Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

This is Why I LOVE Classic

5 hrs into a play session am 1st person to respond to an Alli RFC run request. First time playing Alli and I’m only lvl 12 but no one minds that or having to wait for me to get to Stormwind so I can follow the group to the Horde Zep in STV because I don’t know the route. Several group deaths getting to the Zep and countless more long corpse runs in Durotar to get into RFC. The group stayed together through thick and thin for about 2 1/2 hours in total…I even got kudos from the group for my old school CC’ing on a mage. Stayed up to 2:30 am because I was having such a blast with a great group…and all on a toon that’s getting wiped from existence tomorrow.

That’s what Classic is all about for me.

Can’t wait for the real thing.

My experience from the previous beta testing:

Ended up playing like 6 hours in stress beta as an Undead Warrior (I had it as level 5 from the first stress test).

I got to level 7 and went to the quest with the Gnolls and the Wanted: Maggots Eye.
    Bastard was so tough (3 levels is orange, ouch) and aggro radius was bigger than usual and he owned me with his gnoll pals.
    Killing gnolls alone one by one carefully was also tough but fun.

Then I decided to ask who wants to join for these quests, had a rogue and a priest join me. Priest didn't have the Wanted quest so I shared it.
    We ended up beating these gnolls, completing both quests for everyone. We shared potions, spirit scrolls, gear drops and ended up questing together for like 3 hours, reaching level 10 together.

After that, the priest had to go so I stayed with the rogue and we decided to go try RFC in orgrimmar.
    I invited a mage, a warrior tank and a different priest to heal us.

Turns out you need to do a quest to gain sunder armor/defensive stance/taunt so the tank went to do it while we tried silly kiting strategies to kill the elite mobs that are higher 3-4 levels than us and had so much fun with it.
    When the tank returned, we engaged a pack of 3 mobs with 1 mob being CC'd, one being kited around the instance by me with Hamstring and the 3rd being killed off (a pack containing levels 13,14 and 15 mobs).

During one of the tries, I even shared my health regeneration potions with 3 members of the group (as I had only 3 potions) to hopefully have a bit more survivability during kiting tactics. A health potion once saved me from dying during a kiting attempt of a boss, when the slow ran out and I had to reapply it and start running away again but then got slowed by the boss itself.

Many times we killed one mob, due to many misses/resists/parries/dodges we missed a slow/CC and had to zerg a mob down only to then have half the group die and having to just RUN outside the instance to survive and reset them to their positions. Same tactic with the Gnoll boss which was level 16.

We were at it for like 2 hours? Can't remember the time it takes for trash mobs to respawn again but when they started respawning, after reaching the demon boss (something the hungerer) so we called it a day and thanked everyone for the amazing fun and laughs we have had.
    No one left at the first sign of a wipe, no one complained on fails but everyone just had fun and were supportive and progressed really slowly, killing off a mob to make the next try easier with 2 mobs instead of 3, until we mastered this tactic and started clearing much faster than at the beginning.

All in all, an amazing experience that reminded me why I started playing WoW in the first place and just makes me realize how much of a chore playing BFA is, I just log in for 3 minutes and find myself wanting to log out and do something else instead.

Classic WoW can't come soon enough!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensa1 View Post
    5 hrs into a play session am 1st person to respond to an Alli RFC run request. First time playing Alli and I’m only lvl 12 but no one minds that or having to wait for me to get to Stormwind so I can follow the group to the Horde Zep in STV because I don’t know the route. Several group deaths getting to the Zep and countless more long corpse runs in Durotar to get into RFC. The group stayed together through thick and thin for about 2 1/2 hours in total…I even got kudos from the group for my old school CC’ing on a mage. Stayed up to 2:30 am because I was having such a blast with a great group…and all on a toon that’s getting wiped from existence tomorrow.

That’s what Classic is all about for me.

Can’t wait for the real thing.
    Oh man that sounds like a great night and like you said; Just in the spirit of Vanilla when it was best.

I still remember playing on an alt in Westfall around 01.00 or more in the night and a few people in general started to talk about disliking PUG's. I chipped in and 30 min later we decided to do a PUG rug to BRD and so I relogged to my main (Warrior Tank). It was late, we where tired and had plenty of wipes and corpse runs but we pressed on until one person fell asleep at his keyboard lol. A few days later I got a mail in my inbox from the healer who had done a blogg about the whole thing. She had wrote how awesome it all had been and incurraged people to keep an eye out for our names because we where "the good ones". Several people replayed to this blog with things like "Yeah I've seen Bildur and/or this person hang around in Ironforge" etc.

For me that story will always stand for how great Vanilla could be. I do have other good stories, such as the priest I met who lended me the gold I needed for my first mount and never expected to see that gold again until I mailed it to her and a year long irl friendship was formed (turned out she was from my country and lived an hour away).

However things has changed, our culture has changed and I'm doubtful we can get this back - but reading your post gives me hope - so thank you

One day my son came home from school and I showed him a weapon that dropped in Shadowfang Keep. I asked him if I should sell it for 10 Gold...

He turned red AND PURPLE at the same and asked if I was cazy! “ That is THE shadowfang knife ! he yelled, are you insane” ?

That is just one of the reasons why I want to play WoW Classic again, that ... and relive my endless quest for my Paladin Horsie...

Not only is the game better the people are nicer and when you log off at the end of the night you feel better about your gaming adventures.

Retail WoW is in a lot of trouble, after these past two days its clear to me this game holds up in 2019 better than even i thought it would.

Yeah dude, i had a similar experience on stress test. Several actually.

I hope "actual" Classic will be like this, but we never know.
    Stress Test might be a different community than Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Yeah dude, i had a similar experience on stress test. Several actually.

I hope "actual" Classic will be like this, but we never know.
    Stress Test might be a different community than Classic.
    Steer clear of the popular servers and it will be 100%.

The fact that you're going to play with people you're going to see again change everything.

Cross server was a bad idea.

Otherwise i'm bored waiting for the 27...

With the layering it is still a question if you see other people again.

Quote Originally Posted by cealis View Post
    With the layering it is still a question if you see other people again.

that's what friends list are for (though I agree the less layering the better).

I grouped with many people while leveling 1-15. I played as a Nelf, and bumped into a rogue I had grouped with when travelling through the Wetlands, heading for Stormwind. We ended up making a group for Deadmines which was great fun. There is a completely different feel about Classic, and I really had to push myself to log into retail today to farm manapearls for Benthic upgrades.

Idk we already have shit things going on, so while there is good there is horrid shit going on in the classic community.

Goglemmagg had two discord servers set up, they spoke and decided they would merge the servers, instead the guy leading the smaller one then when given admin powers completely deleted the larger one.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Idk we already have shit things going on, so while there is good there is horrid shit going on in the classic community.

Goglemmagg had two discord servers set up, they spoke and decided they would merge the servers, instead the guy leading the smaller one then when given admin powers completely deleted the larger one.

there's "horrid shit" going on in retail...heck there's "horrid shit" on these very forums...you can find negative examples in every game if you look...and its why you you just don't hand admin powers to total strangers you just met..but Fel...you're been very negative on Classic all along...so I'll take your comment with a big grain of salt and please see my other thread:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...Solemnly-Swear

I Do Solemnly Swear:

A) That if I hate Retail WoW I won't post in threads in the WoW General Discussion forums telling those that like Retail WoW what a piece of utter crap it is;

OR

B) That if I hate Classic WoW I won't post in threads in the Classic WoW General Discussion Forums telling those that like Classic WoW what a piece of crap it is.

Give Peace a Chance we can all get along together.
    Last edited by Sensa1; 2019-08-11 at 03:26 PM.

There is crap everywhere.
    But in the end what matter is what will be the "majority".

The majority will be what we feel in the interactions with the community.

One could still have bad luck and encounter a lot of bad behaviour, even if the majority is cool and chill community.

Well have to wait and see.

there's "horrid shit" going on in retail...heck there's "horrid shit" on these very forums...you can find negative examples in every game if you look...and its why you you just don't hand admin powers to total strangers you just met..but Fel...you're been very negative on Classic all along...so I'll take your comment with a big grain of salt and please see my other thread:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...Solemnly-Swear

I Do Solemnly Swear:

A) That if I hate Retail WoW I won't post in threads in the WoW General Discussion forums telling those that like Retail WoW what a piece of utter crap it is;

OR

B) That if I hate Classic WoW I won't post in threads in the Classic WoW General Discussion Forums telling those that like Classic WoW what a piece of crap it is.

Give Peace a Chance we can all get along together.
    Ive been very negative on classic all along because the players in the community are some of the worst i have met.
    i myself make videos about classic, i played vanilla, and i will be playing classic.
    i love it.
    but the playerbase is the most toxic ive seen.

Ive been very negative on classic all along because the players in the community are some of the worst i have met.
    i myself make videos about classic, i played vanilla, and i will be playing classic.
    i love it.
    but the playerbase is the most toxic ive seen.
    Well you've been very unlucky, i played a lot in classic, bc and wrath, and didn't meet a lot of assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 + 1 = 3 View Post
    Well you've been very unlucky, i played a lot in classic, bc and wrath, and didn't meet a lot of assholes.
    lololol that sounds like BS
    you seriously remember every single person you met in vanilla, bc, and wrath? i highly doubt that.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    that's what friends list are for (though I agree the less layering the better).
    Remind me if I remember right, but didn't Blizzard limit people to the archaic "50 friends" max? That's stupid.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

you seriously remember every single person you met in vanilla, bc, and wrath? i highly doubt that.
    Are you talking about people youve met in Vanilla or the Current crowd you see on forums?

The current people we see on forums is misleading...HELL mmo-c in general is misleading.
    The people posting here want to play classic...and for that reason alone they tend to dislike the current retail game.

Its this "hate" for the current game that is misleading.

Ofcourse people are going to hate on current game if they only love classic.
    They saw the game go in a direction they dislike. So ofcourse they are going to talk crap. There is no other way.

Or is there other type of toxicity you dislike from Classic crowd?

10+ Year Old Account
    He just remembers what his rose tinted goggles tell him to remember. Because pretending a game changes the way how people act sounds better than being honest....you'll get more flies with honey lies than vinegar truth.

People group up because they have to or the game is sluggishly slow, but they pretend it's because of "community". Who would of thunk players don't like moving at a sloth like pace? Gee maybe that's why things are different on live?