View Poll Results: How many lore heroes will N'Zoth kill?

Voters
142. This poll is closed

62 43.66%

20 14.08%

23 16.20%
  • 3+

37 26.06%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I know this is not the point of your thread and that I am probably nitpicking, but I don't understand what's your definition of a "major villain". N'Zoth is not the major villain of BfA -- Or rather, he is not the only major villain of BfA, are we suddenly going to ignore all the shit that Sylvanas caused in the first half of the expansion?

vanilla: Cthuun - 0
    BC: Illidan - 0
    C'Thun was not the major villain of Classic. Nefarian, Onyxia, and Kel'Thuzad had more of a presence than him to be honest.

Illidan was not the major villain of TBC. It was Kil'jaeden. He is the one who opened the Dark Portal through Kazzak and instigated the War in Outland. In usual Kil'jaeden style, you did not realize his deceit until the very end, when he attempted to enter Azeroth through the Sunwell. Illidan barely did anything in TBC and randomly died in the first patch (even Blizzard admitted they failed in building up Illidan as a major villain after the hype).

MoP: Lei-Shen - 0
    WoD: Archimonde - 0
    Again, sorry but what? Lei Shen was a minor villain in MoP. The Sha were the main villains of the first half of MoP, with Garrosh being the main villain of the second half. Archimonde wasn't the main villain of WoD, as he appeared with no build-up at all in the last 5 minutes of the story. Grommash (6.0-6.1) and Gul'dan (6.2) were the main villains of that expansion's underwhelming story.

Legion: Sargeras - 0 (made a pathetic flailing swipe at the Vindicaar in his cinematic just to drive home the point he can't kill anyone)
    Calling him the major villain of Legion is unfair towards Gul'dan, Elisande, and Kil'jaeden, who had much more presence in the story than Sargeras during the first half of Legion. Sargeras only started being relevant in 7.3 (his previous disagreement with Kil'jaeden wasn't relevant).
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2019-08-10 at 08:49 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Magni has literally no powers so it would be underwhelming.
    Luke Cage fans would not agree with you, some times diamond body can be pretty useful ->What if Magni gonna be swallowed by N`zoth , then Magni able to rip him from inside out (he he maybe eat his way out)
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Arthas killed plenty of heroes before... Uther, Antonidas, Sylvanas, Anasterian.

Sargeras killed Broxigar.

Illidan didn't have to kill anyone, he dealt with villians, such as Tichondrius or Magtheridon.

And I don't agree that Varian death was a waste, because thanks to him plenty of people could run away - Genn also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    So, let's review the major villains of each expansion and how many lore heroes they actually killed 1v1 in the expansion itself.

Arthas killed Uther, Sylvanas etc BEFORE WoW, not in the expansion itself.

I WOULD agree that allowing Arthas to kill Uther, Sylvanas, etc was EXCELLENT storytelling. Arthas straight up KILLED lore heroes. He murdered Sylvanas and raised her as a banshee to serve him. That was a TREMENDOUS way to build up Arthas as a credible threat. Stuff like that made Arthas a fan-favorite. Because he COULD win. He did kill heroes. He was legit.

But none of that happened in WoW, which is the problem with WoW.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    He had the perfect opportunity to kill both Jaina and Lor'themar and didn't do it so.. I'm thinking he's probably not killing anybody.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

I'd say as soon as Arator shows up on the front stage, you can mark him as a big target. Because he'll be the catalyst to send Alleria into a vengeful crusade with the Void elves against the Old Gods, and the Lightbound will have to get involved.

Arthas killed Uther, Sylvanas etc BEFORE WoW, not in the expansion itself.

I WOULD agree that allowing Arthas to kill Uther, Sylvanas, etc was EXCELLENT storytelling. Arthas straight up KILLED lore heroes. He murdered Sylvanas and raised her as a banshee to serve him. That was a TREMENDOUS way to build up Arthas as a credible threat. Stuff like that made Arthas a fan-favorite. Because he COULD win. He did kill heroes. He was legit.

So are you just gonna pick the comment that is obviously not what the thread was talking about while ignoring all the comments arguing against your point?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

You want villains to kill heroes directly. Im pretty sure hitler was a villain and im also sure he didn't kill anyone personally.

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    yikes. thinking you need violence to tell a compelling story. someone needs to read a book
    There is nothing compelling about the current WoW story because we are gods. We defeat everyone and everything. YOU need to go read a book. These villains are garbage.

Take for example Star Wars episode 4. That film is actually a horror film.

1. The opening scene is the Empire captures Leia's ship. They SLAUGHTER everyone on board. Vader walks in and personally strangles the commander and tosses the corpse.
    2. The Stormtroopers are legit. They act as a detectives, and deduce the droids are on Tattooine. They track them to the jawas. They slaughter the jawas. They track them to the farm and slaughter Owen and Beru. (the stormtroopers were turned to garbage in episode 6 when they got beat down by ewoks. But this is BEFORE that crap).
    3. Vader and Tarkin drag Leia to the bridge of the Death Star and force her to watch and as they blow up her home planet and kill everyone she knew growing up.
    4. Vader tortures Leia in her cell.
    5. Vader outright kills Obi-Wan Kenobi 1v1, and does it right in front of Luke.
    6. The Empire tracks the rebels to the moon of Yavin and move in for the kill.
    7. Vader personally gets in a TIE fighter and shoots down Luke's friend and kills him in a fighter duel right in front of Luke.

Its nothing but madness and death and destruction until the last second when Luke hits the target and blows up the Death Star.

Compare THAT with the story of ... WoW. Comical villains that can't kill anyone significant. We rope a dope the biggest baddest titan like Sargeras and he cannot kill anyone and looks like a moron hiding in a cloud. WTF?

Go read a BOOK.

I would swear up and down that the writers of WoW have never seen episode 4. They couldn't have. Or they wouldn't write the trash they do.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2019-08-10 at 09:37 PM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping the number is at least 1 and that number includes the bitch Jaina! I'll be so glad when she's gone....

I think that RTS has much bigger potential in story telling compared to MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagrash View Post
    He had the perfect opportunity to kill both Jaina and Lor'themar and didn't do it so.. I'm thinking he's probably not killing anybody.
    He even ressed Azshara, so... he's a hero now.

Imagine if BfA was written in the style of Star Wars episode 4.

1. N'Zoth would act as a "living Death Star" and main villain.
    2. N'Zoth and a naga fleet in tow is chasing Jaina's ship and captures it and drags her in to torture her to discover secret azerite deposits and the heart of azeroth.
    3. Jaina refuses to divulge the information.
    4. Jaina is hauled up to the bridge where she sees the Naga fleet and the huge, pulsating, writhing N'Zoth positioned just outside Boralus.
    5. They ask her again to spill the beans. She doesn't. So they force her to watch as N'Zoth unleashes his tentacles and rips apart Boralus and kills everyone, including Jaina's family, friends, and loved ones.
    6. Khadgar and Anduin stage a rescue. Khadgar gets cornered by Azshara personally and they duel. Khadgar gets cut down by Azshara in front of everyone and they all flee in terror.
    7. The heroes collect the heart of azeroth and empower it with azerite and take it to stormwind.
    8. N'Zoth and the naga fleet show up outside stormwind ready to tear it apart.
    9. Lore heroes go on a counter assault to buy time to find a solution. 3-4 lore heroes outright die to either Azshara or N'Zoth in the battle before the empowered heart is used to beat them all back in the nick of time. Lor'themar, Genn Greymane, and Turalyon all die in the fight to N'Zoth whispers / tentacles / devoured in his maw or cut down by Azshara in a 1v1.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I'm hoping the number is at least 1 and that number includes the bitch Jaina! I'll be so glad when she's gone....
    Jaina has had this arc where she's lost her bitchiness in BFA. Sorry to disappoint you.

5. Vader outright kills Obi-Wan Kenobi 1v1, and does it right in front of Luke.
    This is all kind of ridiculous but as to this particular point, Obi-Wan literally puts down his saber and lets Vader kill him, and accomplishes his goal of letting the others escape. Isn't that precisely what you just said made Varian's death pointless? Do you even know what point you're trying to make?

Star Wars has always had a ridiculous story and holding it up as some pinnacle of writing kind of proves you're not qualified to make this thread.

Imagine if BfA was written in the style of Star Wars episode 4.

1. N'Zoth would act as a "living Death Star" and main villain.
    2. N'Zoth and a naga fleet in tow is chasing Jaina's ship and captures it and drags her in to torture her to discover secret azerite deposits and the heart of azeroth.
    3. Jaina refuses to divulge the information.
    4. Jaina is hauled up to the bridge where she sees the Naga fleet and the huge, pulsating, writhing N'Zoth positioned just outside Boralus.
    5. They ask her again to spill the beans. She doesn't. So they force her to watch as N'Zoth unleashes his tentacles and rips apart Boralus and kills everyone, including Jaina's family, friends, and loved ones.
    6. Khadgar and Anduin stage a rescue. Khadgar gets cornered by Azshara personally and they duel. Khadgar gets cut down by Azshara in front of everyone and they all flee in terror.
    7. The heroes collect the heart of azeroth and empower it with azerite and take it to stormwind.
    8. N'Zoth and the naga fleet show up outside stormwind ready to tear it apart.
    9. Lore heroes go on a counter assault to buy time to find a solution. 3-4 lore heroes outright die to either Azshara or N'Zoth in the battle before the empowered heart is used to beat them all back in the nick of time. Lor'themar, Genn Greymane, and Turalyon all die in the fight to N'Zoth whispers / tentacles / devoured in his maw or cut down by Azshara in a 1v1.
    So basically you're just some kind of torture fetishist?

This sounds like some cheap shock value writing. It's all fucking terrible.
    Last edited by Briselody; 2019-08-10 at 11:11 PM.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd gamble on 1.

I feel like he'll corrupt at least one and make us kill him. If we count that sort of thing the numbers up there definitely go up. Deathwing and his old god buds corrupted Benedictus. Any major lore characters about to be in focus who happen to be priests?

Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    So basically you're just some kind of torture fetishist?

This sounds like some cheap shock value writing. It's all fucking terrible.
    Why are you playing BfA which has a lovecraftian entity as its main villain? Do you think its gonna bonk you in the head with flowers?

I can guarantee you that BfA will end like E3 of S8 of Game of Thrones (since Blizz admitted to being inspired by Game of Thrones). N'Zoth attacks Uldum where Wrathion is preparing to activate the Forge of Origination. Zekhan freaks out during the battle and has to be saved by Saurfang who immediately gets stabbed through the back by a Qiraji soldier. Gallywix gets crushed to death by a huge Soggoth-type N'raqi but stabs him through the eye with his Azerite cane before succumbing to his wounds. Baine dies protecting Anduin.

Meanwhile N'Zoth assumes a mortal form and does slow mo walk towards Wrathion. Player character is bogged down fighting N'raqi somewhere. Nathanos briefly fights N'Zoth and gets wrecked. N'Zoth and Wrathion have a tense stare off while epic music plays (maybe a slowed down and more dramatic version of Legends of Azeroth?). Suddenly Sylvanas rees out of nowhere and stabs N'Zoth with Xal'atath, ending the threat of the Old Gods once and for all.

After the battle we see Sylvanas cry over the body of Nathanos. Zekhan tells her that she was honorable all along and then all the remaining Alliance and Horde leaders join hands and sing Kumbaya.

BfA brought to you by David Benioff & D.B. Weiss.

Why are you playing BfA which has a lovecraftian entity as its main villain? Do you think its gonna bonk you in the head with flowers?
    The same kind of lovecraftian entity that was a boss in Vanilla? Have you noticed an abundance of rape and murder happening since then?

You're a sick puppy and there's other avenues for you to deal with that than Warcraft.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Technically, we had the most on-screen good-guy character deaths in Legion.

Varian, Vol'jin, Tirion, Ysera and I guess some I forgot (I did all the classes except Wlock, but I don't rly remember more).

Thing is, you can't look at Gul'dan or Sargeras as singular entities for a 'villian'. The 'villian' was the Legion as a whole.
    Obviously Sargeras (as the main bad) wasn't going to be 1v1'd by any lore character, hell not even our own.

As for the question: I hope N'zoth takes out Magni at least. That said, Magni has literally no powers so it would be underwhelming. I would love him to kill Jaina and Thrall already, but I guess they didn't re-hire Metzen for 2 content patches only. So bummer.
    I think you're underestimating Magni. Before his transfiguration he was a powerful warrior and one of the most skilled blacksmiths in the world. Don't forget he was the one who forged the Ashbringer. We don't know what kind of powers he might have gotten from his transformation, and if the Titans propensity for creation enhanced his existing skills as a smith he might have some really impressive tricks up his sleeves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I can guarantee you that BfA will end like E3 of S8 of Game of Thrones (since Blizz admitted to being inspired by Game of Thrones). N'Zoth attacks Uldum where Wrathion is preparing to activate the Forge of Origination. Zekhan freaks out during the battle and has to be saved by Saurfang who immediately gets stabbed through the back by a Qiraji soldier. Gallywix gets crushed to death by a huge Soggoth-type N'raqi but stabs him through the eye with his Azerite cane before succumbing to his wounds. Baine dies protecting Anduin.

Meanwhile N'Zoth assumes a mortal form and does slow mo walk towards Wrathion. Player character is bogged down fighting N'raqi somewhere. Nathanos briefly fights N'Zoth and gets wrecked. N'Zoth and Wrathion have a tense stare off while epic music plays (maybe a slowed down and more dramatic version of Legends of Azeroth?). Suddenly Sylvanas rees out of nowhere and stabs N'Zoth with Xal'atath, ending the threat of the Old Gods once and for all.

After the battle we see Sylvanas cry over the body of Nathanos. Zekhan tells her that she was honorable all along and then all the remaining Alliance and Horde leaders join hands and sing Kumbaya.

BfA brought to you by David Benioff & D.B. Weiss.
    Wow. I know you're a sad, sad little man who's addicted to a franchise you hate but lack the willpower to give up, so you come onto these forums spewing hate and bile everywhere to try to fill the emptiness in your life and all. But this level of cynicism and spite towards a fictional reality is just plain depressing. Get help.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagrash View Post
    Him killing isnt what he wants anyway. It seems he wants to portray himself as the saviour against the forces of death. Which is why 0 is likely.

Manipulation is his game. Why kill what can serve?