Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Police Shoot 13 Year old in Swatting & Officers Laugh and mock a dying man

https://www.thedailybeast.com/illino...d-raid-lawsuit

An Illinois mother filed a lawsuit on Thursday accusing police officers of “terrorizing” innocent children after her unarmed, 12-year-old son was shot in his bed with an assault rifle during a pre-dawn raid on their home.

The lawsuit alleges that nearly two dozen Country Club Hills and Richton Park SWAT officers entered Crystal Worship’s home in May with exploding flash-grenades and automatic rifles to execute a search warrant intended for her boyfriend. During the raid, her black son, Amir, was allegedly shot by a white officer as he sat on his bed with his hands in the air and suffered a shattered kneecap.

“There is a silent epidemic of trauma being perpetrated upon the children and families of color by Chicago and South Suburban police barreling into the wrong homes, handcuffing innocent adults, holding guns on children, handcuffing children, trashing their homes, refusing to show warrants, and screaming dehumanizing commands,” Al Hofeld Jr., the family’s attorney, said in a press release announcing the lawsuit.

“Now, children are being shot in their beds,” he added.

The lawsuit, which was filed in the Circuit Court of Cook County on Thursday, names the city of County Club Hills, the village of Richton Park, and several police officers as defendants. The family is seeking $50,000 in damages for alleged negligence, willful and wanton conduct, assault, battery, and false imprisonment.

On May 26, 2019, officers dressed in “army fatigues with black cloth covering their faces and wearing goggles” entered the family’s home at about 5 a.m. while Crystal Worship and her three sons—Amir, 13-year-old Eric, and 18-year-old Robert—were asleep, according to the lawsuit. The court documents allege the officers “battered open the two entry doors and set off between two and five flash-bang grenades,” while executing a search warrant for Crystal’s boyfriend.

The boyfriend, Mitchell Thurnam, was arrested and charged with drug possession in a case that was dropped weeks later.

Once inside the house, the lawsuit alleges, SWAT officers went to the children’s bedroom and shouted “commands at them” while holding their assault rifles.

“The children were terrified they were about to be killed,” the lawsuit states.

One officer allegedly continued pointing his firearm directly at Amir, who was shirtless and sitting at the edge of his bed with his hands in the air, even after the room had been cleared. After asking his age, the officer “pulled him up and off of his bed and told him to sit on his brother’s bed... and to put a shirt one,” the lawsuit alleges.

Thirty seconds later, another officer entered the room and allegedly told Amir to “put his shoes on” but then snatched the child’s shoes away when he tried to follow his orders. The officer then “asked which pair of shoes in the room were his” and examined one of the shoes with a flashlight, the lawsuit says.

While handing the shoe back to Amir and trying to put his flashlight away in his vest, “the officer quickly moved his right hand back to the handle and trigger of his rifle, grabbing it and firing it,” the lawsuit states.

After the officer shot Amir in the knee, shattering his kneecap, he allegedly “covered his badge with black tape and covered his body camera.”

“Mom, they shot me,” Amir started to yell, according to the documents. “I can’t move it.”

As Amir started screaming, Crystal Worship asked officers in the next room if they were “shooting” the children, the lawsuit says. Officers allegedly refused to tell her what happened and “lied to her and told her they shot someone walking past outside.”

The lawsuit also alleges Eric heard his brother being shot while another officer pointed an assault rifle at him. He was handcuffed and placed in a squad car alone for an hour before officers held him at the station for five hours, according to the documents.

Amir Worship was transported to the hospital after the bullet “entered his joint and partially exited the back of his leg on the right side”—an injury that required surgery, the lawsuit states.

The boy was initially hospitalized for four days after the surgery, and later returned after he “developed complications from infection” which included a high fever, blurred vision, and blacking out twice, the family says.

“According to an orthopedic doctor, Amir will not be able to play any sports again, will have difficulty in physical education, will walk with a limp, and will have difficulty walking and running for the rest of his life,” the lawsuit states.

A spokesperson for the Country Club Hills Police Department declined to comment on Thursday’s lawsuit, citing an ongoing investigation with the Illinois State Police. Richton Park Police did not immediately respond to The Daily Beast’s requests for comment.
    Exactly what is the point of these raids? They're raiding as though they're looking for a cartel leader, I recall a case where an elderly man was killed because an "informant" suspected drugs, no proof of drugs, just suspected, and they raided the house killing an 80+ year old man for nothing. It seems out of the western nations America is the only one that uses military tactics for no fucking reason.

Another event I want to highlight is this:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/youre-...mpa-as-he-dies

Handcuffed and pinned to the ground on the side of the road, Tony Timpa begged Dallas police officers more than two dozen times for help before he fell unconscious and died, according to newly released body-camera footage.

“You’re gonna kill me! You’re gonna kill me! You’re gonna kill me!” he continuously yelled.

In the footage, officers can be heard mocking the 32-year-old Dallas man—who called authorities for help in 2016 after taking drugs and forgetting his schizophrenia medication—for several minutes. When cops finally loaded him into an ambulance, he was already dead.

“You will see how long it is that it takes for them to realize he’s not doing anything,” Geoff Henley, Timpa’s family attorney, said Wednesday.

The body-camera footage, first obtained Tuesday by The Dallas Morning News, reveals the gut-wrenching minutes leading up to Timpa’s August 2016 death while in police custody. The officers involved were initially indicted in 2017 for misdemeanor deadly conduct, but prosecutors dismissed all charges against them two years later, saying all three men did not act “recklessly.”

at 5:15 an officer says I hope I didn't kill him AND THEN LAUGHS ABOUT IT

On August 10, 2016, Timpa called police from an adult video store parking lot about 10 minutes outside of Dallas for help, saying he was off of his prescription schizophrenia medication and high on cocaine. Before Dallas police arrived, Timpa was handcuffed by security guards for attempting to run into traffic.

According to police reports, Timpa’s “aggressive and combative” behavior forced officers to keep him restrained. The video shows Timpa pleading for help and clearly struggling as he’s held down by police.

One of the officers can be seen pinning Timpa face-down on the ground with his knee in his back in what’s called the “prone position,” a restraining technique that’s highly controversial.In the first minute of the footage, Timpa wiggles around near the curb while struggling to sit up. Police claimed that officers were forced to restrain Timpa with his stomach to the ground in order to stop him from escaping and running into a busy intersection. But about a minute later, a police car can be seen blocking traffic near the bus bench where the officers had pinned him.

“Please let me go, please,” Timpa cries repeatedly.

Still restrained by his hands and feet, the 32-year-old becomes unresponsive after several minutes of pleading. At this point, officers in the video can be heard laughing and mocking Timpa, one even noting that he is “out cold.” His nose is buried in the grass when officers claim to hear him snoring—apparently unaware that the unarmed man is drawing his last breaths.

When Timpa snorts, the first responders begin joking that he fell asleep.

“It’s time for school. Wake up!” another cop says, earning laughs from the group.

Mimicking a whiny teenager, another officer responds: “I don’t want to go to school! Five more minutes, Mom!”

In the video, paramedics don’t begin CPR until at least four minutes after Timpa loses consciousness.

“He didn’t just die down there did he?” an officer asks while Timpa is being loaded onto a gurney and put into an ambulance. “I hope I didn’t kill him.”

Before the body cam is shut off, one officer turns to someone and says: “Sorry. We tried.”

A spokesperson for the Dallas County Medical Examiner’s Office confirmed to The Daily Beast that Timpa died from a sudden cardiac arrest due to “the toxic effects of cocaine and the stress associated with physical restraint” for over 13 minutes. According to the spokesperson, Timpa died within 20 minutes of police arriving and at least 15 minutes before he was transported to Parkland hospital.

Timpa’s death was ruled a homicide.

In 2019, Dallas County District Attorney John Creuzot dismissed the charges, saying that all three medical examiners who testified before the grand jury had indicated the officers did not act “recklessly.”
    Nice to see that officers still are above the law. If they think he is unconscious why the fuck are they still restraining a now unconscious man in this way? In a way that is already controversial because of the issues that can arise?

The problem with this and most cases is not that officers just do shit like this but that officers also get away with it does anyone truly think the officers in this case should have had charges dropped? Why not let this go through to jury and see what happens there have them see the video and then make a decision? But no we have to rely on people who work with the officers to charge their buddies.
    Last edited by Themius; 2019-08-09 at 08:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    The problem with this and most cases is not that officers just do shit like this but that officers also get away with it does anything truly think the officers in this case should have had charges dropped? Why not let this go through to jury and see what happens there have them see the video and then make a decision? But no we have to rely on people who work with the officers to charge their buddies.
    This is the biggest thing that needs to happen to fix this. The individual instances don't concern me as much, as they are 1) Cherry picked from an absolutely vast pool of law enforcement incidences, and 2) Usually told from the witness's perspective as the department itself doesn't comment, which means we likely don't have the whole story.

However, what we do know is that the system in place to hold Police Officer's accountable relies on prosecution from teams that are forced to work closely with the Police Department, and when combined with the inevitable tendency of the Department to cover for their own, this makes any sort of accountability system unenforceable in practice. While I typically reserve judgement in any specific situation, the overall fact that bad things do occur, and that we must deal with those, should be uncontroversial. Our current system to address it is broken as hell, and that is where we need to focus our efforts if we want to see any changes.

The way the system should work is that state and federal agencies are supposed to provide oversight, and then legislative bodies provide oversight above that. However the broken nature of American politics and political appointees has left the chain broken at every level. It is easier politically to do nothing, so you can complain about the problems on the campaign trail, then it is to fix anything about the system itself. No matter what you do, you will enrage one or more group of people, that will dedicate lobbying and voting efforts against you. If you maintain the status quo, there will be no consequences.

I'm of the belief that when it comes down to an innocent civilian's life and an officer's life the civilian should win out. In a case like this the officers should be charged with assault with a deadly weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I’m seeing the word “allegedly” a lot in the article. I’d like to wait till more evidence is introduced before finding the cop guilty.
    Sorry, people above any other with force of weapons are NOT to be trusted.

I'll say it so no one else has to

"Crystal Worship" is probably the most ghetto, "i had my kids out of wedlock with 3 different men, none of whom are around and thus i live on welfare and won't ever be able to give these children the life they deserve" name i've ever heard. I think only 'Faith' comes close to that shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactis View Post
    Sorry, people above any other with force of weapons are NOT to be trusted.
    innocent until proven guilty.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post

"Crystal Worship" is probably the most ghetto, "i had my kids out of wedlock with 3 different men, none of whom are around and thus i live on welfare and won't ever be able to give these children the life they deserve" name i've ever heard. I think only 'Faith' comes close to that shit.
    Exactly in what way is that relevant to the topic? And men laughing and making jokes in the second case?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Only 50k for your kid to be crippled for life seems really low. But it’s America so they Proabbly won’t even win that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post

are we victim blaming here? wtf does this have to do with the fact that a 13 yr old is now dead. this is one of the most ghoulish things i've ever seen posted here.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    innocent until proven guilty.
    LIES. In the US today, Always the other way around if you don't have the money. Always Guilty.... ALWAYS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Only 50k for your kid to be crippled for life seems really low. But it’s America so they Proabbly won’t even win that.
    Shit, go to the DR what maybe 5000$ tops to assassinate a legend baseball player. shit, I bet someone would do it for a few eight balls here in the states.

7+ Year Old Account
    I’m seeing the word “allegedly” a lot in the article. I’d like to wait till more evidence is introduced before finding the cop guilty.
    Ignoring the second story do you think the 12 year old shot him self in the knee?

10+ Year Old Account
    LIES. In the US today, Always the other way around if you don't have the money. Always Guilty.... ALWAYS.
    so everyone who goes in front of a jury is automatically guilty just by the mere fact that they are in a courtroom?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Exactly in what way is that relevant to the topic? And men laughing and making jokes in the second case?
    Doesnt surprise me. I've already seen handcuffed people repeadiately punched out of chairs and the "taser test fire range" at a video booking area at a county jail.

so everyone who goes in front of a jury is automatically guilty just by the mere fact that they are in a courtroom?
    Yup, having to pay speeding tickets, having to pay for any crime. Guilty! always.

If you've got the money you can just get off of most serious crimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, having to pay speeding tickets, having to pay for any crime. Guilty! always.
    and their can be NO possibility that the trial is to determine if the party is guilty....then why bother with a jury at all and just have every case be a closed sentencing with no lawyers just a "court" with a judge who just hands out sentences.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    Doesnt surprise me. I've already seen handcuffed people repeadiately punched out of chairs and the "taser test fire range" at a video booking area at a county jail.
    how does the victim's name have ANYTHING to do with that?

and their can be NO possibility that the trial is to determine if the party is guilty....then why bother with a jury at all and just have every case be a closed sentencing with no lawyers just a "court" with a judge who just hands out sentences.

- - - Updated - - -

Public trial I find great. Still though, can be corrupted with money. I like your idea better. HANGING!

10+ Year Old Account
    Public trial I find great. Still though, can be corrupted with money. I like your idea better. HANGING!
    i never said anything about hanging....

- - - Updated - - -

It was in relation to the men laughing and callous behavior.

7+ Year Old Account
    I didn’t even read the second story because it happened a few years ago.

In regards to your question, I’m sure the child didn’t, but that doesn’t mean the cop didn’t have a reason to shoot him. As said, until more evidence is introduced, I won’t be finding the cop guilty just because a news article has made it seem like he is.

If you want to do that, be my guest.
    What possible reason could swat have had to shoot a 12 year old?

Like I said, I’ll wait till the evidence shows why he shot him. I’m not going to assume anything and be part of a witch-hunt because of this article.
    Doesn't matter why he shot him. The officer should immediately be fire, hung, or given life sentence for killing a human being.