Page 1 of 2
LastLast

There is one WQ in BFA that is done right, and it's a mini-game.

So I have been grinding WQ since 8.2 and the only one that doesn't bore me to hell is the WQ where you untie the lines. I gradually became better and better at it and now I can do zero mistakes and it actually feels rewarding to do them. This design should be applied to all WQ. Instead of making everything so easy it should take skill and knowledge where you feel your progress. At the beginning I was messing up the WQ so bad it took me 2-3 minutes, now I can do them in less than 15 seconds (the hard ones). Why can't this design be applied to all WQ? Why can't I gradually become better at a kill WQ, instead of zerging down one elite in a group of random 5 all the WQ should be solo only where you get smacked with lower ilvl and where you choose your companion (In Nazjatar) accordingly. It just feels boring and tedious where nothing you achieve matters. Pull 15 mobs and aoe them down, tag an elite and watch others kill them. It's so incredibly bad designed, who likes this?!

The issue is that there are no solo-challenges at all. See Isle of Thunder: they even had a whole dungeon as a solo-dungeon for people to do. Legion had Mage Tower, and both were well liked. Instead Blizzard focus on raid, mythic+, pvp and everything esporty. Only this kind of quests allow someone as an individual to challenge yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    The issue is that there are no solo-challenges at all. See Isle of Thunder: they even had a whole dungeon as a solo-dungeon for people to do. Legion had Mage Tower, and both were well liked. Instead Blizzard focus on raid, mythic+, pvp and everything esporty. Only this kind of quests allow someone as an individual to challenge yourself.
    Yeah, and instead of reducing the WQ down to 10 but challenging ones you get spammed with 50+ that are all mindless and boring. The worst part is, they have scaling tech in the game! And they don't use it properly. Why can't I enable a "hard mode" that increases rewards by 100% (or whatever else is reasonable) and have an actual challenging solo content. Freshly dinged characters can progress in the normal mode and once they feel comfortable there could be a solo hard-mode for WQ where you actually get some use out of your gear. All the gear we accumulate only matters in very specific high end group content, it shouldn't be like this, especially when they have SCALING TECH! Use it, god damn it.

This is also a complaint I hear when people are against challenging solo content, it is way worse to do 20x3 minute WQ than doing 3x20minute WQ that challenge my skill and knowledge of my class. You can't extract any fun from no challenge, your brain is wired to be constantly challenged and solve problems. Tedium and easy content is what makes a game not fun. Your brain needs challenge, variety and problems to solve to extract fun.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2019-08-13 at 01:09 PM.

I agree. These world quests are so easy and have so little rewards that I usually wonder whether should I bother to land and do it.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

And for everyone that loves the Ley Lines WQ, there is someone that absolutely hates it. That's the problem with the community right now, for every person that loves a feature, someone else hates it; and whoever is the most unhappy will make the most forum posts about it.

I don't envy Blizzard dev's right now, general community feedback seems almost worthless when any change just leads to a different group of unhappy players.
    For every player that wants the game to have more content, be more challenging, be more engaged...there's another player that says "gaming shouldn't be a job" and wants things faster and to take less time.

The only feedback of real value lately is unsubbing and telling them why; then hope enough people agree with you and do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I agree. These world quests are so easy and have so little rewards that I usually wonder whether should I bother to land and do it.
    What i do is those 3 quest to level up companion and Mechagon daily to get 850 rep and thats it

Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    What i do is those 3 quest to level up companion and Mechagon daily to get 850 rep and thats it
    I am getting used to doing the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    And for everyone that loves the Ley Lines WQ, there is someone that absolutely hates it. That's the problem with the community right now, for every person that loves a feature, someone else hates it; and whoever is the most unhappy will make the most forum posts about it.

I don't envy Blizzard dev's right now, general community feedback seems almost worthless when any change just leads to a different group of unhappy players.
    For every player that wants the game to have more content, be more challenging, be more engaged...there's another player that says "gaming shouldn't be a job" and wants things faster and to take less time.

The only feedback of real value lately is unsubbing and telling them why; then hope enough people agree with you and do the same.
    And on top of that there is a crowd that praises Classic for everything, even things they hate in BfA.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe an unpopular opinion but I find Bejeweled and strings quests interesting to do, and yeah, I remember when I've seen that quest first time D:
    But now its EZPZ LEMON SQZ

But I totally agree with Nynax, we cant make the whole community happy, like for real. They add TF and I love it, but my bestfriend hates it, and my Gf is totally neutral to TF because she's a casual. So... I hope one day we will be able to solve this problem. I mean blizzard will solve it
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

7+ Year Old Account
    I would not say, that it is the only good WQ, but i do find myself really enjoying the lines and bejewel WQ
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Yeah, I'll actually go a bit out of my way to do the uncross the lines mini-game, whereas I triple guess myself before bothering to fly into other WQs.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you guys want wq to be harder then play with 1 hand and eat with the other. Youll see it aint easy to just spam scorch

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe that these Minigame-WQs were nerfed. They are the best in Nazjatar. Sometimes I just do these and the dailies for the follower and leave the rest, because killing 3x 15 Naga is just boring. Only exception is kill 50 Naga with the Tortollan-Style is okay, because its fast.

Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    Same here, getting the most of it from as little effort possible. I do the leylines too if nearby follower quest/herb.

And I was so sure op was going to present Beachead as WQ of the year... So disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    So I have been grinding WQ since 8.2 and the only one that doesn't bore me to hell is the WQ where you untie the lines. I gradually became better and better at it and now I can do zero mistakes and it actually feels rewarding to do them. This design should be applied to all WQ. Instead of making everything so easy it should take skill and knowledge where you feel your progress. At the beginning I was messing up the WQ so bad it took me 2-3 minutes, now I can do them in less than 15 seconds (the hard ones). Why can't this design be applied to all WQ? Why can't I gradually become better at a kill WQ, instead of zerging down one elite in a group of random 5 all the WQ should be solo only where you get smacked with lower ilvl and where you choose your companion (In Nazjatar) accordingly. It just feels boring and tedious where nothing you achieve matters. Pull 15 mobs and aoe them down, tag an elite and watch others kill them. It's so incredibly bad designed, who likes this?!
    Do you really think everyone like challenges, effort, sweat and tears?
    Also, people like playing alts, how long would it take if everything is hard and takes a lot of time?

I don't want every world quest to be a minigame - the core combat loop should still be what we do most of the time - but, if every world quest was some sort of small puzzle to solve, instead of a small menial task, I would do them a whole lot more.

And it doesn't always have to be some abstract 2d game, stuff like the kirin tor pakours or just combat quests, where you need to understand the mechanics to solve them efficiently, would be a huge help to making AP grind feel less like you are working on a belt, too.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

I really want them to add more challenging solo content. I get so bored grinding the same boring quests over and over. Eventually I just stop playing because I don't enjoy it. Then I resub a few months later after a new patch hits live only to realize after maybe a week of playing how bored I am of the game. Outside of raiding, the mage tower challenges were some of the most fun I've had in the last few years of playing the game. I really wish they would add more fun solo content like that. The rewards don't even have to be anything special. It could just be random old transmog pieces or something and I would be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    I don't want every world quest to be a minigame - the core combat loop should still be what we do most of the time - but, if every world quest was some sort of small puzzle to solve, instead of a small menial task, I would do them a whole lot more.

And it doesn't always have to be some abstract 2d game, stuff like the kirin tor pakours or just combat quests, where you need to understand the mechanics to solve them efficiently, would be a huge help to making AP grind feel less like you are working on a belt, too.
    The kirin tor parkours would've been a lot more fun if they would've let you solve them your way. But no, you had to do the puzzle Blizzard's way or it failed you. The super high one off the west Highmountain cliffside and the one in Stormheim were the worst offenders. When you had a super long drop down to the next level, tons of ways to do it, but get teleported back to the start cause you didn't do it the "right aka Blizz's" way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Management View Post
    I really want them to add more challenging solo content. I get so bored grinding the same boring quests over and over. Eventually I just stop playing because I don't enjoy it. Then I resub a few months later after a new patch hits live only to realize after maybe a week of playing how bored I am of the game. Outside of raiding, the mage tower challenges were some of the most fun I've had in the last few years of playing the game. I really wish they would add more fun solo content like that. The rewards don't even have to be anything special. It could just be random old transmog pieces or something and I would be happy.
    Have you tried Brawler's Guild and Endless Proving Grounds?

I agree that most WQs get boring after a while. For me the issue is that WQs don't have a strong enough connection to the main story. After we complete the story quest line in each zone, what is the purpose (lore-wise) of aiding these factions? Are the Order of Embers aiding us in Nazjatar? Will the Voldunai assist us against Queen Azshara? I think WQs would feel better if they had more of a lore purpose. Also, I think having a mix of easy and hard WQs would be good for the game. This would let people gain rep and rewards by doing content at the difficulty level they prefer. (Harder WQs would give better rewards / more rep). Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post

Nowhere did I mention that I want more mini-games. I just said the mini-game WQ with the leylines is the ONLY well designed WQ, the rest are garbage tedious that don't reward you for being good at anything. They only teach you to tag as many mobs as possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monolithi View Post
    Do you really think everyone like challenges, effort, sweat and tears?
    Also, people like playing alts, how long would it take if everything is hard and takes a lot of time?
    Given that we have scaling tech it could be individually from 0% (like it is now) - 200% with rewards increasing accordingly. What is wrong with having options? Is it the same complaint that you would be "forced" to do it? Like war-mode? lol (I have it turned off, I don't like it, see how that works?)
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2019-08-13 at 02:23 PM.

Clicking linked nodes next to each other was never hard.