Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I absolutely love the ley lines and the bejeweled mini-games. They are so much fun to do, for me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Yeah, and instead of reducing the WQ down to 10 but challenging ones you get spammed with 50+ that are all mindless and boring. The worst part is, they have scaling tech in the game! And they don't use it properly. Why can't I enable a "hard mode" that increases rewards by 100% (or whatever else is reasonable) and have an actual challenging solo content. Freshly dinged characters can progress in the normal mode and once they feel comfortable there could be a solo hard-mode for WQ where you actually get some use out of your gear. All the gear we accumulate only matters in very specific high end group content, it shouldn't be like this, especially when they have SCALING TECH! Use it, god damn it.

This is also a complaint I hear when people are against challenging solo content, it is way worse to do 20x3 minute WQ than doing 3x20minute WQ that challenge my skill and knowledge of my class. You can't extract any fun from no challenge, your brain is wired to be constantly challenged and solve problems. Tedium and easy content is what makes a game not fun. Your brain needs challenge, variety and problems to solve to extract fun.
    It is nowhere stated in the laws of the universe that a WQ needs to take 1/3 of an hour to be challenging or require problem solving. The fact of the matter is they don't respect players time and want as much of it as possible and design idiot mini games that require no skill but take up inordinate amounts of time because that time input is something they add up and put in the quarterly report. You know what they don't report: how many players we "challenged" last quarter.

Minigame WQs certainly mix things up. I may dislike the tortollans to an extent but the addition of variety to them helped a lot. It certainly beats no non-combat WQs. Gotta mix things up.

Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    What i do is those 3 quest to level up companion and Mechagon daily to get 850 rep and thats it
    But i doubt anyone has fun doing so.

World quests are a chore. Bad designed. Not telling any story.

If blizzard just would invest as much effort into the open world as they invest on esports and competetive raiding, pvp and dungeons.
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Skinner View Post
    But i doubt anyone has fun doing so.

World quests are a chore. Bad designed. Not telling any story.

If blizzard just would invest as much effort into the open world as they invest on esports and competetive raiding, pvp and dungeons.
    Yeah that is just best way to play crappy content to me :\

i skip these mini game quests they are a waste of time and effort for literally hardly any reward.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Ley Lines is super cool, first I struggled with it a LOT, then realized how it should be done and I became very efficient at untangling the lines. Display could be improved a bit, sometimes lines lay almost on top of each other making it hard to see what's going on, but otherwise it's really fine.

Most WQs added in 8.2 are absolutely horrible time sink compared to what we had in Legion and 8.0 - 8.1. This WQ is fast and efficient.

These mini-game WQs are pretty much the only WQs I do anymore, unless the others reward pearls. Most have meaningless rewards and aren't worth the time if you don't need rep. The gold rewards are almost insulting for how little they provide, at least for me.

worst WQ's in the game! crazy how opinions differ huh? yes I do them, yes they are easy and yes they have no place in World of Warcraft. I didn't buy a cheesy puzzle game. Terrible "quests" …….Something for my kid sister or grandmother. ugh

Quote Originally Posted by Sariengrey View Post
    worst WQ's in the game! crazy how opinions differ huh? yes I do them, yes they are easy and yes they have no place in World of Warcraft. I didn't buy a cheesy puzzle game. Terrible "quests" …….Something for my kid sister or grandmother. ugh
    It's not if you find them fun, it's the design of them. You are worse at them than you are later on. All the other WQs you never improve, when I was ilvl 410 on Nazjatar I did the same shit I did with now 438. Tag an elite or zerg aoe enemies down. There was no improvement, the only deciding factor how fast you do a WQ is how many other players are around you and if the mob is spawned or not. The scaling ruins any progress and it all feels the same regardless of your ilvl or "skill". The leylines WQ you do as fast as you are good at them, simple and effective design. The open world content is absolute shit.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2019-08-13 at 10:41 PM.

I was ecstatic when I found out that the bejeweled and leyline style WQs exist in the game when 8.2 was launched. I remember doing those riddles in secret questlines back in Legion and I remember thinking to myself how big of a waste it is that most people won't see it. Leylines were a part of some engineering riddle from what I remember...the final levels of that were insanely hard, I would love to see all the haters do that without a guide.