsing over an extended period of time? That's called being a loyal subscriber/customer.
    So you are right unless someone proves you wrong? Well prepare to be wrong. As Blizzard gave orc statues to people who were subscribed, with out lapse, since the start of the game. If you have been subscribed since 60 days of the launch of the game you were given an orc statue for the 10th anniversary of the game. I can certainly understand the words that people are typing.

When you have to resort to those types of arguments to dismiss a person it usually shows that you have nothing to stand on in a discussion. Because you need to shift the focus to dismiss a person. And rewarding loyal or current subscribers has nothing to do with giving something to an inactive subscribers to lure them back to the game. To you complain this much when they recently offered 3 days of free game time to inactive accounts for patch 8.2?

You aren't worth my time if you're bringing up something only for people who subbed on Vanilla release day as the defense to your argument.

P.S. I never stated that people shouldn't get rewards. I'm stating that the month-to-month customers are left out when pre-purchasers and unsubs both get special rewards in addition to the anniversary one, as per your example.

15+ Year Old Account
    You aren't worth my time if you're bringing up something only for people who subbed on Vanilla release day as the defense to your argument.
    Why did you ask for something if you only wanted to be correct no matter what and insult when you are proven wrong?? The statue is not any defense to my argument. It is a response to your direct question asking when Blizzard gave a reward for simply subscribing with out lapsing over a period of time.

P.S. I never stated that people shouldn't get rewards. I'm stating that the month-to-month customers are left out when pre-purchasers and unsubs both get special rewards in addition to the anniversary one, as per your example.
    And? What is wrong with that. They are already left out of the lower cost for the subscription. It isn't per my example either as they are left out based on the way the game currently works. Month to Month subscribers get rewards for having an active subscription when those types of rewards come out. Inactive players get rewards when Blizzard runs those types of promotions. 6-month (or a year) get rewards with those types of promotions.

Why is any of that a bad thing? If you are a month to month subscriber without lapsing you are a fool for not doing 6-month blocks. You are paying more and willingly disqualifying yourself from any 6-month promotion. So your problem is that willingly choosing an inferior option doesn't get you any rewards? Why did you hijack this thread instead of starting a new thread about veteran rewards?

Your sandwich shop example is flawed because Blizzard hasn't taken anything away from month-to-month subscribers to give ex-players an incentive to return. Could Blizzard have a better veteran rewards program? Certainly. That doesn't mean they can't or shouldn't do other reward promotions. Anything that draws players to the game is worth it. I have wanted RaF rewards since the start of the program but have never been able to recruit anyone. I don't think the program is flawed or bad or anything for not allowing existing players the same rewards.

The same way that all subscribers do not get equal access to everything in the game. Some are faction. Some are difficulty. Some are RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    you have to pay the 6 months to get the mount
    no you pay for 6 month GAMETIME. the mount is a FREE bonus you get for doing so.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    no you pay for 6 month GAMETIME. the mount is a FREE bonus you get for doing so.
    i paid gametime for 2 years straight and didn't get free bonus

15+ Year Old Account
    You don't seem to be understanding how the promotions worked. For the Dreadwake you could either buy 180 days of game time or a 6 month subscription. For the Dreamer you had to buy a 6-month subscription. It wasn't based on how much game time you have on the account but rather on the package you bought for your subscription.

The normal $25 cost of the mounts were waived if you followed the rules of the promotion. Hence the mounts were provided for free. Something being given to you for free does not require it to have zero cost attached to it.

You don't seem to be understanding how the promotions worked. For the Dreadwake you could either buy 180 days of game time or a 6 month subscription. For the Dreamer you had to buy a 6-month subscription. It wasn't based on how much game time you have on the account but rather on the package you bought for your subscription.

The normal $25 cost of the mounts were waived if you followed the rules of the promotion. Hence the mounts were provided for free. Something being given to you for free does not require it to have zero cost attached to it.
    We do understand how the promotions worked. The second one had purposedly narrowed down eligibility in comparison to the first one, to exclude many paying subscribers from the pool of recipients for the free mount.

Tbh it looked to me like a bait & switch. People would buy 180 days because it worked last time, see it didn't work, get told by GM they didn't read the fine print, then spend 25$ on the mount because they already hyped themselves up for it.

I already found out from a guildy who did that, that 180 days doesn't work, so I didn't buy the mount (or any extra gametime past the ship mount, I already had prepaid sub with Legion's gold), so I'm not the one "scammed" but I still find the practice disgusting and basically fishing for credit card numbers (maybe in hopes casuals forget to cancel like they do with gym subs). It would be fair if it was like the Cata promotion: pay 6 or 12 months by whatever means you want, if you fail to uphold your end of the deal, we revoke the rewards. But no, apparently there are "worthy" subs and "unworthy" ones nowadays.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Tbh it looked to me like a bait & switch. People would buy 180 days because it worked last time, see it didn't work, get told by GM they didn't read the fine print, then spend 25$ on the mount because they already hyped themselves up for it.
    If you think it is a bait and switch then you didn't understand the promotion. Both clearly spelled out what was eligible for the free mount. It is dumb they did it that way but not a bait and switch. If you blindly purchase something with out understanding it then you can't blame Blizzard. You are also not the person I quoted who clearly is showing a lack of understanding the promotion as well.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=287276/...ers-battle-pet

The Dreadwake specifically states it is game time.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...et-a-new-mount

Clearly states a 6-month subscription with no mention of game time. It isn't a bait and switch. It isn't a scam. It is a lack of understanding despite saying the general "we" understand. You can also pretty easily stop your subscription from being a recurring one. Should Blizzard have allowed game time? Certainly. But there is no reason to hate on them just because you don't like it or because a fool and their money are soon parted.

It also has nothing to do with worthy or unworthy. Just different promotions. Do you get this emotional distraught when they run every other promotion? What about the 3 days of free game time they recently gave? What about the china only pet promotions? What about Recruit a Friend and the unworthy with no friends? What about the HotS event and those who are now unworthy because they didn't play it?

you surely didnt as you either pay for 1 month, 3 month or 6 month you CANT pay for 2 years.
    you probably meant you pay gametime with gold which was your own flaw then as you could convert gold into bnet balance and then buy the 6month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    you surely didnt as you either pay for 1 month, 3 month or 6 month you CANT pay for 2 years.
    you probably meant you pay gametime with gold which was your own flaw then as you could convert gold into bnet balance and then buy the 6month.
    Or he just meant he was auto renewing for for 2 years without break...?