Page 1 of 2
LastLast

END Of The FACTION Split?

Is this true or just a rumor with zero possibility?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBSOFoSwyog&t=234s

Your character screen will show the option to choose the Faction you want to play. Night Elf on Horde, ok. Alliance Undead, ok.

7+ Year Old Account
    *sigh*

Bellular and his clickbait.

Factions will never go away, we know that.
    What is speculated is cross-faction play.

Formerly known as Arafal

Possible, sure... but it's still a rumor. I mean, if there is no faction split anymore why would you need to give them an icon that signify which faction they are for?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Is this true or just a rumor with zero possibility?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBSOFoSwyog&t=234s

Your character screen will show the option to choose the Faction you want to play. Night Elf on Horde, ok. Alliance Undead, ok.
    It only shows a symbol. You can't choose your faction lol. You know, some people play both factions on the same realm.

I don't know why people think the end of faction conflict will let you choose your faction. If anything, Blizz will allow cross-faction PvE play and call it a day. Thinking that Taurens will walk the streets of Stormwind or Night Elves hanging out in Orgrimmar is simply ridiculous.

Got my money on Cross-faction play.

I don't think so. I think the faction icons are just a UI update. And I don't think the factions are going away. There may be some easing of cross-faction communication and co-operation, but I'm pretty sure the factions will remain.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice of you to catch on Bellular's clickbait for forums aswell.

Complete with capslock and everything.

I really think people are reading too much into the addition of the faction insignias to the character select screen and the Thunderbluff cinematic. I just dont see any way Blizz could realistically end the faction war.

I mean imagine if they let you select your faction after picking your race... would an "alliance" tauren start in Mulgore? Would they have their face wrecked if they tried to enter Thunderbluff? Obviously the factions will still exist otherwise whats the point of the faction insignias in the character select screen. Would the capital cities all be neutral to everyone? I just don't see that happening.

Bottomline, I think expecting the faction split to go away next expansion is unrealistic and will lead to disappointment. Don't misunderstand me, I think the faction "war" is really contrived and way past believable at this point. I'd love to see an end to it. I just don't think Blizzard is willing or even creatively capable of making it happen if BFA's design philosophies are anything to go by.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2019-08-18 at 04:21 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Its same as asking "Do you think Blizzard want to stop getting money from their Horde/Alliance symbol merch. ?"
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Factions will never go away
    "We'll never have Shamans and Paladins on both factions"
    "We'll never have both factions on the same PvP server"
    "We'll never have faction transfers or race changes"
    "We'll never have cross-realm Mythic raiding"
    "We'll never have legacy servers"
    "We'll never....."

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Its same as asking "Do you think Blizzard want to stop getting money from their Horde/Alliance symbol merch. ?"
    Allowing cross-faction play =/= getting rid of factions

Also real life alli/horde merch is nothing compared to the money they make from mounts/pets/level boost, and WoW itself barely makes any money compared to Hearthstone and Overwatch.

Bellular videos have gotten almost as bad as the "Asmondtroll reacts to..." videos when it comes to content worth watching.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    snip
    The factions are literally the heart of warcrafts story and design.
    Removing them is like trying to remove vanilla from a vanilla latte.

There is absolutely no reason to remove them and doing so would probably piss a fuckton of people off rather than help the game.

Cross-faction play on the other hand is a possibility and could potentially solve a bunch of stuff.
    Like the faction imbalance that we currently have to deal with.

As for your list.
    Those are a bunch of changes that would've gone through at some point anyway ,as they were either massive balancing issues or just senseless restrictions.

Except the legacy servers that is, but at the time it genuinely seemed unlikely.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2019-08-18 at 04:28 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

>bellular
    isnt he occupied also making shitty clickbaits over bethesda, and ripping people like Juicehead, while shilling idiots like IndigoGaming?

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly? In retail, REMOVE THEM. We got Classic starting up very soon and you can bet your ass the PVPers are going to flood over there.
    REALISTICALLY though, just let people choose what faction they want to play regardless of race. We have seen countless example of cross faction friendships in the past (Big shout out to my Argent boys Gidwin and Terenar) so why not? It just makes sense. People freaking out about it can just go to classic. :V

Cross faction play for stuff like dungeons/raids etc is probably more believable. Most PVE content is faction neutral and is a threat to the world or something anyway (besides BoD). I can't imagine humans walking in orgrimmar or orcs getting a pint in storm wind bar.

would probably piss a fuckton of people off rather than help the game.
    The same can be said for a LOT of major changes throughout the years. LFR, random drop legendaries, cross-realm stuff, etc. Didn't stop Blizzard from doing it.

Also I never said "remove factions". Allowing cross-faction play is not the same as "remove factions".

World of PeaceCraft.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    World of PeaceCraft.

Sure, if you ignore that the majority of conflicts we had to deal never were about the factions clobbing each other but us uniting to defeat the greater evil.

Formerly known as Arafal

Sure, if you ignore that the majority of conflicts we had to deal never were about the factions clobbing each other but us uniting to defeat the greater evil.
    Sure, if you consider that peace...

*sigh*

Bellular and his clickbait.
    So bloody true, watched a couple of his vids and the titles were so misleading it was not even funny, no shame and not a good youtuber.