Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    The night elves want nothing to do with even the main architecture of their past. Everything in their culture is now trees or priest of Elune related.
    That's a load of nonsense. The night elves have 2 distinct types of architecture, one marble based that goes back to the pre-sundering time - you know, all those places called Night elf cities (some of which are still around), and then the druidic style adopted after the sundering.

It is likely that a night elf capital would be a marble type silver/blue/purple based, where as the surrounding forest with druid communities and the mobile out posts of the sentinels would be trees and wood as befits what we've seen of them. Wardens have their towers and vault, priests and mages have temples and cities.
    @Mace how about this, restored Nar'thalas in Azsuna for the night elves. It's already there, it's more manageable than ding a full zin'azsahri, andit's got val'sharah and black rook hold nearby

And this version of Skywall for the high elves? It has a vibe that is closer to the night elven highborne but elven enough to be high elven or something they would take over, maybe land on the ground.

Last edited by Beloren; 2019-08-14 at 02:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Fuck sake I wish high elf posters on both sides would just stay in the thread designated for it
    What's the problem about talking about high elves in a thread where high elves are one of the subjects being discussed?
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    High Elves can stay in Dalaran. I'm hoping Gilneas gets re-built/restored and Night Elves can just crash there as Worgen repaying the night elves because they were the first to help them in the first place. Forsaken it highly depends on what direction the story takes them. We still have no idea who their leader will be by the end of the expansion or what their role will be going forward. Suramar should be phased for Nightborne, it is glorious and a waste to not use as a capital city for the Horde.

Void Elves I just don't care about, I really don't.
    High Elves in Hinterlands. I agree, i'm hoping Gilneas becomes a thing and they get their lands back. Night Elves in Feralas and Dire Maul. They'll probably move the undead to the ruins of theramore just to troll the alliance even more. I think Andorhal would be more appropriate?
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they could build new cities.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    No High elves, No void elves allowed. They abandoned their people and are no longer a part of it, let them go find their own city
    You do realize both the void elves and high elves were exiled by the blood elves. So they were the ones that got abandoned. Tho in truth, high elves and void elves could disappear and it would only improve the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

I want the Nelfs to claim Feralas and Diremaul as their capital.

I want a new tree to be grown to replace teldrassil, and this time be made with current technology that is actually able to make it look like a tree. Also, if the faction divide, the horde needs to conquer it immediately and turn it into our new capital because of reasons.

Honestly I want Night Elves to move further away from their Highborne aesthetics (mostly) I still don't get why Darnassus was designed that way when every other new NE settlement used wooden structures.

I would love to see Night Elves creating larger wooden buildings that ressemble more tiered pagodas, up their legion and redesigned Auberdine/Lor'danel aesthetic to a metropolis level with little stone/marble buildings (with the exception of the temple of the moon perhaps)

Less try to capture the glorious past and more move forward with their unique kaldorei aesthetics.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I want a new tree to be grown to replace teldrassil, and this time be made with current technology that is actually able to make it look like a tree. Also, if the faction divide, the horde needs to conquer it immediately and turn it into our new capital because of reasons.
    This basically.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Honestly I want Night Elves to move further away from their Highborne aesthetics (mostly) I still don't get why Darnassus was designed that way when every other new NE settlement used wooden structures.

I would love to see Night Elves creating larger wooden buildings that ressemble more tiered pagodas, up their legion and redesigned Auberdine/Lor'danel aesthetic to a metropolis level with little stone/marble buildings (with the exception of the temple of the moon perhaps)

Less try to capture the glorious past and more move forward with their unique kaldorei aesthetics.
    Most of darnassus was wooden buildings. Only the temple was really made of stone, which one could argue is a staple of the faith. I think it was overall just weird that it had this reclaimed ruin-like aesthetic, when the whole thing was build like not 30 years ago.

That's a load of nonsense. The night elves have 2 distinct types of architecture, one marble based that goes back to the pre-sundering time - you know, all those places called Night elf cities (some of which are still around), and then the druidic style adopted after the sundering.

It is likely that a night elf capital would be a marble type silver/blue/purple based, where as the surrounding forest with druid communities and the mobile out posts of the sentinels would be trees and wood as befits what we've seen of them. Wardens have their towers and vault, priests and mages have temples and cities.
    @Mace how about this, restored Nar'thalas in Azsuna for the night elves. It's already there, it's more manageable than ding a full zin'azsahri, andit's got val'sharah and black rook hold nearby

And this version of Skywall for the high elves? It has a vibe that is closer to the night elven highborne but elven enough to be high elven or something they would take over, maybe land on the ground.
    Personally I'd phase out the NE's from marbeled structures that harken back to the empire days; even with the lot of stone and marble on Darnassus, a lot of it was wooden pagoda like structures; and with the latest kaldorei buildings of Legion and BfA, a metropolis built on that style. Kaldorei wooden/druidic buildings are so unique aesthetically that it would be kinda of bummer to go for another highborne throwback.

Now imgine that asthetic of imposing pagodas on trees on a world three with levels, like concept art Teldrassil. Beautiful.

I feel High Elves could make use of either a dalarani aesthetic or actually go for a throwback to their highborne past, even if just for show and diminished.

structures like that evoke the aesthetics of the modern elven lodges; a mixed construction material (adding more wood) and keeping their settlements simpler (like the level of space and distribution of a garrison) would be great to showcase them as a group not on the level of other elven civilizations.

And Void elves need a mind mending gothic spire on Telogrus, like, yesterday.

And a lot of Silvermoon could be revamped using recolored Nar'thalas/Zin'aszhari Highborne structures. The layouts are very very similar, and of all the modern elven civilizations I think Silvermoon is the one that most reflects that aesthetic.
    Last edited by MyWholeLifeIsThunder; 2019-08-14 at 05:05 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    My personal wishlist:

• A new big city for Worgen AND NEs in a retaken Gilneas. Something akin to @kendro1200 's second pic, but with darker, albeit lush tones.
    • Stratholme and/or Deatholme retaken from the Scourge and set up as the new Forsaken capital.
    • Silvermoon revamped and improved. Ruins are retaken from Scourge remnants and rebuilt into a void elf capital. That would require the current faction system to be drastically revised, though.
    • Mechagon becomes the new Gnome capital. Those little guys really need a proper city of their own, and no, Gnomeregan doesn't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Most of darnassus was wooden buildings. Only the temple was really made of stone, which one could argue is a staple of the faith. I think it was overall just weird that it had this reclaimed ruin-like aesthetic, when the whole thing was build like not 30 years ago.
    Yeah, I did expand on that on my following post; it's really just a part of Darnassus that relies on stone buildings. A New temple of Elune that actully looks new could be very cool, as well as impossing pagodas that look better than wooden walls stacked on top of each other.

The architecture used on Auberdine and Lordanel on BfA is gorgeous, and I'd love to see it used on a city level over just a village.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    My personal wishlist:

• A new big city for Worgen AND NEs in a retaken Gilneas. Something akin to @kendro1200 's second pic, but with darker, albeit lush tones.
    • Stratholme and/or Deatholme retaken from the Scourge and set up as the new Forsaken capital.
    • Silvermoon revamped and improved. Ruins are retaken from Scourge remnants and rebuilt into a void elf capital. That would require the current faction system to be drastically revised, though.
    • Mechagon becomes the new Gnome capital. Those little guys really need a proper city of their own, and no, Gnomeregan doesn't count.
    Excuse me?? Void elf section of silvermoon? No. Keep those infectious junkies under quarantine in their space rift.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Excuse me?? Void elf section of silvermoon? No. Keep those infectious junkies under quarantine in their space rift.
    I think it goes without saying that VEs wouldn't be allowed within a 50 miles or so radius around the Sunwell

But if 9.0 actually dissolves (or drastically diminishes) the current factions, it would be doable.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Night Elves could retake Dire Maul I guess. Gotta kick out some Ogres though :P

Or if the Worgen ever get Gilneas back the Worgen could return the favor to the Night Elves who took them in and let them live with them, maybe have their own district or even an island off the coast, raise another tree from the ocean, who knows

Or maybe have the Night Elves go live in Val'sharah, it;s very night elf dominated and seems very fitting for them.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Blizzard has an issue with the NElves,

You see, when they released legion, they provided a Nelf city (Suramar) and also a NElf world tree (Shaladrassil) - the nightborne were a Nelf sub-race.

Blizzard already know what they are going to do several expansions ahead, so when legion was being built, they knew they were going to do the massive war in BFA and kick off with Teldrassil destroyed - so they created everything the night elves need in the broken isles.
    Suramar their ancient city many of their leaders lived in and came from, as well as a lot of those who joined the resistance. Also the capital city of the Order of Elune. Val'sharah the birthplace of druidsm where the Malfurion/Tyrande/Ilidan first meet Cenarius and Malfurion is chosen by him - it is the place with the strongest connection to the emerald dream.
    Azsuna, the very first night elves to rebel against Queen Azshara, and likely the ones that kick started the resistance Malfruion kept going.
    The Vault of the wardens, the legendary prison of the order
    Black Rook Hold - the famous resistance head quarters against the legion
    Moonguard Stronghold - the Head Quarters of the famous Moonguard legendary battle mage group of the empire that carried both the night elves' conquest over Kalimdor alongside their priests and their success against the Legion and Azshara's forces.

• It has a world tree for the druids
    • It has two locations for an arcane well in the Nighthold where the nightwell was or in Azsuna
    • It has the capital TEmple of Elune with the empowered Font of Elune for the priests
    • It has fel charged areas from the legion's areas ideal for demon hunters.

It is basically a re-designed Kalimdor on a smaller scale having aspects for all the key parts of the night elves.

• It's got a capital, and city that fits it's arcane grandeur and legacy, with a new night elf sub race central and touching all the other zones
    • It's got country for the druidic culture for duids (Val'sharah)
    • Country for arcane minded and wielding night elves (Azsuna) perfect for the new
    • Temples of Elune in every zone allowing the priests to be a part of every kind of night elf order (arcane, nature, demon hunting as well as the sentinels/wardens/hunters/moonguard)
    • Strongholds for all their key orders - Warden stronghold, Sentinel stronghold in Black rook hold, Moonguard stronghold for battle mage army.

My point is they have already designed ALL what the night elves need, including a replacement world tree, capital the works. Then they decided that the nightborne would go horde, and then all of Suramar with all of the nightborne, rather than just some of the nightborne with the remaining staying affliated with the night elves or even becoming night elves with the cure of the arcan'dor.

Question becomes:
    • Will blizzard scrap the broken isle move for the night elves because of the nightborne now going horde?
    • Would they make the night elves and nightborne share Suramar as a capital instead of design a new one, with the rest of the night elves making the rest of the zones their new home.
    • Will they choose to kick the nightborne out or let both stay with different afflisations and still work something out, whether as friends or as enemies forced to share part of the same city.
    • Or would they repeat the effort they've already done, build the night elves another city - after in a sense already worked on 5 night elves cities, and already having one (suramar), not a ruin.

This looks like something I think would be perfect for the void elves - it has a distinctly Thalassian lok feel to it. Defintiely Elven, not human. Void elf capital.
    This is indeed a dark elf city from Might and Magic. Even though void elves are pretty similar to them, I doubt they would need city like that as they are too little group so far. However, I hope they will build in this style in the future. It is very similar to their heritage armor and the stone has the same colour as Telogrus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    High Elves in Hinterlands. I agree, i'm hoping Gilneas becomes a thing and they get their lands back. Night Elves in Feralas and Dire Maul. They'll probably move the undead to the ruins of theramore just to troll the alliance even more. I think Andorhal would be more appropriate?
    Dire Maul should be Ogre capital.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by kendro1200 View Post
    Elune was and is the core of their society. When the Kaldorei branched off from the rest of Night Elf society after the Sundering they just replaced arcane studies with nature studies. Their nation and capitol was originally called Elun'dris, then when Azshara came to power it was renamed to Zin'Azshari. The Tomb of Sargeras was the main Temple of Elune before the Sundering. The whole matriarchy aspect of Night Elf society comes from the Priesthood of Elune which was gender exclusive for a very long time.

The Night Elves continued to build elaborate structures, just refer to the Temple of Elune in Darnassus, as well as all of the ruins at Mount Hyjal. Hyjal was settled after the Sundering, everything there is what they decided to build after they broke away from their arcane traditions.

All of that being said, I would really prefer a new city to be a mix of:

and

I want to see some impressive and artistic tree-shaping to build a lot of structures, especially in the druid/hunter side of the city. I would then like to see more grandiose stone/wood structures for the Priesthood and Mage side of the city. I would then like to see a melding of both for the Martial side of the city where the Sentinels and Wardens train.

The Forsaken I'd like to see something like Menzoberranzan:

I'd like to see an underground city that they undead dig out for themselves like the Undercity, but with the intent of keeping it extremely inhospitable for the living. I'd like to see a bigger influence of the Cult of the Forgotten Shadow and less Scourge-like architecture. Essentially have the Forsaken lean more towards something like the Warhammer Dark Elves, and less like the Warhammer Skaven (which they currently take a heavy lean towards). I think one story reason for their new home is that the Forsaken find an old and abandoned city of the Black Empire, or something from the Aquir Empire that the Trolls drove them out of. The Forsaken take over that region and re-purpose it as their own.
    Damn, i didnt know about the elundri something city. Where did you get the info, maybe im missing some more parts.

Do you think that right now the night elf would say: well screw this, wood is easily burned lets go make a city thats a fortress aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Personally I'd phase out the NE's from marbeled structures that harken back to the empire days; even with the lot of stone and marble on Darnassus, a lot of it was wooden pagoda like structures; and with the latest kaldorei buildings of Legion and BfA, a metropolis built on that style. Kaldorei wooden/druidic buildings are so unique aesthetically that it would be kinda of bummer to go for another highborne throwback.

Now imgine that asthetic of imposing pagodas on trees on a world three with levels, like concept art Teldrassil. Beautiful.

I feel High Elves could make use of either a dalarani aesthetic or actually go for a throwback to their highborne past, even if just for show and diminished.

structures like that evoke the aesthetics of the modern elven lodges; a mixed construction material (adding more wood) and keeping their settlements simpler (like the level of space and distribution of a garrison) would be great to showcase them as a group not on the level of other elven civilizations.

And Void elves need a mind mending gothic spire on Telogrus, like, yesterday.

And a lot of Silvermoon could be revamped using recolored Nar'thalas/Zin'aszhari Highborne structures. The layouts are very very similar, and of all the modern elven civilizations I think Silvermoon is the one that most reflects that aesthetic.
    This is night elf architecture - it will never be used for the high elves. The marble versions, often in ruins basically have the same type of look building in wood when you head to val'sharah.

It also stands to reason, if they build more night elf places or repair them, this is what you'll get. That iamge was for the nighte lf ruins in Azsuna/Suramar - it is the new upgraded night elf art.

Also look how Zin'Azshari is pretty much a city full of buildings and art like that, and look how the night elf druidic culture new wood homes are just a wood version of that in wood.

Look at the arches and strucutres, this is all purely night elves. Suramar and Eldre'thalas a city wide more unique variations of this. Zin'Azshari/Nar'thalas are basically higher versions of this.

The Thalassian elves have things more like this: Look at the shape of the arches and tower tops. They are different from what is shown for the night elves, but have some similarities too.
    Just like the modles for the elves, different, but with some similarities. They are their own unique art schemes. You wouldn't use what is night elf for high elf/blood elf, no matter how pretty it is, that is for night elves, blood and high elves have hteir own which is laso quite pretty but differnet.

Just swap the gold for blue for a high elf theme.

Notice you have something cool but different. The kaldorei civilziaiton is supposed to be extremely beautiful, because this is one of the attributes of the night elves - they did the most advanced form of civilizaiton, and the current age iwitnesses most of hteir ruins, where the main group took a 10000 years absence from both civilziaiton and magic to prevent the burning legion their race first drew to this world from returning. Only since the legion returned, ending their Vigil, have they since moved and started doing civilization again.

Blizzard uses their own race's architecture and style, the earlier version in classic is what pictures like Darnassus /Dire Maul are like. The updated version is the upgrade you see in Legion.

Old graphics

New updated ones

What you have to understand is how blizzard works. They update stuff.. when we had TBC, and they did the Draenei ones later, they had a huge graphical update, but it wasn't a different "race " of draenei, you were seeing old ruins in TBc, and you were seing the pristine version with an upgrade in the art tools in WoD

Same with the night elves, Legion has the updated night elf art, and you see now, when they do new stuff in BFA - whether Darkshore, Zin'Azsahri or any night elf place it is updated with the new style, You had the ruins in dark shore updated, you also had Auberdine and Bashal'aran updated with the art in Azsuna/Suramar ruins and Val'sharah.