Mythic + Gearing.

Recently returned after years of not playing. I’m currently coming to grips with how the game has changed in many ways although the core is effectively just the same.

What’s the best way to view M+ in turns of my item level and what I can run? I’ve found conflicting information on the internet and M+ didn't exist back when i played (WOTLK)

I see this as a means to an end and I have no desire to re run the same dungeon everyday but on a difficult increase each time. I just want to raid in the long run but understand I need gear this way first.

I came back about 2 week ago, leveled up, finished the war campaign, been doing WQ’s along with LFR, Time walking, HC Dungeons and Nazjtar - My item level is now 390. Is this an acceptable amount of gear to do Mythic 0 and work my way up? Ultimately I want to get to a point where I can Raid HC and possibly Mythic as this is what i enjoy doing most within this game. What's an acceptable item level to raid HC EP?

I’ll look for a semi HC guild when I’m gear ready for that.

Cheers.

390 is a perfectly acceptable item level to run mythic 0 dungeons, but because we're now a little bit into season 3 (an overall item level increase in gear) groups are zerging them again and expecting people to be 430+, especially true for mount-drop dungeons like Freehold and Underrot.

Just best creating your group, but 390 is perfect for 0. You could even start doing some lower end Mythic+ keys, but again, you probably won't get into pugs unless it's your own.

People just want geared+experienced now.

#1. Start with mythic0, which 390's is plenty for.

#2. Learn the dungeons from guides and personal experience. Even trash has mechanics you need to know about.

#3. Once you know the dungeons, 390's is fine for low keys (2-4).

#4. Work your way up a bit (gear caps at +10 keystones.)

#5. Be at ilvl 425 in no time.

It's possible you may even enjoy these dungeons more than you enjoyed dungeons in the past. I use to be a raid-only person (in terms of PvE) but the advent of the keystone system with Legion has been great for me. Nothing is perfect but, overall, I enjoy the system quite a lot.

Find 3-4 people of the same armor type and similar gear level and spend a day spamming M+ together.

Go from 396 to 425 in a day.
    Last edited by Poe; 2019-08-12 at 11:59 PM.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Apply and talk to guilds to find out an acceptable itemlevel for raiding. They might take you earlier. My guild has taken socials that were not even 120 in the past. Why wait and play with pugs, when you can gear up together in a trusted group?
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    Find 3-4 people of the same armor type and similar gear level and spend a day spamming M+ together.

Go from 396 to 425 in a day.
    425 spamming low level keys?

If you dont like m+ you could just do raids to gear. Like back in the days. Nothing in that regard has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    425 spamming low level keys?
    spam low level keys until geared enough to do higher keys which won't take long if you have a group like I described.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're looking to raid, don't forget to check out the benthic gear. Some of that is basically BIS for a fair few classes/specs. Make sure you roll the correct piece with a socket before you spend pearls upgrading it, though.
    We're a band of vicious pirates,
    we depend on RNG.
    If I only get one buff,
    then bury me at sea

As well, depending on if you are solo or not, gaining a 10 key through your friends or guild shouldn't be overly challenging for the weekly cache. So long as you follow basic mechanics it isn't hard to bring a friend through a higher key for baseline boost.

I also recommend you do the daily conquest supply drop and invasions across the zones. Every week of conquest cap gives you a 415 item and a 410 baseline in the pvp chest. The supply caches also drop 395 gear that can titanforge/warforge.

I would also start with rolling with your coin on the world boss for a chance at a higher ilvl piece unless you can do a higher key.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can easily get a 410 weapon in a day by doing PvP. All you need is 500 conquest and most Epic BGs have a quest which grants 150 conquest.
    On a newly dinged 120, I did this:
    Immediatelly go for Nazjatar to get 370 weapon in a couple of quests (this is a bit hard for a newly dinged 120, but guards help killing monsters). Once you're done with the initial quests to unlock your base you'll have bout 20-25 essences and you can buy 4-5 Benthic items.
    PvP in a few BGs and earn that 410 weapon. This will also grant you the conquest needed for weekly pvp chest which grants great gear.
    After that you can run some heroic dungeons (IMO after exhausting PvP quests it's quite slow to earn Conquest) and then you'll be 380 ilvl in no time to do latest LFR.
    Try to do a heroic Warfront. I believe the quest grants 435 ilvl item (I got 445 leggings out of it).
    For an easy 410+ tinket, do Mechagon questline.

But I'm also rather new to BFA and I'm sure I have missed some early game goodies.