Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Gilneas seem like such a waste of a great looking city. I'd love to see that be put to good use.

But then why would it matter outside of lore and rp. It seems we'll be stuck in Stormwind/Orgrimar unless they decide to add portals to the other capitols as well to make them relevant/viable. Personally I've always favored Ironforge over Stormwind but sadly I never go there anymore except for picking up my christmas gifts lol

Here is my idea for a Ren'dorei capital city:

First of all, it could be built right inside of Telogrus. Though it might be a broken landscape, it is still comprised of the remnants of an entire planet, so the main asteroid could be big enough to build a city inside of it. Then, the way Blizzard could justify the foundation of an entirely new city is by relying on the Twisting Nether time rules introduced in Legion. As we know, time passes differently in the Twisting Nether; 30 years spent on Azeroth were 1.000 years in the Twisting Nether from Alleria's perspective. And we know that Telogrus is located on the brink of the Void. But since the Nether and the Void basically function the same way, as in they have very similar roles in the narrative, it would be fairly easy to assume that time passes differently in the Void as well.

So the way they could justify this is by saying that Battle for Azeroth lasted 50 years from the Ren'dorei's perspective on Telogrus, giving them sufficient time to build an entirely new city for their kin and their allies (let's not forget that there are also High Elves and Blood Elves amidst their ranks).

Just imagine a dark underground city of tall and gleaming spires and towers, built inside the remnants of a fractured world. Here's how I picture this new Ren'dorei city:

I'd maybe make it a little smaller in size, since the Ren'dorei, despite their new allies, still lack large numbers like Humans or Dwarves, but overall I've painted my fantasy for a new Thalassian capital city that could rival Silvermoon.
    The Void can be used to protect the world, not to destroy it. But as with any weapon or magic, one must learn to wield it correctly.

Night elfs can just build a new city in Hyjal.

I think they should move to Outland. Both nelves and helves got their settlements there : )

Forsaken: Deatholme

Night elves: Mount Hyjal

High elves/ silver covenant: Dalaran (back in the crater)

Quote Originally Posted by Bildur View Post
    Gilneas seem like such a waste of a great looking city. I'd love to see that be put to good use.

But then why would it matter outside of lore and rp. It seems we'll be stuck in Stormwind/Orgrimar unless they decide to add portals to the other capitols as well to make them relevant/viable. Personally I've always favored Ironforge over Stormwind but sadly I never go there anymore except for picking up my christmas gifts lol
    inddeed, like al ot of cities and a lot of u nique racial architecture.

Night elves sharing with worgen wouldn't solve those problems, nor somehow legitimise Gilneas.. what Wow needs is a new philosophy or approach that utilises cities. People love great cities for their races, each race has it's unique style and several variations of it for large urban centres, for rural etc, they wanna see more and use it.

my proposal: Build up a zone and capital and tie it into race campaigns. Do so over several expansions and patches, with the racial campaign extending the lore of each race incrementally.

You have your racial hearth and a lot lore. Imagine each core race beineg the centre or capital for that race's subpraces and the citiy they built has a place for their sub-races and their architecture, and as time goes, you see the race flourish in its city and capital zone

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    Here is my idea for a Ren'dorei capital city:

First of all, it could be built right inside of Telogrus. Though it might be a broken landscape, it is still comprised of the remnants of an entire planet, so the main asteroid could be big enough to build a city inside of it. Then, the way Blizzard could justify the foundation of an entirely new city is by relying on the Twisting Nether time rules introduced in Legion. As we know, time passes differently in the Twisting Nether; 30 years spent on Azeroth were 1.000 years in the Twisting Nether from Alleria's perspective. And we know that Telogrus is located on the brink of the Void. But since the Nether and the Void basically function the same way, as in they have very similar roles in the narrative, it would be fairly easy to assume that time passes differently in the Void as well.

So the way they could justify this is by saying that Battle for Azeroth lasted 50 years from the Ren'dorei's perspective on Telogrus, giving them sufficient time to build an entirely new city for their kin and their allies (let's not forget that there are also High Elves and Blood Elves amidst their ranks).

Just imagine a dark underground city of tall and gleaming spires and towers, built inside the remnants of a fractured world. Here's how I picture this new Ren'dorei city:

I'd maybe make it a little smaller in size, since the Ren'dorei, despite their new allies, still lack large numbers like Humans or Dwarves, but overall I've painted my fantasy for a new Thalassian capital city that could rival Silvermoon.
    Wow, that's kinda incredible. time passes in the void differently. I wonder if that can be used to have sevceral generations of void elves now available, a city built and now a fully fledged people of their own, many generations apart from the blood elves nad growing in the void.