Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    They can do what they do at 60, give you a quest to choose where to go. You dont need a artifact weapon to do those zones. I believe they learned from Demon Hunters on how to introduce new classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    Tinkers will start in Mechagon at lvl1xx in their own little scenario, leaving to access the world with lvl118. Just like DHs, which was a decent solution.

Plus, there was heavy talk about some form of "level squish" to be expected in the future anyway.

If i were Blizzard, i would simply allow Tinkers to use the Hunter Order Hall and limit them to the Beast Mastery questchain. Problem solved!
    I am glad blizzard won't release a tinker tho
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Ahh, WoW, the game that gives cosplayers a reason to dress up like medieval fantasy hookers.

They're definitely not going to design a brand new artifact and questline for old content just for the purpose of leveling. They'll probably just have the class start higher than Legion's level cap. If not, they'll just have them start in Dalaran without a Class Hall/Artifact questline, and add brand new weapon rewards to random quests in the zones which is a lot less time and development time consuming than brand new content would be. Leveling in Broken Isles without an Artifact is not an issue, if you have a heirloom weapon or a decent WoD one, you won't even notice the difference without it.
    Last edited by Adoxe; 2019-08-13 at 11:23 PM.

I could see them making an "artifact" simply because it's an extra weapon model unique to the class, and just have some random npc in dal hand it to you, and have a random scouting map in dal.

Any new class will just start at 100, same way DH did to avoid having to create lower level content for them. Wouldn't even make sense for them to go through Legion when they weren't part of the story in any real sense back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlaid View Post
    Any new class will just start at 100, same way DH did to avoid having to create lower level content for them. Wouldn't even make sense for them to go through Legion when they weren't part of the story in any real sense back then.
    I mean, Monks went from 15-85 despite not being from the party back then. I mean, I suppose they could do that, but what, there's never going to be a regular class again, they're all only going to be hero classes?

Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    I mean, Monks went from 15-85 despite not being from the party back then. I mean, I suppose they could do that, but what, there's never going to be a regular class again, they're all only going to be hero classes?
    Well there wasn't an artifact weapon to consider back then (or Legion). Same thing with Death Knights. If Blizzard wanted they could definitely start any new class from lower level and take the time to build up some stuff for them, but with how fiscally focused Activision-Blizzard is these days, I doubt they will (personal opinion).

I feel like it would just seem kinda lame to go through Legion and not get an artifact or to get some kind of generic thing.

Moving zone selection to a Hero's Call board in Dalaran is easy enough, and new classes don't need to do any Order Hall-specific quests (e.g. the Xe'ra quests). The only issue I can see are quests that require X number of follower missions to be completed which, for the sake of us all, should be removed either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    So, I know there's a lot of discussion about people who do and don't want new classes, what potential class it could be and everything, but it does beg the question, what happens when that class gets to Legion. I mean, the first and obvious issue is the fact that all other classes had Artifact Weapons at this time so there's really no weapons to get while leveling during Legion. For those with Heirloom gear that's fine, but what about those without. They just have to go 10 levels without a weapon upgrade? Next is well, obviously Legion was very class story heavy. Each class had their own class hall. I highly doubt Blizzard would want to create an entire storyline/class hall/artifact weapon just to add a new class, but then how do they fit in there?

Now, obviously all of this they could kinda just glaze over by making any new classes higher level than Legion (meaning they'd have to start/leave their hero starting zone at least level 110) but I always kinda preferred classes starting at 1 and leveling all the way up instead of starting 90% of the way to max. Also being able to actually have the class instead of like with DK and DH where you could only make one after hitting a certain level (which I understand why since they started at a higher level)
    There is zero need for any of that.

You do not need your order hall to level from 100 to 110 in Legion. This is the simplest and easiest way to deal with the Legion expansion for new classes, that would required the least work: add a "Heroes' Board" on Krasus' Landing that lets you pick between the four leveling zones (Aszuna, Val'Sharah, Highmountain and Stormheim), and a NPC that would grant you a "heirloom-like" weapon, meaning it'd go up in levels as you do, for new players, or just use the heirloom weapon you already have, for players who already have heirloom weapons.

Of course, this new "heirloom-like" weapon won't have any new graphics, and just look like one of the currently existing heirloom weapons, so players don't feel forced to level a new character just to have that specific weapon graphic.

"Ah, but what about artifact appearances? The new classes won't have artifact appearances!" So what? Death knights don't have Tier 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 armor sets. Monks don't have tier 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13 armor sets. And so on and so forth.

Artifact weapons and the Order Halls are not needed at all during the leveling portion of Legion.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Nothing needs to be done.

Equip heirlooms, port to Dalaran and head to a zone, few hours later and you’re done. I don’t even bother with the artifact anymore, much less any order hall shenanigans.

Either hero class like everyone else said or the Artifact weapons and Class Halls are irrelevant anyway. If the new class isn't a hero class, they'll likely just phase them to the point after Class Halls where the character is talking to Khadgar to go down to Broken Isles where you can just quest to 110.