Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    To be honest the best "Trick" I can give someone for leveling is that killing mobs 1-3 levels below you is always better than 1-3 levels above you. Experience per level up or down isn't a huge deal especially when grinding speed is important to you. Pulling 3-4 mobs 2 levels below you vs maybe accidentally pulling a couple mobs a level ahead can be a very clear way to view ease vs difficulty.

For me I highly recommend you kill your way to next quest / zone you're headed too. Always pick up everything, and try your best to really always be doing something. The biggest way to get ahead in this game is going to simply expanding overall kill total.

You really need to think about normalizing your level in your head to adjust how you can go faster. Completing quests 5 levels below you isn't going to be dropping XP off while completing red/orange quests are just going to increase XP slightly. You need to be grinding mobs heavy enough that your level isn't surpassing your quest log. If you have quests you're getting close to out level those should be priority so you can benefit from mobs / xp there without passing it. If you have orange / red quests you almost never want to be completing them right away unless its an instance you're knocking out with the bros.

In terms of killing mobs your level something to think about is you need to kill roughly 16,238 mobs give or take a few at your current level to hit 60. Anytime you're cutting into that number the better. The experience per hour you gain from pure quest to quest vs killing isn't much lower / higher as you progress. The more quests you have to do at your current level vs being stagnant the better. If you rush everything without grinding between zones you'll have some level's in 30's 40's 50's you have to purely grind out to be able to reach next quest zone.

If you're logging as the server is available and are going to do a marathon to get ahead of the pack then every little thing is helpfull, if you're going as a nostalgia trip as many will be (myself included) you don't really have to min/max your time.

Also remember to pace yourself, in terms of overall experience you're about 25% done at 8 bars in to level 32, you're 50% of the way at 6.8 bars in to level 44, 75% in at 18.6 bars into level 52.

Nice, had forgot about that one! Thanks.

Just a little tip - create a lvl 1 bank char, run him to a major town and send him items you want to keep but gotta get rid of when out in the world for more bagspace. So you dont need to travel all the way back to a major city.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whistl3r View Post
    Even after 11 it can be worth a taking the res sickness to get somewhere quicker.
    This.

I don't know till what lvl but past lvl 10 ress sickness lasts only a minute.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    This.

I don't know till what lvl but past lvl 10 ress sickness lasts only a minute.
    1 minute every level past 10 until 20 then it caps at 10 minutes, I dubbed it the suicide Flight Whistle lol

Quote Originally Posted by dazie View Post
    I would love to see 1-10 in 40 mins...
    it's very possible with rested and a group of similar levels killing what you tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    1-5 is 20mins
    1-10 is 40mins
    1-60 is 8-10 days

Not sure if shaving off a few seconds is that huge of a deal, when later on you can shortcut the leveling time by days with:

> a list of alternative grinding zones (CLOSE BY) if the #1 spot is allready crowded
    > skipping awfull time wasting traveling quests
    > not doing things you will doing at 60 anyways for months
    So.. you get to 10 in 40min. wich is several times faster than anything ive ever seen or heard of.

But then take 8-10 days to reach 60 wich is really slow.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Those times are assuming no one is competing with you for stuff which is pretty much always not the case, you will not be 10 in 40 minutes with other people around unless you are a hunter or high DPS class.
    Not sure you can count Hunter in there (level 10 in 40 mins), as Hunter do not get their pet quest until level 10. The same applies to Warlocks for their Voidwalker. They get the imp at the beginning, but he's of minimal use other than a slight dps buff that early. Short of being in a group, I would think the best bets to being able to get to level 10 in 40 minutes are Warrior, Rogue, and possibly Mage. Being undead for the Cannibalize racial really helps.

Quote Originally Posted by wysimdnwyg View Post
    Not sure you can count Hunter in there (level 10 in 40 mins), as Hunter do not get their pet quest until level 10. The same applies to Warlocks for their Voidwalker. They get the imp at the beginning, but he's of minimal use other than a slight dps buff that early. Short of being in a group, I would think the best bets to being able to get to level 10 in 40 minutes are Warrior, Rogue, and possibly Mage. Being undead for the Cannibalize racial really helps.
    True enough, but in general it is unrealistic so solo to 10 in 40 minutes.

1-5 is 20mins
    1-10 is 40mins
    1-60 is 8-10 days

Not sure if shaving off a few seconds is that huge of a deal, when later on you can shortcut the leveling time by days with:

> a list of alternative grinding zones (CLOSE BY) if the #1 spot is allready crowded
    > skipping awfull time wasting traveling quests
    > not doing things you will doing at 60 anyways for months
    I’ve always wanted to ask a clueless person why they post things when they have no idea what they’re talking about. Seeing as now is the perfect opportunity

Why the fuck are you talking like you have any idea wtf you’re saying? Your post is littered with bullshit it’s actually amazing. I couldn’t do that if I tried. Please, BFA kid, stay silent.

I don't think any profession is really going to be "ideal early choice" unless you have people feeding you materials. People were handing me bags for free on beta and others were willing to do the work for mats. 16 slot bags will become the real commodity and if you can get the pattern quick enough you'll make decent gold off the bat.

Mining and herbalism will be painful regardless of when you start them. You'll see copper nodes well past your need for them. If you're a Blacksmith or Engineer, you'll be farming those low nodes for a long time as they make items well past the 125 mark. After that, it becomes finding recipes that let you build something for a level for cheap (which gets harder and harder the closer to 300).

Enchanting makes you broke until max with best patterns, unless you are again getting fed materials or have rarer enchants like beastslaying that people like for the cosmetic early on.

Leatherworking and Skinning are self contained, and generally level nicely together since you can take older material and make it into the higher level stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ombramo View Post
    I’ve always wanted to ask a clueless person why they post things when they have no idea what they’re talking about. Seeing as now is the perfect opportunity
    Unlike yourself I played vanilla, not at some point but since day 1 and leveled many toons on different servers for fun.

If you want to see "proof" of a 15 year old active vanilla account with many vanilla speed leveled chars feel free to ask I can provide what ever you want.
    -

Unlike yourself I played vanilla, not at some point but since day 1 and leveled many toons on different servers for fun.

If you want to see "proof" of a 15 year old active vanilla account with many vanilla speed leveled chars feel free to ask I can provide what ever you want.
    There is a big difference possible if the stars align, and what is going to be realistic.

For the vast majority of people a 40mins to lvl 10 just isn't going to happen

Dude, this is about fresh launch times not fully rested twinked out times with people helping you. Its not possible. You played on some shitty pserver with tbc quest values probably (30% more xp).

Nightelf zone as a hunter 1-10 you can expect ~2 hours on launch conditions, on almost empty starter zone there you can get to 1:30 to 1:40ish if you are good.

Gnome zone can be a fair bit faster but still no way close to 40 min.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2019-08-14 at 08:41 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    1 minute every level past 10 until 20 then it caps at 10 minutes, I dubbed it the suicide Flight Whistle lol
    Love this

as a former NE druid in vanilla i ll be sticking in darnassus for atleast 2 hours i believe.. i kinda recall the begining quests in there they were so annoying..

True enough, but in general it is unrealistic so solo to 10 in 40 minutes.
    No doubt. In retail, sure. But in Classic? That would be insanely fast. I was just suggesting that only those three classes (Warrior, Rogue, Mage) would have a chance.

Makes much more sense than using a HS early on

Quote Originally Posted by dreamdaddy View Post
    it's very possible with rested and a group of similar levels killing what you tag.
    And that's clearly what he was talking a out