Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    You're 100% right.

They did quite a few tests to gauge the interest and this is all they came up with?

I cannot wait to see how these classic kids are going to spin this one.
    Back when Official classic servers were just a dream.
    It was speculated that a lot people would not pay for it and keep going to their Free private servers.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Back when Official classic servers were just a dream.
    It was speculated that a lot people would not pay for it and keep going to their Free private servers.
    Private servers are okay. But the control the admins have is too much. I personally would rather pay and know I won't be banned just because someone doesn't like me. Which happens, and I've seen happen on some other Private servers. EQ and WoW respectively.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it was really stupid to give the servers the race/faction-specific names. Like good luck to see trolls on other servers - most of them would be rolling on Zandalari Tribe.

Quote Originally Posted by NMX- View Post
    Your logic being...? Please show your work.
    He hates classic for no good reason and must post regardless and make up numbers. That's how it works my man. I don't even know why they post.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    I think it was really stupid to give the servers the race/faction-specific names. Like good luck to see trolls on other servers - most of them would be rolling on Zandalari Tribe.
    Except most people don’t RP and many won’t PvP. They made that mistake once, they won’t roll wrong again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Classic kids: "Classic is going to OVERTAKE Retail......Mark my words"

Blizzard releases 24 servers total for Classis.... Retail has 513.......

LOL thanks, classic kids. HAHAHA
    Yeah and like 500 of them are ghost towns

of which 95% of those severs are dead. But server number on retail is pretty irrelevant anyway with all the xrealm shit these days.

I have nothing against Classic in general, but after seeing some of the ridiculous hype around legacy servers for wow I can't help but feel some satisfaction about this announcement. This is basically a confirmation from Blizzard, which we can assume is based on solid data, that Classic is nowhere near the popularity of the actual game proper.

The amount of servers mean nothing with all the cross realm stuff features. Its delusional to think all 513 have a healthy population.

Quote Originally Posted by Stockers View Post
    of which 95% of those severs are dead. But server number on retail is pretty irrelevant anyway with all the xrealm shit these days.
    Nope. Wrong. Try again troll.

https://realmpop.com/us.html

Even the smallest pop server has 100k people. hardly, "dead", but that doesn't fit what you're trying to push.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Yeah and like 500 of them are ghost towns
    Wrong as well.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    The amount of servers mean nothing with all the cross realm stuff features. Its delusional to think all 513 have a healthy population.
    The lowest pop server is 100k people. That is a massive amount of players. While the highest pop servers are 500-600k. Again, hardly dead. You guys really need to try harder. Or you know, at least read because you say things that aren't true. Making yourselves look like idiots.
    Last edited by agentsi; 2019-08-09 at 09:32 PM.

Even the smallest pop server has 100k people. hardly, "dead", but that doesn't fit what you're trying to push.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong as well.

The lowest pop server is 100k people. That is a massive amount of players. While the highest pop servers are 500-600k. Again, hardly dead. You guys really need to try harder. Or you know, at least read because you say things that aren't true. Making yourselves look like idiots.
    How many of those are level 120 characters? That 100k lowest pop server turns to 8k, the high pop 500k server turns to 44k. And how many are 120 alts. The numbers shrinks further. How many have logged in recently? Lots of metrics to keep shrinking the active player base.

I am more curious in active accounts, not how many accounts that haven't logged into wow in 10 years have 10 characters on a server.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong as well.

You do realize realmpop only counts total Characters, So most legacy players will have any where from 10-15 characters per server which drastically cuts down the amount of Population per server. So where Lightbringer says it has 202,000 Characters on the Alliance, that means in reality it is around 13000-20000 actual players. Characters does not = Accounts. It is a ridiculous argument to believe that the lowest server has a 100k players.

But nobody is asking the real questions.

Which one is going to be the new Moon Guard?

And with that, vanilla is dead.

Not enough servers to spread out the streamers. Gonna be an absolute shit show.

I don't get it... doesn't this equal more servers than what the game released with originally? If so, that's not so bad in any shape or form.

Quote Originally Posted by Vando View Post
    How many of those are level 120 characters? r.
    All of them?

There's a slider that shows 120's exclusively. Not trying to stop you in your quest to boost your ego by rationalizing away until reality fits your agenda, but just pointing out that the numbers shown can be for any level. 120 included.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    you do know that most of the retail servers has been merged right?

- - - Updated - - -

That is chars created...

BFA bois are really this salty over classic? dont worry you will still have plenty of store mounts to buy.
    What is there to be salty about? the 24 servers they made? Get real. Classic will die within 1-2 years and they will cancel it. Bye bye.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vando View Post
    How many of those are level 120 characters? That 100k lowest pop server turns to 8k, the high pop 500k server turns to 44k. And how many are 120 alts. The numbers shrinks further. How many have logged in recently? Lots of metrics to keep shrinking the active player base.

I am more curious in active accounts, not how many accounts that haven't logged into wow in 10 years have 10 characters on a server.
    The neat thing about that site, it allows you to look at some of those factors. Amazing the info you can find, when you look, just a tiny bit.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Do you actually believe this?
    I mean doesn't Illidan itself have like over 100k+ players? Maybe that was back in MoP though.

7+ Year Old Account
    US got Atiesh, Mankirk, Faerlina, Herod, Whitemane and even Pagle.
    EU got Chromie and that's for the Russians...

I'm fucking jealous of US server names, they've got infinitely better options. None of the EU (English) even come close
    im cool pls respodn

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    and still the salt is flowing, why does BFA players feel the need to comment on classic all the times? are you afraid that Blizzard will focus less on retail now?
    You brought it up, not me. Projecting much? Christ, I swear you're basically crying via text. Get over it already.

5+ Year Old Account
    3 things.

1. I will be on Bloodsail Buccaneers.
    2. Glad they gave us realm names before launch. Now people can figure out where they, and their friends will be playing.
    3. I LOVE YOUR PROFILE PIC OP! Pugs are adorable!!!