Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    You're literally not figuratively proving my point. The cleave is their meal ticket and go to. Single target right now 11 specs are ahead of them and Assassination beats it every day of the week. So they will be losing their main attribute which is aoe and with that sayonara.

  2. #22
    You've been OP for almost 1 year and even with the 15% damage nerf you'll still be a better pick than half the spec of the game.

  3. #23

    XD

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    raider.io/mythic-plus-rankings/season-bfa-3/all/world/leaderboards-strict
    Isn't it great to have MDI groups running 3x outlaw?

    I wonder how many outlaws think that the reason that they are crushing others players/specs in m+ dps is because they are just much better at pushing buttons?
    Last edited by Ygg; 2019-08-10 at 10:44 AM.

  4. #24
    LMAO who cares just go play one of your other two broken dps specs ??? Not like Rogue is EVER in a bad spot.

  5. #25
    How i see it. The only thing this gonna change in the groups is outlaw gonna be changed to assassination and still get a guaranteed slot due to utility

  6. #26
    lets say that Nerf was justified, but what about our single target outlaw? Isnt the worst single target spec in the game right now? im ok with a Nerf on multi targets but gives a little buff on the single target common !!

  7. #27
    They should stop nerfing / upping classes based of the MDI players imho

  8. #28
    Remember the game is not only M+.

    I'm looking forward to see how much Outlaw will fall in raids... If it is too much I hope Blizzard will offer a small single target buff. Change the buff roll system.

  9. #29
    WTF DO YOU MEAN THEY ARE STILL ROGUES LMAOOO

    You know, the class with THE MOST utility in the game and has been since the game's inception. Losing their AoE won't do diddly fucking squat.

  10. #30
    its like the legendary system in legion, it took you 2months to get your bis legs with your spec to find out a week later that this spec just got nerfed, so you had to go back and farm other legs for the new favor of the month spec. Same shit with the azerite gear. Pain in the fu*** ass

  11. #31
    Titan Aggrophobic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Gothenburg/Bangkok
    Posts
    11,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    "Killed" lol.

    Cut the hyperbole. Outlaw rogues were vastly over-performing by every margin in M+10 to the point you could easily bring two of them and were even preferred.
    True but the nerf is quite substantial and it will make the spec way worse than a few other AOE-specs such as DH. The extra utility rogues bring will hardly be worth enough to make them a good pick now.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    True but the nerf is quite substantial and it will make the spec way worse than a few other AOE-specs such as DH. The extra utility rogues bring will hardly be worth enough to make them a good pick now.
    except shroud is still better than what any other class brings cause if you dont have to fight that pack, why fight that pack.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    >minor nerf to something that was really powerful
    >"OH MY GOD THEY KILLED THE SPEC REEEEEEEEEEE"

    every time
    they are dead now, just like prot warriors /s

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    15% lol?
    It's 15% out of 45% which means 33% reduction to cleave plus the keep your wits nerf. This is a huge nerf and it will most likely kill the spec since it's greatest strength just got a whole lot weaker.
    its greatest strength? its greatest strength was it was good at EVERYTHING. best aoe,best survivability, best utility.

    get over it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Outlaw were too good in M+, though they should've buffed other specs.
    rogues were an obvious outlier. when 5 mans are bringing 3 of them, its easier to nerf the overperformer.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Dribb1es View Post
    You know, the class with the most utility in the game and has been since the game's inception. Losing their AoE won't do anything
    Rogue's utility is mostly focused on M+.

  15. #35
    The Lightbringer Niwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,692
    Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    So right now for the sake of MDI rogues have 2 dead specs. So nice of Blizzard to sucker punch nerf this spec mid patch after most people just finished farming their level 3 essences. Now I'll have fun being a subpar assassination for months until i get lucky enough to get decently rolled azerite armor and gear.
    seriously, thats the reason why i stopped playing core dps classes as main in an expansion.

    first:

    i only like 2 of 3 specs for all of the core dps classes. i LOVE my mage. i LOVE frost and arcane. but i hate fire. same with sub and outlaw for rogue. they play fast, while assa feels slow as chewing gum. i do not like surv of hunter but the other 2 specs. and i hate demo of lock, since they changed it a few years ago.

    so, all in all, this means, if i play a core dps, at some point mid of the xpac, blizz will force me to be utterly bullshit or play a spec i hate (which happens with mage frost and fire in 8.2 as example). this means all my investment until then is lost and/or i have to play a spec i hate and end my fun of playing my class. this sucks.

    on the other hand, the one and only dps spec some classes have, will always perform well. never as good as the one best spec of core classes, but not far away. and blizz has to keep it up, because every ret or shadow on this planet will shitstorm when they are longer than 4 weeks at a position like i.e. arcane mage, because its their ONLY dps spec.

    this will be always the case. it happens since warcraftlogs exists and you can clearly watch it there from year to year to year. and its logical, when you say that core dps have to be a few percent better in average than hybrids and when you also say that hybrids only dps spec should be not garbage. with that mindset you MUST have the other core dps specs and the second hybrid specs like i.e. feral, enhancement, etc. at the bottom. because there have to be someone at the bottom. and this is the obvious choice when you think about it.

    so, blizz is doing it absolutelly right here. and this lefts us with a rule of thumb: when you do not like playing really ALL of the 3 specs of a core dps class and you wanna be competitive and having fun, do not play a core dps class. play a hybrid class with only one dps spec instead, and you are safe.

    second:

    the investment (the problem you offered).

    when playing a hybrid spec with 1 dps spec you will (as damage dealer) invest all of your time, currencies (manapearls, valor points or whatever), gearing (stats, essences, trinkets, gems, enchants, whatever) in that one and only spec. blizz rarely change stat priority for one spec. and if they do the difference will not be that huge. but when you have to switch core dps specs, it could happen something like this:

    - spec 1 favors haste and crit over all. versatility is lower mid. mastery is COMPLETE garbage.
    - spec 2 favors mastery completely over all. followed by crit and versatility mid way. and haste is COMPLETE garbage.

    these relations exists at some core dps classes. if you played spec 1 and blizz decided to nerf it into the ground while overbuffing spec 2 like hell (as often happened mid xpac with core dps classes), you have to re-gear yourself heavily.

    also all the other investment, like you said, essences, specific trinkets, etc. are now worthless (in some cases).

    this will never happen with the one dps spec of some hybrid classes. it will ofc also change a bit here and there. but this is a whole another story. way less tremendous.

    third:

    this is foremost the case when you look at Legion and BfA (and their game concepts seem here to stay):

    - hybrid dps perform super good, when you look at boomies or shadows in both xpacs.
    - some core dps have lost their „a few percents ahaed“ throne, when you look at mages and hunters i.e. until 8.2
    - both xpacs heavily focused on detailed spec specific investment. In Legion it was Legendaries, per spec AP and essences. in BfA it is better, but still Azerite Traits, Essences, Trinkets (and maybe stuff like benthic gear).

    last words:

    blizz WILL ALWAYS heavily buff and nerf core dps specs while an xpac is running. they HAVE to do that, just because otherwise all the players that decided to play the non-performing specs will never perform well the whole xpac and get angry. so, with core dps classes they HAVE to rotate the specs, performance wise, in one xpac lifetime. the ups and down with one-dps-only hybrid specs are way less dramatic.

    so, if you have a lot of free time and like/accept re-gearing and really like all 3 specs, a core dps is the right choice and will put you always on top of the meters. but if you ok to accept to be second-fourth on the meters and do not wanna be forced into a spec you do not like, you better play a hybrid with 1 dps spec.

    at least, these are my 2 cents after 14 years of wow gaming.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2019-08-10 at 11:37 AM.

  16. #36
    Pandaren Monk Strikeywikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    1,794
    It's called being balanced. Do you just ignore the fact that most groups were taking 2-3 outlaw rogues as their dps. You're still gonna be strong, you're just not gonna be miles ahead. You had your fun for months, now get back in line.

  17. #37
    The Lightbringer Niwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,692
    Quote Originally Posted by crymoreplz View Post
    its like the legendary system in legion, it took you 2months to get your bis legs with your spec to find out a week later that this spec just got nerfed, so you had to go back and farm other legs for the new favor of the month spec. Same shit with the azerite gear. Pain in the fu*** ass
    as showed above, thats the price you pay, when you wanna play a core dps spec (foremost rogue since a few years) to be always top of the meters.

  18. #38
    Could be worse. Try being a tank this expac.

    My veng dh in legion could legit solo a 40 man raid team of my veng dh in Bfa. I’d cut through them like Sauron in the opener to LOTR.

    The amount of power taken away from tanks from legion to Bfa dwarfs any class nerf

  19. #39
    I can agree that the lateness of the balance changes is an issue because this has pretty much been known for a long time now it was a problem. As for it being balanced.. well.. like I said everyone knew it was a problem and the only reason it wasn't expected is because they let the problem fester for an insanely long time and I would still imagine outlaw is still the top pick for M+ even after this.

  20. #40
    Titan Aggrophobic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Gothenburg/Bangkok
    Posts
    11,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Multitorix Davlen View Post
    except shroud is still better than what any other class brings cause if you dont have to fight that pack, why fight that pack.
    Not as useful this season though and it's not exclusive to outlaw of course.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •