Thread: DH tanks m+

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Guys, I need some help. Is there anything that can boost my single-target dps? I am at ilvl 417 and i am doing 8-9k ST.
    Can't post any links. "Spöktösen" at raider.io.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sipelele View Post
    Guys, I need some help. Is there anything that can boost my single-target dps? I am at ilvl 417 and i am doing 8-9k ST.

Thanks.
    You're likely wasting souls or not keeping fracture on CD however, you're not using the mechagon trinket with cyclonic blast which by itself is probably a 15-20% ST dps increase at the current dps you state you're doing. Soul Barrier is also a dps loss, since it uses souls every 30s that could be used on Spirit Bomb so not a good talent to take if you're worried about dps.

How are your opinions on gluttony? I saw some dh's running with this talent, often combined with vision of perfection. Is this for the farm status? Did you guys still run spirit bomb and last resort with necrotic?

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmwut View Post
    How are your opinions on gluttony? I saw some dh's running with this talent, often combined with vision of perfection.
    It's viable with VoP, Lucid Dreams and talenting FTD. It's a boring ass way to play the game though, and still rng dependent on if the meta procs are actually useful or not.

I dunno, unless I'm pushing my team to their absolute limits and sincerely risk regularly dying -- LR doesn't seem like a smart choice over VR. VR saves a small amount of healing the entire time whereas you might never use LR at all. I haven't used SB in so long I can't remember the last time it felt... good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sipelele View Post

Thanks.
    I use some weak aura's to help. If you have demon spikes just sitting there at two stacks, you're wasting them probably. If your pain regularly hits 100 -- you're wasting pain. Spirit Bomb at 4+ souls.

My first stuff is Fracture, Fracture, Immo, Spirit Bomb, Shear.

This gives me VR and Frailty debuffs.

Infernal Strike + Sigil of Flame = more DPS. Keep IF on cool down unless you need the mobility.

Use your brand regularly. An unused CD is a wasted CD. Don't be scared.

AS, Fallout, FC, Fracture, Quickened Sigils, Spirit Bomb, Void Reaver are my talents.

I mean.. unless you actually need Sigil of Chains but looking at your logs, you're just barely into Heroic so... I doubt Chains would be of any use except in trash pulls.

Worth noting, simply doing your rotation should give you pretty good numbers inherently.

Ghostlands - Manndh is my DH. Pretty sure I'm the only one with that name.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    I dunno, unless I'm pushing my team to their absolute limits and sincerely risk regularly dying -- LR doesn't seem like a smart choice over VR. VR saves a small amount of healing the entire time whereas you might never use LR at all. I haven't used SB in so long I can't remember the last time it felt... good.
    A healer isn't going to heal you 6% less simply because you talented VR, it doesn't work that way. In the end it's not a big enough difference to alter the way the healer has to heal you- so it's better to have a safety net and something that can be deliberately used as another CD then just some minor, passive mitigation.

That said you're running 7s, so I get you might not understand the value of LR yet but you will as you progress. There is a reason all the prot wars last season where using the shitty bwonsomdi trinket in M+(and last resort is way more powerful then that), cheat deaths have amazing value on high keys where one mistake can global you.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-09-06 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    My first stuff is Fracture, Fracture, Immo, Spirit Bomb, Shear.
    You mean Soul Cleave, not Shear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's viable with VoP, Lucid Dreams and talenting FTD. It's a boring ass way to play the game though, and still rng dependent on if the meta procs are actually useful or not.
    Not sure that I've seen anyone use LD with VoP/Gluttony. FTD would only get used in raid. I used VoP/Gluttony on M Orgozoa and I still didn't run FTD.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    A healer isn't going to heal you 6% less simply because you talented VR, it doesn't work that way. In the end it's not a big enough difference to alter the way the healer has to heal you- so it's better to have a safety net and something that can be deliberately used as another CD then just some minor, passive mitigation.

That said you're running 7s, so I get you might not understand the value of LR yet but you will as you progress. There is a reason all the prot wars last season where using the shitty bwonsomdi trinket in M+(and last resort is way more powerful then that), cheat deaths have amazing value on high keys where one mistake can global you.
    110 Row can be situational depending on the affixes and to some extent the dungeon you are running. Also might depend on comp and healer your running. VR really just makes us a bit more tankier with the lack of armour and mitigation when DS is down. Soul barrier could be good on Shadow of Zul as he absolutly wrecks tanks with magic damage. Warriors were struggling in the MDI with that mini boss on fortified. Im sure there some other situational bonuses for that talent as well. LR still probably edges out as the best that cheat death is really good esp with big pulls.
    "We Choose Truth over Facts" - Joe Biden
    "You're too old to vote for me" - Joe Biden

We need to completely demolish MAGAFT

How are your opinions on gluttony? I saw some dh's running with this talent, often combined with vision of perfection. Is this for the farm status? Did you guys still run spirit bomb and last resort with necrotic?
    I run gluttony normally with vision of perfection. I love it. Meta procs all the freaking time, and i find it a lot more fun than the spirit bomb build.

Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    I run gluttony normally with vision of perfection. I love it. Meta procs all the freaking time, and i find it a lot more fun than the spirit bomb build.
    I guess I try to get this essence and will try it. I can't imagine that missing spirit bomb is fun. Thanks for the feedback!

I can't imagine that missing spirit bomb is fun.
    Was thinking the same thing... It seems like a viable build and also seems like the most boring shit ever. The good ole 2 button rotation shear shear soul cleave! I would be bored to death playing that.

Was thinking the same thing... It seems like a viable build and also seems like the most boring shit ever. The good ole 2 button rotation shear shear soul cleave! I would be bored to death playing that.
    It gives good tankiness but its a snorefest.

Quote Originally Posted by Broflake View Post
    It's no different than spirit bomb, except you're using soulcleave instead of spirit bomb.

It's no different than spirit bomb, except you're using soulcleave instead of spirit bomb.
    Umm, in a spirit bomb build you use both and actually use more soul cleaves then spirit bombs with an optimal rotation.

A SB build requires you to pay attention to your souls, and pain dump with soul cleave when you have no souls. A gluttony build would literally be just pain dumping with soul cleave the entire time, soul count never matters. What a boring ass way to play, up there with guardian druid for most boring tank play style.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-09-29 at 06:12 PM.

You use both with spirit bomb.Huge DP?S loss if you dont.

Quote Originally Posted by Broflake View Post
    Actually I got the essence and I tried it, with gluttony instead of spirit bomb. And oh my god, I'm actually invincible. I also took void reaver for the extra 6% damage reduction. I heal sometimes more than the healer in overall hps (for example in freehold +13 with a +2 upgrade) and don't have problems with my overall sustain (on both, fortified and tyrannic).

I really enjoy how strong it is, but I lost overall 5k dps per dungeon run. That's why I struggled with skittish this week, which is an affix I usually ignore.

Meta proccs very often but I can not say if it's from gluttony or the essence. Next week I will try the essence with spirit bomb and try to compare since I lose a lot of dps.
    Last edited by Sturmwut; 2019-10-02 at 03:34 AM.

so how is talent setup for gluttony build? is it just gluttony instead of spirit bomb. or is there like a guide for that build?

Also what major essence and other essence are best. i'll got neck at 67 so got all spots open.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqindra91 View Post
    so how is talent setup for gluttony build? is it just gluttony instead of spirit bomb. or is there like a guide for that build?

Also what major essence and other essence are best. i'll got neck at 67 so got all spots open.
    You should also probably take FTD over fracture if you don't talent SB. Most of the reason to talent fracture is it makes the SB rotation feel better, non existent benefit without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqindra91 View Post

Can't tell you very much about essences since my demon hunter is just a twink I don't want to farm them on that twink too. I only got the m+ essence, vision, and the very first you get. I like anima since it increases your hp, which also get buffed from the meta % hp increase. But if I could choose, I would take the magic absorb, conflict and strife for versatility or aegis of the deep.

For talents I would just change to gluttony, still with fracture. The last row is up to you, as always. Since I don't progress on m+ (only +15). I don't need last resort that much and play with void reaver, to smooth out incoming damage even more.

You should also probably take FTD over fracture if you don't talent SB. Most of the reason to talent fracture is it makes the SB rotation feel better, non existent benefit without it.
    for m+ I wouldn't take FTD, because with fracture you get way more and faster souls and pain to dump, which results in more meta proccs with gluttony. Also, fracture gives you more dps, since without spirit bomb your dps suffers already a lot.

Every time Meta proccs your armor and hp get so hard boosted, with only meta I have around 17k armor, with demon spikes I reach over 27k armor.