Page 1 of 2
LastLast

wtf resto dps, two-shotting mobs

I leveled to 120 before a day or so and I sold all the weapons that I had for enhancement because they were useless greens and I wanted to play resto. I was thinking, how am I going to grind world quests now? so, I gave it a try as a resto because I didn't want to bother with elemental. The result? I actually kill the mobs faster than before. It might be that I'm a bad enhancement but honestly, the mobs drop fast with the lava bursts. Just what is going on with wow...

Resto has a lot of snap DPS, so when doing WQs and the like it's surprisingly good. When levelling my resto through dungeons it was fun seeing how many DPS I could out damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is done that way so healers can actually do quest on the world, the same reason I level as resto, on the lower levels lighting bolt even does way more damage than magma lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard logic at it's finest...
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

resto lava burst hitting harder than elemental, reason #238 why i quit.

MoP lava burst > BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    resto lava burst hitting harder than elemental, reason #238 why i quit.

MoP lava burst > BfA.
    ????? Mop is the expansion where Lava Burst started hitting like a noodle.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    ????? Mop is the expansion where Lava Burst started hitting like a noodle.
    lol what? MoP was the expansion where elemental had fucking silly burst, i could beat rogues, locks, mages hunters easy.

it hit hard in wrath but you had so so few lava bursts it didn't matter, ascendance stormlash skull banner lust fire ele and hello #1 on the meter, elemental has never had better burst since, worse in wod worse in legion worse in bfa, anyone can outburst an elemental shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Resto Druids are kinda similar boat.

Personal fav is feral affinity —> innervate yourself to remove energy costs —> glorious mash of buttons.

lol what? MoP was the expansion where elemental had fucking silly burst, i could beat rogues, locks, mages hunters easy.
    Lava Burst was only kinda good once they buffed it by 25% and increased its casttime by 33%, which was still an overall gain because the Legendary Meta Gem having like 50% on Ele.

It wasn't that strong, especially before that fix.
    The auto crit of Lava Burst still continued to screw over scaling, which also impacted Ascendance later on because Crit was essentially useless during that time, the Meta Gem also started to devalue Haste once BL and whatnot was running.

it hit hard in wrath but you had so so few lava bursts it didn't matter
    In Wotlk a single lava burst dealt quite some damage, as neither Ascendance nor Lava Surge existed.

ascendance stormlash skull banner lust fire ele and hello #1 on the meter
    In my experience, other classes surpassed Ele in terms of burst, because their CD stacking was far stronger.
    If Balance hit their CD macro and used Celestial Alignment, Incarnation & Nature's Vigil together, that was a % increase fiesta.

of course wrath lvb hit hard but every 8 seconds? meh.

of course wrath lvb hit hard but every 8 seconds? meh.
    Quite true, but secondary got kinda whacky near the end of Wotlk.

With people reaching like utterly insane amounts of Haste, a spell that scales poorly with Haste and no crit interaction will obviously suck sooner or later.
    After all, a lot of people did rightfully point at Lava Burst for Elementals long standing scaling issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Quite true, but secondary got kinda whacky near the end of Wotlk.

With people reaching like utterly insane amounts of Haste, a spell that scales poorly with Haste and no crit interaction will obviously suck sooner or later.
    After all, a lot of people did rightfully point at Lava Burst for Elementals long standing scaling issues.
    they did so we got WoD lava burst....thanks people whining you fucking buried a spec.

they did so we got WoD lava burst....thanks people whining you fucking buried a spec.
    Being dependant on Lvb damage is still shite due the lack of crit scaling and heavy dependance on FS uptime (Target switch and such).
    And solving the scaling issue of Elemental was basically one of the biggest complaints of the spec since Wotlk.

Personally, Lvb felt cool in Wotlk, then it just fel like a burden due the reasons above.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Resto Druids are kinda similar boat.

Personal fav is feral affinity —> innervate yourself to remove energy costs —> glorious mash of buttons.
    Didn't think innervate worked with energy. I'll have to look into that.

Being dependant on Lvb damage is still shite due the lack of crit scaling and heavy dependance on FS uptime (Target switch and such).
    And solving the scaling issue of Elemental was basically one of the biggest complaints of the spec since Wotlk.

Personally, Lvb felt cool in Wotlk, then it just fel like a burden due the reasons above.
    it did but wotlk elemental was pretty braindead, i cannot imagine going back to that playstyle, to me cata and mop only made elemental better and more fun, more skill, more choices, more survival more utility, but wod...just killed it dead, and legion elemental did get more but what it got didn't work at high level, it couldn't keep up in like mythic 20+ it was worthless in tomb of sargeras, not good in antorus without constant cleave or just retarded ES boot procs & ascendance glove procs. rng > skill every day of the week.

and BfA well it just had nothing, i don't know i quit before 8.1 the spec just put me to sleep m+ was boring, raiding was boring.

it did but wotlk elemental was pretty braindead, i cannot imagine going back to that playstyle
    Most specs were still rather simple in design in Wotlk.
    After all, BC was still the era of spamming a single button for most casters.

to me cata and mop only made elemental better and more fun, more skill, more choices, more survival more utility
    When GC called Elemental one the most simpler specs within the game in MoP, he was 100% right.

In Hindsight, MoP had its upsides such as Lightning bolt on the move - which however absolutely simplified the spec, it just made it so damn easy to play.
    On other hand, Elemental talents were just boring.

The only additional damage button you could add to your bar were Elemental Blast and Unleashed Elements (if you talented Unleashed Fury), both talents were pretty much ST talents by simply keeping on them on CD without much thought required and were exclusive on top of that.

Elementals were also just shit, at least now PE makes FE;EE and especially SE interesting to use.

I liked MoP Elemental, but in hindsight i disliked how damn simplistic the spec was and there was in terms of damage, no real way to add some complexity into it via talents.

retarded ES boot procs & ascendance glove procs. rng > skill every day of the week.
    Ditched that shit the second i realized Shoulder+Boots are superior.
    Which was really fun to play with the T21 Set bonus.

and BfA well it just had nothing, i don't know i quit before 8.1 the spec just put me to sleep m+ was boring, raiding was boring.
    8.1 most certainly improved Elemental by a mile, you were really turned into a cannon, one that does actually serious damage.

Right now, due the hotfixed Igneous Potential, Elemental is damage wise super fun to play, the EotE,MotE,Icefury build is just great - and mobile on top of that.
    Especially because it actually has a reasonable skill cap, it's not rocket science but it is most certainly not something you just pick up and master, you have to develop a feeling for the rotation.
    If you played the Icefury build in Antorus, you kinda have an idea what you currently play live, except a bit more difficult due Master of the elements also affecting LB.

Elemental also is a god for multi dot fights because the huge benefit you get out of multi dotting FS, while i usually complained over the FS CD, it really adds a skill cap on encounters if there's a noticeable benefit to be gained from multi dotting FS.

The 8.0 version of Elemental was bad, like 4.0 level of bad, but right now i'm living through Firelands 2.0 except better because the spec actually requires some thought to play.

Having awesome PvP stuff like being one tough shit to kill in Ghostwolf and Lightning Lasso is just icing the cake.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2019-04-18 at 07:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Didn't think innervate worked with energy. I'll have to look into that.
    It used to but I'm pretty sure they fixed that not long ago.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

When GC called Elemental one the most simpler specs within the game in MoP, he was 100% right.

In Hindsight, MoP had its upsides such as Lightning bolt on the move - which however absolutely simplified the spec, it just made it so damn easy to play.
    On other hand, Elemental talents were just boring.

The only additional damage button you could add to your bar were Elemental Blast and Unleashed Elements (if you talented Unleashed Fury), both talents were pretty much ST talents by simply keeping on them on CD without much thought required and were exclusive on top of that.

Elementals were also just shit, at least now PE makes FE;EE and especially SE interesting to use.

I liked MoP Elemental, but in hindsight i disliked how damn simplistic the spec was and there was in terms of damage, no real way to add some complexity into it via talents.

Ditched that shit the second i realized Shoulder+Boots are superior.
    Which was really fun to play with the T21 Set bonus.

8.1 most certainly improved Elemental by a mile, you were really turned into a cannon, one that does actually serious damage.

Right now, due the hotfixed Igneous Potential, Elemental is damage wise super fun to play, the EotE,MotE,Icefury build is just great - and mobile on top of that.
    Especially because it actually has a reasonable skill cap, it's not rocket science but it is most certainly not something you just pick up and master, you have to develop a feeling for the rotation.
    If you played the Icefury build in Antorus, you kinda have an idea what you currently play live, except a bit more difficult due Master of the elements also affecting LB.

Elemental also is a god for multi dot fights because the huge benefit you get out of multi dotting FS, while i usually complained over the FS CD, it really adds a skill cap on encounters if there's a noticeable benefit to be gained from multi dotting FS.

The 8.0 version of Elemental was bad, like 4.0 level of bad, but right now i'm living through Firelands 2.0 except better because the spec actually requires some thought to play.

Having awesome PvP stuff like being one tough shit to kill in Ghostwolf and Lightning Lasso is just icing the cake.
    MoP elemental simple? then why did they make WoD elemental, that shit was simple apart from BrF 4piece. stand still lvb/lb, move? do fuck all get rekkkkttt on dps, nothing simpler than pressing no buttons at all.

EB unleash elements SWG & lb on the move all felt great to play with and it meant elemental didn't get heavily punished for moving, and it didn't top single target standing still either, how dare a spec be reliable huh, elemental is famous for no gain for good rng and last on dps for bad rng, wonder why everyone changed to boomkin, mage, lock and hunter in WoD.

after that we "progressed" to if elemental moves it's shit, if it stands still it's shit shame GC left by then so we couldn't tell him how easy that is to play.

i played PvP upto the max honor rank in Legion as elemental 22? 26? i forget, icefury, multidotting, lots of damage on the move at the right time, 100 maelstrom no DR stuns or lightning lasso all fun.

but then 8.0 takes all of it away and makes it shit? sure its back for 8.1 but for how long? how long till it's fucked again, certainly 9.0 will make elemental horrible, boring and just nonsensical to play and i've had enough of retarded devs not having a clue whats going on and needing 6 months to fix what wasn't broken until they decided it needing breaking.

MoP elemental simple? then why did they make WoD elemental, that shit was simple apart from BrF 4piece. stand still lvb/lb, move?
    Gauging whether you can still and continue casting kinda makes it more difficult to play.
    Obviously if you do not care about min maxing it makes no difference, unless you want to argue that pressing your movement buttons and LB at the same time is somehow difficult to you.

So yeah, playing within tighter rules creates greater difficulty, the question is whether said increase is rewarded, which is however another debate.

100 maelstrom no DR stuns or lightning lasso all fun.
    You rarely played Lasso before 8.1, because the damage was abysmal.

how long till it's fucked again
    No idea, how about enjoying it now?