View Poll Results: Which Class is Preferred?

Voters
502. This poll is closed
  • Dragonsworn

58 11.55%
  • Necromancer

115 22.91%
  • Tinker

173 34.46%
  • Ranger

33 6.57%
  • Bard

82 16.33%
  • Other (In case I missed one)

41 8.17%
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Necromancer is my preferred logical choice. Bard is my preferred long-shot choice.

I don't want Tinker at all. I'd take Dark Ranger before them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer a class that hasn't been speculated on, hasn't been discussed endlessly about, and really has not been established as a "thing" in the lore. Would be nice for a fresh new concept out of left field from Blizzard.

Would be nice for a fresh new concept out of left field from Blizzard.
    fresh new concept out of left field from Blizzard.
    fresh new concept
    Blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    It is also why the king of Mechagon being cast as a crazy cartoonish bad guy was so disappointing. In the end... he was right in that we should be looking to get rid of the curse of flesh if we want to beat N'zoth. Maybe his tools and methods were shitty... but... he was actually smarter than basically every other NPC.
    I don't think we're done with Mechagon just yet. I believe that it will have major implications on the next expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy View Post
    My vote's on Tinker. There's a distinct lack of mail-wearers, bow/gun users, technologically-inclined class fantasies, positioning-based gameplay, deployable-based gameplay, classes with distinct visual appearances for each spec, and classes that can fill all three roles in a group.

Tinker can quite comfortably fit into all of those things.

Not to mention it'd be pretty appropriate if the next expansion winds up being about death or the void, since machinery itself is pretty much incorruptible by both of them.
    (Aside from fully sentient AI. Which wouldn't be a part of a Tinker's toolkit or identity.)

All that and the fact that there's literally no reason to believe it would only be Gnomes and Goblins. Plenty of races in the game are technologically savvy.
    There's one small problem with that: technology of different races has a different 'flair' to it. They'd have to make 'skins' for their summons, totem-style, or face an outcry about using goblin/gnome stuff no matter the race - which would look weird in some cases (such as if the Draenei could be tinkers in style of artificers).

As for bards... I don't think the competitive playerbase has a mindset for them. Pure support in a game dominated by meters of all kind? Not gonna work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahmeya View Post
    There's one small problem with that: technology of different races has a different 'flair' to it. They'd have to make 'skins' for their summons, totem-style, or face an outcry about using goblin/gnome stuff no matter the race - which would look weird in some cases (such as if the Draenei could be tinkers in style of artificers).
    Shamans, Druids and Demon Hunters already have race-specific appearances on some of their abilities. And even Hunters have some pets that are exclusive to particular races.

So I really don't see the harm in giving Tinkers their own racial aesthetics. And if the art team has been working on just that all this time, it'd certainly explain the dip in quality and quantity of Armor sets between Legion and BFA. (And the lack of Glyphs...)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy View Post
    Shamans, Druids and Demon Hunters already have race-specific appearances on some of their abilities. And even Hunters have some pets that are exclusive to particular races.

So I really don't see the harm in giving Tinkers their own racial aesthetics. And if the art team has been working on just that all this time, it'd certainly explain the dip in quality and quantity of Armor sets between Legion and BFA. (And the lack of Glyphs...)
    Yeah, those are valid points, but...
    it'd be a double-edged blade because there are many classes being ignored when it comes to visuals and stuff. If it didn't come with the once-mentioned and since-forgotten cosmetic class accessories, complains about neglecting old classes would rise again. And rightfully so.
    Heck, most hunter abilites are still using W3 icons from 2002. I am still waiting for multi-shot to get an icon that actually looks like multi-shot, not a random glaive icon. Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    Wait, the Titans are dead? You mean, the guys that we literally just met and helped out in Legion to stop the Burning Legion to imprison Sargeras during the Argus, the Unmaker fight? Pretty sure they're still alive. Sure they're lightyears away but still alive.
    Exhibit A of the type of casual that is killing WoW.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Necromancer is my preferred logical choice. Bard is my preferred long-shot choice.

I don't want Tinker at all. I'd take Dark Ranger before them.
    Wow, this is my exact take. I even voted Bard in this post's poll, even though thematically, Necromancer makes a lot more sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    Wow, this is my exact take. I even voted Bard in this post's poll, even though thematically, Necromancer makes a lot more sense.
    Necromancers really don't make sense. You already have Death Knights which are essentially Super Necromancers in plate armor, so why would you bring in a weaker variation of something you already have?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Necromancers really don't make sense. You already have Death Knights which are essentially Super Necromancers in plate armor, so why would you bring in a weaker variation of something you already have?
    Simply because in the eyes of those that want Necromancers, DKs don't represent what they have in mind. Simple as that.

There is not any other "better" reason to have necromancers over any other class. Blizz will expand the lore to fit whatever new class they want to introduce.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Exhibit A of the type of casual that is killing WoW.
    Yeah man, been killing it since Wrath. Don't really get what you're getting at as yes guess what, the Titans are still alive and kicking on the Seat of the Pantheon so sorry that apparently this casual proved you wrong and I guess that hurt your feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    Bards are pretty bad ass. Necromancers too, they should have already been in game a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Bards are pretty bad ass. Necromancers too, they should have already been in game a long time ago.
    Necromancers were added in WotLK over 10 years ago.

I think you're mistaking Necromancers with Death Knights. While similar, they're still as completely different in concept as Warlocks are to Demon Hunters.

just like how demon hunters were added about 15 years ago in vanilla?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

I want a tank-archon form on my mage. Gimme a 4th spec NAOW!
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

I'd like a Tinker but know why it won't happen:

1. People ask for it too much, so no;

2. There is Engineering in game;

3. Gnomes in mecha-suits? Didn't people hate piloting mechanics ever since those were put in game? And what does it mean - basically suit-based abilities rather than actual weapons and armor for the character? A cyborg-suit hybrid that counts as one thing? How would you put armor or anything else that exists in a game for it?

So basically no. Half-baked concept of steam punk fans. Would be cool, but too hard, and too much for Blizz to balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Toro S View Post
    3. Gnomes in mecha-suits? Didn't people hate piloting mechanics ever since those were put in game? And what does it mean - basically suit-based abilities rather than actual weapons and armor for the character? A cyborg-suit hybrid that counts as one thing? How would you put armor or anything else that exists in a game for it?.
    People mostly complain about vehicle combat. If mecha-suit functions as a druid form problems you outlined become moot.