View Poll Results: Which Class is Preferred?

Voters
502. This poll is closed
  • Dragonsworn

58 11.55%
  • Necromancer

115 22.91%
  • Tinker

173 34.46%
  • Ranger

33 6.57%
  • Bard

82 16.33%
  • Other (In case I missed one)

41 8.17%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Atleast change Ranger into Dark Ranger...... for sake of fair votes , i bet people not gonna vote for basic one.
    Honestly I agree. Hell, combine the two. Just add "Dark or otherwise" after Ranger. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy View Post
    Explain to me how casting Renew on a Rogue increases his damage.
    I'll wait. [SNIP]
    Easy. If the Rogue can stay alive longer with a Renew, then he does more damage than if he dies sooner.
    Or if the Renew enables the Rogue to stay in some ongoing low-damage effect and thus be able to DPS a boss, then also, the Rogue does more damage.

Also, I would give the Bard 2 specs.

Harmony for healing and buffing allies, Discord for DPS and debuffing enemies.

Harmony would have some minor damage effects, so it's not completely useless when some additional DPS have to be thrown in, but it has mostly healing effects. With every cast, you build up the Harmony resource, which you can spend on different buff effects via some kind of "Coda" spells (ST buffs use less Harmony then group buffs). Or you go with a system similar to a rogue's combo points and the more points you use, the more powerful your selected "Coda" becomes. Yes, it's something akin to the LOTRO Ministrel.

Discord would be the DPS spec, same functionality but with more focus on damage spells and only a bit of healing. And the "Coda" either puts debuffs on the mob (slow, ensnare, reduced damage, longer cast time, sunder armour, whatever else fits), or just deals a huge amount of damage like the Rogue finisher.

Since I am not a theorycrafter, I would leave numbers out of the equation. But I would give this class Heroism / Bloodlust as a buff, and call it "Inspiration" or something.

Edit: Beside Bard, I would be intrigued to get a Dragonsworn class. The others don't really have any appeal for me, and if I want to play a Necromancer, my beloved DK alt is waiting for me.
    Last edited by scubi666stacy; 2019-08-13 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scubi666stacy View Post
    Since I am not a theorycrafter, I would leave numbers out of the equation. But I would give this class Heroism / Bloodlust as a buff, and call it "Inspiration" or something.
    Definitely gotta agree with this, at least. A Bard would HAVE to have a Bloodlust ability.

i'd prefer dark ranger or necromancer.

but i'm ok with tinker, as long as it's not meme-ified.

I prefer to gradually unlocking 4th specs as hero specs or hero skins, rather than keep getting new classes.

But if new classes are Blizzard's decision, i would prefer Tinker or Dark Ranger.

This Dragonsworn thing is from WarCraft RPG right?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's crazy to see Necromancers beating out Dark Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    The only class that fits in the actual class/spec roster is Tinker. All the others make little sense.
    Necromancer does fit too contrary to what people try to sell you, both lore wise going forward into an undead expansion and beyond, they would have a healing spec and a dps spec.

Dark Ranger is more likely than Necro though but would fit a similar role, and tinker is up there as well.

I doubt we are getting a 3 spec class again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Necromancer does fit too contrary to what people try to sell you, both lore wise going forward into an undead expansion and beyond, they would have a healing spec and a dps spec.

Dark Ranger is more likely than Necro though but would fit a similar role, and tinker is up there as well.

The only reason the DH was 2 specs was because its design space was as shallow as a kiddie pool. Dark Rangers and Necromancers could possibly be in the same boat due to their proximity to existing classes.

The Tinker on the other hand could easily be a 4-spec class.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It's crazy to see Necromancers beating out Rangers.
    Fixed that for you.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

The people that say “no more new classes or races!!” You are the most boring people in the world.

I'll go with none.

The only reason the DH was 2 specs was because its design space was as shallow as a kiddie pool. Dark Rangers and Necromancers could possibly be in the same boat due to their proximity to existing classes.

The Tinker on the other hand could easily be a 4-spec class.
    In all honesty I want to see them do something different and give us 2 classes with 2 specs each, I don't think that is a stretch with their man power they have now

I feel like multiple choice should be best.

Just having one vote really splits everything. I want all classes cept Bard fairly equally. Unless the Tinker is Gnome/Goblin only, which takes it down a notch for being limited.

10+ Year Old Account
    In all honesty I want to see them do something different and give us 2 classes with 2 specs each, I don't think that is a stretch with their man power they have now
    Yeah, I prefer 3 spec classes. The DH feels like a limited experience due to it only having 2 specs.

Yeah, I prefer 3 spec classes. The DH feels like a limited experience due to it only having 2 specs.
    I don't mind it having 2 specs but they could have made a 2 Handed Polearm/Axe/Sword spec focusing more on magic damage.

Anything that makes use of ranged weapons. Whether it be Tinkerers deploying robots and turrets which copies your weapon, or some completely different class, I really don't care.
    If not that, then at least don't let it be another melee class.

Necromancer and Dark Ranger are rip offs of already existing classes, Tinkers are entirely new. You cannot make Necromancer or Dark Ranger that much different from a Death Knight or a Hunter. It boils down to a ranged Death Knight or a Dark Hunter.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Necromancer and Dark Ranger are rip offs of already existing classes, Tinkers are entirely new. You cannot make Necromancer or Dark Ranger that much different from a Death Knight or a Hunter. It boils down to a ranged Death Knight or a Dark Hunter.
    Not true at all, people with this view have no imagination. If anything Dark Ranger has the most potential out of the 2, but Tinker is up there as well.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    I'd honestly just rather a 4th spec. Since you could add all those things to another Class anyway.

DK - Necro spec.
    Dragonsworn - Mage Spec
    Tinker/Ranger/Bard - Hunter/Rogue Specs

Make them a "prestige" spec that requires a Storyline or something to unlock. Something New for old Classes, instead of just new classes.
    We all know how much people enjoy doing something with a character they don't want to play to unlock what they actually want to play...