View Poll Results: Which Class is Preferred?

Voters
502. This poll is closed
  • Dragonsworn

58 11.55%
  • Necromancer

115 22.91%
  • Tinker

173 34.46%
  • Ranger

33 6.57%
  • Bard

82 16.33%
  • Other (In case I missed one)

41 8.17%
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

I'd say bard from this list. I'd love to see more voidish classes (or specs), not just priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mumba View Post
    Anything that makes use of ranged weapons. Whether it be Tinkerers deploying robots and turrets which copies your weapon, or some completely different class, I really don't care.
    If not that, then at least don't let it be another melee class.
    Yeah. Really that's like, rule one as far as I'm concerned.

WoW actually has LESS ranged specs in it now than it did over 15 years ago, thanks to Survival Hunters.

It's time to finally add the very first new ranged class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragonsworn sounds the coolest, but it would need a bit more buildup before made playable. We need a few examples of NPC characters using dragonflight abilities.

Ranger is too close to hunter, but the same could have been said about Demon Hunter and Demonology warlocks. If Marksman got a rework, and hunters became the 'pet class' as opposed to the 'ranged class', it could work.

Bard would be wicked cool, but in the context of WoW as a game, I think it would lend itself better to a profession. I see bards as someone who would make an instrument and use it to buff the group as an engineer would make bombs to damage the enemies. A bard would sell services by playing songs that give weaker but long term death-persistent buffs in cities.

Tinkers and necromancers are indeed the best choices for new classes. There is indeed overlap with Death Knights and engineers, but not as much as people think.

Death Knights are a very specific kind of character. ALL playable death knights died before the war in Northrend. They were all hand picked by Arthas as decoys to draw out Tirion. They all witnessed the founding of both the Ebon Blade and Argent Crusade. Death Knights are one kind of character, former soldiers and they all are melee users. Necromancers are still alive (unless Forsaken is a playable option) and have a much more open background for players to choose from. Their abilities are less focused. They don't have to be melee, and are likely not going to be at all. If Priests and Paladins can be separate classes, then so can Death Knights and Necromancers.

Tinkers overlap with engineers in that they both like tech. That's it. The difference between a tinker and an engineer is that an engineer builds components and machines from raw materials, and tinkers are the ones that use them. Sure, many tinkers are also engineers. However, just because I can drive my car and know enough to fix and modify it doesn't mean that I can build one from scratch. I think a good analogue is that of Warriors and Blacksmiths. Everything a warrior is about comes from their weapons and/or armor. A warrior lives in his armor and fights with his weapon. He knows how to use and maintain both and keep them in top condition. However, said warrior might only produce a brittle lump of iron given the tools to craft his own sword, despite knowing every inch of his own blade deeply and personally. Knowing a forge is much different than knowing a weapon. The same is true for mechs and guns, the likely tools of a tinker.

Tlr, Tinker and Necromancer are perfect fits for the game in its current state. The other options...not so much now. Maybe later.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Not true at all, people with this view have no imagination. If anything Dark Ranger has the most potential out of the 2, but Tinker is up there as well.
    I have imagination, Blizzard hasn’t. If they had Demonhunter would have three specs.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I have imagination, Blizzard hasn’t. If they had Demonhunter would have three specs.
    I think that was a time constraint to be 100% honest, but they would lie about that I am sure of it lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spellbreakers and Wardens... only tinker if the Draenei have Artificer aesthetics.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I think that was a time constraint to be 100% honest, but they would lie about that I am sure of it lol.
    Maybe we’ll get it in then future, who knows. I mean they gave Druids a 4th spec so...
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I believe a new ranged class is in order, maybe a healer, or a heavy support class that uses throwing weapons, Call it a Jester and make it use tarot cards for buffs and throw knives

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iDruid View Post
    No new classes. They should just stick to races. I'd rather see playable Naga, Vulpera, Ogres, etc before yet more classes. Adding races still adds new content and dimensions to the game without creating balance issues.
    I really don't care about races, i care about getting new gameplay. Classes bring that. Balance issues are a player invented thing anyway..

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe we’ll get it in then future, who knows. I mean they gave Druids a 4th spec so...
    Feral Combat was confusing, two roles one spec. That is why they split it up to a 4th spec.

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    I really don't care about races, i care about getting new gameplay. Classes bring that. Balance issues are a player invented thing anyway..

- - - Updated - - -

Feral Combat was confusing, two roles one spec. That is why they split it up to a 4th spec.
    It also allowed them to properly buff their tanking without having to share talents make one spec super OP and performing well at both in a pinch.

15+ Year Old Account
    They did already an a$$ pull with the tanking spec (form) :S Ranged spec should have been possible aswell, I read an interview that they did discuss it multiple times during meetings. But finally decides against it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It's the most common name for a dragon-based class that there have been a bunch of different fan concepts of. Basically someone empowered by the different flights to use their magic e.g. bronze flight spec that heals by reversing wounds, shadowflame black flight dps spec, red/green flight tanking spec, etc.
    Interesting idea...

But I think I prefer the idea of unlocking a 4th spec for existing classes.
    I just don't have any confidence in Blizz...in that they won't screw over other classes, cannibalizing talents to create a new class.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Tinker for me. I want Dragonsworn as a max level advancement system. I would want Necromaners eventually but I don't really need them now; just use the right mog on an unholy dk and it meets the fantasy for me. I've never seen Bard done well and I don't expect to see it done right in WoW either. And I have no idea what people mean with Ranger? Dark Ranger? Shadow Hunter? Whatever void elf hunters are supposed to be?
    Ranger: a hunter without a pet.

Totally different than Marksman, which is a hunter without a pet.

Blizzard has already confirmed that DK = Necromancer, so it won't happen.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Interesting idea...

But I think I prefer the idea of unlocking a 4th spec for existing classes.
    I just don't have any confidence in Blizz...in that they won't screw over other classes, cannibalizing talents to create a new class.
    4th spec is always a wavy subject IMO. It's a great idea on paper, but then some classes really don't need another niche like Paladin 'Shockadin' ranged DPS or Rogue with yet another DPS spec.

And things like Warlock tanking or Hunter Pet Tanking have always been thrown around, but they're more of a dream scenario than reality. Ranged tanking really isn't a thing that I think Blizzard can balance easily. It just favours the Ranged tank too much to have it balanced around healing a pet that can be resummoned if killed.

15+ Year Old Account
    What is a dragonsworn? I expected it to be a half-dragon race, but clearly im wrong.

Off-Topic:

Just a thought while typing the above sentence.

World of Warcraft: Dragon Isles
    New playable race, Cursed Dragonkin, on character creation you may select a dragonflight and gain those racials.
    Then next select a mortal race that becomes your appearance/avatar for interacting with the world.

Racials:
    Demon Chain Curse (passive)
    Unable to keep your true form for longer then 20 seconds.

<enter color> Dragonflight Scales (passive)
    Reduces physical and fire damage by 2%. (Red dragonflight example)

Dragon Rage (activatable)
    You turn into a dragon, gaining powers depending on chosen flight for 20 seconds.

Dragon Breath
    (activatable)
    Dealing healing/damage depending on chosen flight.

Dragon Form (mount)
    You turn into your true form able to fly, canceled when entering combat.

Oh sorry getting really off-topic, OT: new race is fun and all, rather have a new class! (tinker)
    Last edited by shade3891; 2019-08-13 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy View Post
    My vote's on Tinker. There's a distinct lack of mail-wearers, bow/gun users, technologically-inclined class fantasies, positioning-based gameplay, deployable-based gameplay, classes with distinct visual appearances for each spec, and classes that can fill all three roles in a group.

Tinker can quite comfortably fit into all of those things.

Not to mention it'd be pretty appropriate if the next expansion winds up being about death or the void, since machinery itself is pretty much incorruptible by both of them.
    (Aside from fully sentient AI. Which wouldn't be a part of a Tinker's toolkit or identity.)

All that and the fact that there's literally no reason to believe it would only be Gnomes and Goblins. Plenty of races in the game are technologically savvy.
    Not to mention the whole Mechagon thing, and the major lore/story item about resetting the Forge of Wills and/or the Forge of Origination to prevent N'zoth's curse of flesh from overtaking the planet (more than it already has). Reminder that we're still the bad guys in the WoW story. We're servants of N'zoth and we freed him in this patch, just like he planned from the time he created us via the Curse of Flesh.

Anyway... Shaman totems used to be "deployables" before they basically became buffs instead. Making deploying totems matter would be cool, and adding another class that deploys turrets in the same way would be cool. They could also use guns to share loot drops with hunters, for the first time since warriors/rogues lost their ranged slot. Not that it really matters with personal loot these days.

It is clear that WoW and Diablo are intended to match, as abilities get added to one or the other (monk spirit clones, warrior heroic leap, etc). Demon hunters in Diablo are spread over hunters and demon hunters in WoW, but the whole turret concept is missing. SV hunters got chakrams, but no one uses them because it's terrible.

SV could become a tinkerer spec, but making it a "tinkerer light" with a pet instead of turrets would be fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    4th spec is always a wavy subject IMO. It's a great idea on paper, but then some classes really don't need another niche like Paladin 'Shockadin' ranged DPS or Rogue with yet another DPS spec.

And things like Warlock tanking or Hunter Pet Tanking have always been thrown around, but they're more of a dream scenario than reality. Ranged tanking really isn't a thing that I think Blizzard can balance easily. It just favours the Ranged tank too much to have it balanced around healing a pet that can be resummoned if killed.
    Super simple solution: hunter and pet share health pool. If tank pet dies, it kills the hunter.

Of course the other idea always thrown around is "eyes of the beast" being the hunter tank thing, where you literally become the pet and control it. Too similar to druids really though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    WoW is 50% warhammer rip-off anyway
    Uh... maybe the parts of Warhammer that were ripped off from D&D...

The classes in vanilla were scaled down copies of literal D&D specs. Even similar or the same ability names in many cases.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy View Post
    My biggest issue with Bards in WoW is that WoW doesn't have any sort of persuasion or charisma-based mechanics. So the most essential, iconic part of the bard - in my eyes - could never exist in this game. And since WoW's design has moved so far away from micro-buff-management it can never come back (for the better, arguably), I worry it'd just end up feeling like a Priest or Mage with a guitar.

The 'Bardiest' you could make a new class feel is by just making it play like you're raiding as a Pally in Vanilla. Casting Blessings one at a time for the entire fight and maybe getting an attack or two in every few minutes.
    Agree that Bard is basically a reskin of paladin. They'd have songs instead of auras basically and heal through good feelings.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Super simple solution: hunter and pet share health pool. If tank pet dies, it kills the hunter.
    Actually more complicated, since you can heal two targets and double the healing making it easier for them to survive.

Imagine AoE's, Beacon of Light or rolling HoTs on both targets.

And if you disallow the Hunter to be healed or just heal the Hunter, then it's an odd mechanic altogether.

- - - Updated - - -

Agree that Bard is basically a reskin of paladin. They'd have songs instead of auras basically and heal through good feelings.
    I always thought Priest was a better fit since they already had Hymns and such.

Also, I thought Pallies lost all their auras. Did they get them back?
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-08-13 at 10:02 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    TBH, Tinker just makes the most sense overall, especially with the set up in BfA.

I think it would also add a lot more flavor to the game, whereas Necromancer or Dragonsworn really seems like more of the same.

TBH, I was underwhelmed with DH. It plays fine, but really wasn't something that added all that much to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythabay View Post
    Now, I've just seen the above mentioned numerous times and I just wanted to get an idea on the idea that was most popular. I think that they're all quite creative and cool in different aspects but yeah. I figured I'd just start this up to get an idea.

Honestly, I really like the idea of a Dragonsworn Class or a Necromancer Class. Just because I think the gameplay and gear would be really cool and it really fits right in there with the Warcraft Lore. Given the return of the Dragonflights in BFA, Dragonsworn would be an awesome addition and makes sense. And in addition, Necromancers have always been a part of World of Warcraft and so, makes perfect sense as well.
    all of them, seriously this pitting peoples against each other over a class is retarded, i say bring all of them and bring back 40 man raids.

Beside if i'm forced to chose Necro but only if done well, that for me mean a d2 necro or at last a d3 one.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.