Question about leveling with a friend

So I decided to play an Undead Warlock and my friend a Tauren Hunter.
    The plan is that I do my starting area (deathknell) and she does her starting area (Camp Narache) and we meet up in Bloodhoof village and quest together from there on.
    The problem is, I don't know (and I couldn't really find it either) If I can do the warlock class quests from the Orc warlock trainers (like the voidwalker one) Or if I can only do/accept the class quests from the undead warlock trainers in undercity etc since I'm an undead.
    If anyone can clarify this for me that would be awesome! Else I might roll a Orc Warlock since that's closer (altough I love the UD racials).

Thanks in advance!

Pretty sure the quests are race specific, however, I am not 100% sure, it's been a long time, and I only played Undead.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
    Pretty sure the quests are race specific, however, I am not 100% sure, it's been a long time, and I only played Undead.
    I have the same problem, its been too long, so I can't remember

It should be race specific, and you will do it as soon as you hit 10. You should wait until you get that one done, before joining up. It's a couple more hours of separation, but he will also have to do his protection questline, as well. So, hang out in Brill and UC until 10 (12 is ideal), and then make your way to Org.

Quote Originally Posted by GaiusLucian View Post
    So I decided to play an Undead Warlock and my friend a Tauren Hunter.
    The plan is that I do my starting area (deathknell) and she does her starting area (Camp Narache) and we meet up in Bloodhoof village and quest together from there on.
    The problem is, I don't know (and I couldn't really find it either) If I can do the warlock class quests from the Orc warlock trainers (like the voidwalker one) Or if I can only do/accept the class quests from the undead warlock trainers in undercity etc since I'm an undead.
    If anyone can clarify this for me that would be awesome! Else I might roll a Orc Warlock since that's closer (altough I love the UD racials).

Thanks in advance!
    Orc is superior for warlocks as well just so you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    In terms of PVE? Cause I'm not interested at all in PVP. We're just going to level casually and slowly and enjoy the experience. So if Orc is better then I'll just pick orc.

I am 99% sure that its race locked.

However I believe you can get the breadcrumb in Orgimmar but it will still send you back to UC to finish the quest.

- - - Updated - - -

In terms of PVE? Cause I'm not interested at all in PVP. We're just going to level casually and slowly and enjoy the experience. So if Orc is better then I'll just pick orc.
    Orc is marginally better DPS because of the pet damage racial. However cannibalize also synergizes very well for leveling with life tap. So really up you.

Honestly, the racials won't change much in regards to how you perform, just pick which one you like the most.

I actually tested this... ran a level Night Elf Hunter to Dun Morogh... and then when I hit 10... the hunter trainer had text to tell me I needed to see the fellow in Dolonaar.

So it is class specific...

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    However cannibalize also synergizes very well for leveling with life tap
    It's literally just a bandage but you can only use it every 2 minutes and only use it on humanoid mobs. You don't pick Undead for Cannibalize, you pick Undead for WOTF.

I don't think there is a Warlock trainer in Muigore/TB? You would need to go back to org for that most likely.
    You'd be better off doing your start zones and heading to razorhill together. they have both hunter and warlock trainer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, you can. Fun fact: you could get two earth totems for shaman doing both orcish and taurensky quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I am 99% sure that its race locked.

However I believe you can get the breadcrumb in Orgimmar but it will still send you back to UC to finish the quest.
    That's how it most likely will work.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Honestly, the racials won't change much in regards to how you perform, just pick which one you like the most.
    Ya, undead is fine, I was just putting it out there. Plus unending breath is pretty awesome too.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Raid wise, the pet buff won't be of much use for a long time as you'll be summoning your imp for the buff most (if not all) of the time, and those do fire damage. It's safer to have them stay passive so they don't get targeted. The pet damage increase in casual play should not make a difference either.

Stun resistance may be helpful in situations where mobs or bosses stun occasionally, but I can't think of any that do that (in raids), and neither any where it would be hardly survivable when you do get stunned. PvP wise, hell yes. This racial is the shit.

Also, I'm sure you're aware, but Blood Fury doesn't increase AP and decreases healing taken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mootlix View Post
    I don't think there is a Warlock trainer in Muigore/TB? You would need to go back to org for that most likely.
    You'd be better off doing your start zones and heading to razorhill together. they have both hunter and warlock trainer.
    There is a Warlock, Priest and Mage Trainer in TB (all Undead) for coverage purposes but for quests, he'll have to go to Brill/UC to do quests.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    There is a Warlock, Priest and Mage Trainer in TB (all Undead) for coverage purposes but for quests, he'll have to go to Brill/UC to do quests.
    You sure? wowhead classic only says there are 2 priest trainers in TB and no Warlock trainers.