Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    And the mission dungeons are about as visually and gameplaywise entertaining as a dry piece of concrete. It didn't die for them, but they aren't exactly keeping it alive, either.
    I mean, it's a 18 year old game, what visuals do you expect? I found them really fun to play, different people enjoy different things.
    City of Heroes had great looking dungeons for its time.

The real reason why WOW doesn't do this is the exact same reason we don't get a lot of other things that would be cool- Blizz is terrible at rewards systems.

Blizz basically does not know how to properly incentivize content- it is really their main issue.

If they made procedurely generated dungeons- the gear they would offer from it would be too low of an ilevel to make anyone actually want to do it.

Think of it- WOW has a metric ton of content. The game is practically overflowing with content- its huge! Yet- you constantly hear people moaning that there is nothing to do.

The whole reason is that the rewards system set up is so bad that it doesn't make you want to do anything.

What if they had a fluid rewards system that sent you doing things all over the WOW world for real rewards that were actually worth while and you learned about the world, its history and the characters as you went through it...... (imagine that!)

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    I mean, it's a 18 year old game, what visuals do you expect? I found them really fun to play, different people enjoy different things.
    City of Heroes had great looking dungeons for its time.
    Have 1-2 dungeons for every mission type and enviroment and it wouldn't have been any worse, and probably not more work, either. Remember what we're talking about here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    What if they had a fluid rewards system that sent you doing things all over the WOW world for real rewards that were actually worth while and you learned about the world, its history and the characters as you went through it...... (imagine that!)
    People would complain every time they had to to more than the absolute minimum effort tasks to acquire their reward.

Procedural generation is highly overrated. The only time I've ever seen it used to it's full potential was in minecraft and similar games. For everything else it's just a code word for lazy repeat copy pasta content.

Randomness of gameplay is antithesis of skill, so no, not anything bleeding edge for sure.

It would be good as something about the difficulty of a normal(as leveling content), heroic, and mythic dungeon, but it's probably unreasonable to ask such a large system addition to a 15 year old game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    The real reason why WOW doesn't do this is the exact same reason we don't get a lot of other things that would be cool- Blizz is terrible at rewards systems.

Blizz basically does not know how to properly incentivize content- it is really their main issue.

If they made procedurely generated dungeons- the gear they would offer from it would be too low of an ilevel to make anyone actually want to do it.

Think of it- WOW has a metric ton of content. The game is practically overflowing with content- its huge! Yet- you constantly hear people moaning that there is nothing to do.

The whole reason is that the rewards system set up is so bad that it doesn't make you want to do anything.

That's a people problem. Also, stuff people say on forums means nothing because people only start topics to whine.

Like I said previously, it and s quite simple to accomplish in WoW. You just need to create a bunch of pre-designed rooms/areas that all dynamically stitch together and have a pool of bosses that are assigned to specific boss rooms that also get stitched in. Also you could have literal seeds (seed is a term used in random generation, basically a password of sorts) that save the layout of a run that you can save for the future where you can choose a harder version of the same run.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

- Smoke weed every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Like I said previously, it and s quite simple to accomplish in WoW. You just need to create a bunch of pre-designed rooms/areas that all dynamically stitch together and have a pool of bosses that are assigned to specific boss rooms that also get stitched in. Also you could have literal seeds (seed is a term used in random generation, basically a password of sorts) that save the layout of a run that you can save for the future where you can choose a harder version of the same run.
    Isn't that pretty much how the mogushan puzzle for the mind fuck squid mount works?

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    This. It isn't really hard, assuming we do tilesets not full random map. Look at warframe how they generate maps, every run is different tho tilesets are known.