Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Not really a stupid comment, if you're still paying for BFA, you'll be paying no matter what content they throw out. It's worse than WoD.

    Also, we're talking about gaming, on a gaming website and you've got an orc as a DP, sooooo ................. xD
    Not really - just because you don't think it's worth paying for BFA doesn't make it objective fact - that's why it's a stupid comment.

    And you've got what appears to be a clown? What's your point? Do you not know who Thrall is?

  2. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    you have to pay the 6 months to get the mount
    no you pay for 6 month GAMETIME. the mount is a FREE bonus you get for doing so.

  3. #143
    Immortal Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Warsong Gulch
    Posts
    7,525
    Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    no you pay for 6 month GAMETIME. the mount is a FREE bonus you get for doing so.
    i paid gametime for 2 years straight and didn't get free bonus

  4. #144
    Over 9000! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i paid gametime for 2 years straight and didn't get free bonus
    You don't seem to be understanding how the promotions worked. For the Dreadwake you could either buy 180 days of game time or a 6 month subscription. For the Dreamer you had to buy a 6-month subscription. It wasn't based on how much game time you have on the account but rather on the package you bought for your subscription.

    The normal $25 cost of the mounts were waived if you followed the rules of the promotion. Hence the mounts were provided for free. Something being given to you for free does not require it to have zero cost attached to it.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You don't seem to be understanding how the promotions worked. For the Dreadwake you could either buy 180 days of game time or a 6 month subscription. For the Dreamer you had to buy a 6-month subscription. It wasn't based on how much game time you have on the account but rather on the package you bought for your subscription.

    The normal $25 cost of the mounts were waived if you followed the rules of the promotion. Hence the mounts were provided for free. Something being given to you for free does not require it to have zero cost attached to it.
    We do understand how the promotions worked. The second one had purposedly narrowed down eligibility in comparison to the first one, to exclude many paying subscribers from the pool of recipients for the free mount.

    Tbh it looked to me like a bait & switch. People would buy 180 days because it worked last time, see it didn't work, get told by GM they didn't read the fine print, then spend 25$ on the mount because they already hyped themselves up for it.

    I already found out from a guildy who did that, that 180 days doesn't work, so I didn't buy the mount (or any extra gametime past the ship mount, I already had prepaid sub with Legion's gold), so I'm not the one "scammed" but I still find the practice disgusting and basically fishing for credit card numbers (maybe in hopes casuals forget to cancel like they do with gym subs). It would be fair if it was like the Cata promotion: pay 6 or 12 months by whatever means you want, if you fail to uphold your end of the deal, we revoke the rewards. But no, apparently there are "worthy" subs and "unworthy" ones nowadays.

  6. #146

  7. #147
    Over 9000! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Tbh it looked to me like a bait & switch. People would buy 180 days because it worked last time, see it didn't work, get told by GM they didn't read the fine print, then spend 25$ on the mount because they already hyped themselves up for it.
    If you think it is a bait and switch then you didn't understand the promotion. Both clearly spelled out what was eligible for the free mount. It is dumb they did it that way but not a bait and switch. If you blindly purchase something with out understanding it then you can't blame Blizzard. You are also not the person I quoted who clearly is showing a lack of understanding the promotion as well.

    https://www.wowhead.com/news=287276/...ers-battle-pet

    The Dreadwake specifically states it is game time.

    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...et-a-new-mount

    Clearly states a 6-month subscription with no mention of game time. It isn't a bait and switch. It isn't a scam. It is a lack of understanding despite saying the general "we" understand. You can also pretty easily stop your subscription from being a recurring one. Should Blizzard have allowed game time? Certainly. But there is no reason to hate on them just because you don't like it or because a fool and their money are soon parted.

    It also has nothing to do with worthy or unworthy. Just different promotions. Do you get this emotional distraught when they run every other promotion? What about the 3 days of free game time they recently gave? What about the china only pet promotions? What about Recruit a Friend and the unworthy with no friends? What about the HotS event and those who are now unworthy because they didn't play it?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i paid gametime for 2 years straight and didn't get free bonus
    you surely didnt as you either pay for 1 month, 3 month or 6 month you CANT pay for 2 years.
    you probably meant you pay gametime with gold which was your own flaw then as you could convert gold into bnet balance and then buy the 6month.

  9. #149
    Pandaren Monk Lulbalance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Barely Duelist
    Posts
    1,926
    Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    you surely didnt as you either pay for 1 month, 3 month or 6 month you CANT pay for 2 years.
    you probably meant you pay gametime with gold which was your own flaw then as you could convert gold into bnet balance and then buy the 6month.
    Or he just meant he was auto renewing for for 2 years without break...?

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    Or he just meant he was auto renewing for for 2 years without break...?
    thats not an option.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •