Thread: DH tanks m+

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

DH tanks m+

Hey guys,

have you already tried DH tanks in m+? I really enjoy it after the buffs, here is why:

+very good DPS
    +very mobile
    +good utility with sigils
    +meta is now very strong
    +hps can shoot very high

-sometimes if I am not careful very spiky

which talents do you use in the last row? I use last Resort. I would like to try soul barrier but since last resort proccs very often I don't think I should switch. Which essences do you use?

Main question:
    how are DH tanks on higher keys? I only reached +14.

Greetings

Always LR for M+, too much random shit can happen like an interrupt being missed, something extra being pulled or etc just a good safety net to have. I run Anima as major and Aegis as minor for M+. If you're doing big pulls I'm not sure there is a better combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Always LR for M+, too much random shit can happen like an interrupt being missed, something extra being pulled or etc just a good safety net to have. I run Anima as major and Aegis as minor for M+. If you're doing big pulls I'm not sure there is a better combo.
    I used to run LR as well, but I am finding that SB is way better for the pugged Mythic+ crowd. SB has saved me and my healers many many times where as I can only think of one or two occasions where LR actually helped. I will preface this as someone who is still learning M+ and not getting very high yet but I just feel way smoother and in control with SB. Take that for what it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyi View Post
    I used to run LR as well, but I am finding that SB is way better for the pugged Mythic+ crowd. SB has saved me and my healers many many times where as I can only think of one or two occasions where LR actually helped. I will preface this as someone who is still learning M+ and not getting very high yet but I just feel way smoother and in control with SB. Take that for what it's worth.
    It is basically impossible to die if LR procs, so I fail to see how it didn't save you. You can even use it on purpose as an extra CD for situations like waycrest tree boss and extend the period before a reset is needed.

Soul Barrier is good at absorbing a predictable big hit you know is coming, and hour of reaping can accomplish the exact same goal without wasting a talent spot on it. Soul Barrier was stronger before hour of reaping existed, but with it, it's value went down tremendously.

It is basically impossible to die if LR procs, so I fail to see how it didn't save you. You can even use it on purpose as an extra CD for situations like waycrest tree boss and extend the period before a reset is needed.

Soul Barrier is good at absorbing a predictable big hit you know is coming, and hour of reaping can accomplish the exact same goal without wasting a talent spot on it. Soul Barrier was stronger before hour of reaping existed, but with it, it's value went down tremendously.
    Like I said, I am new to this so it may just be that I like the idea of having control over the barrier. Perhaps due to not pushing super high keys yet o haven’t seen the value added from LR. Again, it’s why o stated it the way I did.

and hour of reaping can accomplish the exact same goal without wasting a talent spot on it. Soul Barrier was stronger before hour of reaping existed, but with it, it's value went down tremendously.
    thanks for the tip with the azerite trait, I will give that one a try!

Always LR for M+
    found the player giving bad advice

Quote Originally Posted by AgilityTank View Post
    found the player giving bad advice
    You're welcome to give your own super pro advice, but you don't seem to be doing so or contributing anything at all to the thread so... buh bye.

You're welcome to give your own super pro advice, but you don't seem to be doing so or contributing anything at all to the thread so... buh bye.
    nothing super pro about it, LR is garbage in m+ bc it has a 8m cd and doesn't reset on death any more.

nothing super pro about it, LR is garbage in m+ bc it has a 8m cd and doesn't reset on death any more.
    Still no actual advice given other then "hurr durr it's bad".

So please explain what is better. Soul Barrier? DPS loss, and it's niche role already filled by a trait.

6% passive DR? lol. Literally does almost nothing.

8 min CD = 2 or 3 get out of jail free cards per run, nothing is even close in that row for M+. No it's not as broken in M+ as it used to be, but it's still by far and away the best in the row for it.

Still no actual advice given other then "hurr durr it's bad".

So please explain what is better. Soul Barrier? DPS loss, and it's niche role already filled by a trait.

6% passive DR? lol. Literally does almost nothing.

8 min CD = 2 or 3 get out of jail free cards per run, nothing is even close in that row for M+. No it's not as broken in M+ as it used to be, but it's still by far and away the best in the row for it.
    80 percent of the top 100 vdh in keys disagree with you

Feel free to back it up with actual proof.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you are not choosing level 100 talent based on key level + that week's particular affixes, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by FaceYourself View Post
    If you are not choosing level 100 talent based on key level + that week's particular affixes, you're doing it wrong.
    Imagine not choosing Fallout in M+. Great insight my dude lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Imagine not choosing Fallout in M+. Great insight my dude lol.
    Thank you!

Feel free to back it up with actual proof.
    http://www.raider.io

Of the top 10 dh that were veng when io last scanned: 7 used last resort, 1 used soul barrier, 2 used void reaver.

You probably should have found something to link that actually supported your argument. Lol.

Edit: went through top 60. 68.4% used last resort, 13.2% used reaver, 18.4% used barrier.

I stopped checking after that because you already proved yourself wrong.
    Last edited by Mardux; 2019-08-14 at 11:52 AM.

You're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Of the top 10 dh that were veng when io last scanned: 7 used last resort, 1 used soul barrier, 2 used void reaver.

You probably should have found something to link that actually supported your argument. Lol.

Edit: went through top 60. 68.4% used last resort, 13.2% used reaver, 18.4% used barrier.

I stopped checking after that because you already proved yourself wrong.
    He's clearly just trolling because he's couldnt be more wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxhokie View Post
    He's clearly just trolling because he's couldnt be more wrong.
    Careful using the "t word" on here, true or not.